Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas  (Read 4826 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 02:14:47 am »

My future best man informed me once that my bachelor party would combine two of the manliest events with a twist. Basically we would go into the woods with an ocean of liquor, hunting rifles, and roughly a dozen women-of-the-night. Then, combining elements of hunting and prostitution, things would take off from there. The audio would be recorded and then dubbed over a video of my wedding.

What's up A-CAP?  Where've you been lately?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 10:35:41 am »

What's up A-CAP?  Where've you been lately?

I actually work most in the summer months. Between my summer jobs and working on getting published in economics journals, I haven't had much time. But when this strip sparked the conversation between me and my future best man I couldn't resist but to post.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 02:45:33 pm »

Then, combining elements of hunting and prostitution, things would take off from there. The audio would be recorded and then dubbed over a video of my wedding.

I can see this idea working splendidly, provided nobody ever discovers the video and/or bodies.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 06:47:41 pm »

Hunting/Prostitution Mash Up: the totally nightmarish version
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007, 10:20:15 pm »

Wow.  That was horrifying.  Here's a journalistic write-up.  Stacey and I went on vacation in Vancouver in the summer of 1999.  We didn't hang out in the Downtown Eastside area, although we skirted around it on some of our waterfront walks.  I do remember being surprised at how many, many homeless people there were in the city, in general.  Lots of rather young people - late teens and 20's.  The homeless in SFO tend to be in their 40's & 50's.  Maybe they move south as they get older to avoid bad winters.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2007, 10:44:53 pm »

I accidentally walked right in to a park where people were just sitting around shooting heroin when I was in the area.  Our tourist book didn't bother to mention that Chinatown had degraded into the poorest zip code in North America about 15 years before we got there.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 02:58:31 am »

I would hope that, if/when I get married, my friends would know that I would hate something like this.

But maybe that's not true. no strippers, though. they terrify me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 02:01:53 pm »

I got picked up by a stripper once when I was in high school.

The fully-nude places in my hometown don't serve booze, so they're a magnet for 18-year-olds who can't get into regular bars.  I went with some friends to a place called Lisa's Cabaret where my friend Geoff started chatting up a lady while I was picking up our round of Red Bull.  The stripper sat down in my seat and when I returned I called her out on it.  She patted her knees and told me to hop on, which I did (because I was 18 and she was a very pretty woman wearing nearly nothing).

After about ten seconds of amused chuckles, she decided to stand up.  She reached under one of my arms and under my knees as she stood, so I was basically being cradled by this small woman for a second until it got mutually uncomfortable and we let go of each other.

I guess it was more "lifted" than "picked up," but that doesn't sound as interesting as a conversation starter.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2007, 07:25:13 pm »

I accidentally walked right in to a park where people were just sitting around shooting heroin when I was in the area.  Our tourist book didn't bother to mention that Chinatown had degraded into the poorest zip code in North America about 15 years before we got there.

Chinatown NYC or Chinatown somewhere in california?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2007, 08:23:37 pm »

Chinatown NYC or Chinatown somewhere in california?

Pay attention!

I accidentally walked right in to a park where people were just sitting around shooting heroin when I was in the area.  Our tourist book didn't bother to mention that Chinatown had degraded into the poorest zip code in North America about 15 years before we got there.

Wow.  That was horrifying.  Here's a journalistic write-up.  Stacey and I went on vacation in Vancouver in the summer of 1999.  We didn't hang out in the Downtown Eastside area, although we skirted around it on some of our waterfront walks. 

Vancouver's Chinatown is also quite famous.  Dr Sun Yat-sen did a fair bit of fund-raising for the revolution that overthrew the Qing dynasty there.  A garden was dedicated to him in downtown Vancouver in 1986.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 08:28:59 pm by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up