Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ads in full force: a quite good thing  (Read 2154 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Ads in full force: a quite good thing
« on: October 09, 2003, 04:03:31 am »

Noticing the "ad link" space no longer only mentioned achewood, I realized what I saw was the simple phrase "Recycle Yourself" - and taken to a small, barely-descript cafepress store which offers tshirts, boxers, and sundry which  in most cases supports charities quite deserving of added research funds! Yay for strings-free, externally-initiated charitable donations! It's what they all need, seriously, though I'd have to admit organ donation and breast cancer are definitely among the top of the list.

Taking more care to read the name of the shop, I realized it's not a coincidence - "Dunston Designs." Let's all give a cheer or three to our Hot & Spicy former Den Mother for being of such a generous mind.

I think you've inspired me, jl, to be more giving to our friends who care for those of us in need.

Thank you.

P.S. Expect an order for one "Save the Boobs" sweatshirt and one pair of "Monogamy" boxers.  :D

Also, :boobies:
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Ads in full force: a quite good thing
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 12:38:07 pm »

Yay!  Thanks, kids!  

You should be aware that, because the safer-sex issue can be quite politically charged, I am using the proceeds from "monogamy" products to pay for the administrative costs of running the store (advertising, for now) rather than donating to a safer-sex organization.  I am hightailing it to my product descriptions right now to make this clear.  

Incidentally, this is not the first time we Dunstons have made t-shirts for a cause.  Pedro made these shirts a couple of years ago and he still has a dozen or so left.  If my cafepress designs sell well enough, I'll be making a capital investment so that I can reduce my variable costs and ultimately provide a greater percentage of the purchase price to charity.  But I'd have to sell, like, a hundred of them to break even.  So tell your friends!  

Also,   :heybaby:
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ads in full force: a quite good thing
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2003, 12:50:58 pm »

Jough cheats with his own ad. I saw no hot girl on girl action whatsoever
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Ads in full force: a quite good thing
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2003, 12:58:07 pm »

Isn't "hot girl-girl action" redundant?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Ads in full force: a quite good thing
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2003, 01:06:22 pm »

It's there, you just have to read between the lines.

Those poets are tricky with their subtext, if you catch my meaning.
Pages: [1]   Go Up