Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Subject Comes to Mind  (Read 3690 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: No Subject Comes to Mind
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 07:17:28 am »

"Nebraska has a large agriculture sector, and is a national leader in the production of beef, pork, corn (maize), and soybeans."

Wikipedia.


And I was just kind of being an asshole because you seemed to be making fun of Nebraska but didn't know where it was.  Also, corn grown in Nebraska that feeds Texas cattle still feeds you. (well, theoretically)
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: No Subject Comes to Mind
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 08:00:12 am »

Texas cattle ... feeds you.

In Soviet Russia?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: No Subject Comes to Mind
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 03:20:16 pm »

Indeed it does, but the corn grown in Nebraska goes to pigs and cattle, not people.  I'll definitely eat a pig or cow, but I'm pretty sure they come from Oklahoma, Texas,Tennessee, Arkansas or Alabama (though most likely California, in my case).

My cows come from McDonald's, and my pigs from Denny's.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: No Subject Comes to Mind
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 10:36:44 pm »

Oh hell yes maps. I could look at maps all day long. My mom tells people I have an incredible sense of direction (and indeed, I'm very rarely lost when I'm driving), but I think a lot of that just comes from staring at maps as much as I enjoy doing.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: No Subject Comes to Mind
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 10:39:13 pm »

Oh hell yes maps. I could look at maps all day long. My mom tells people I have an incredible sense of direction (and indeed, I'm very rarely lost when I'm driving), but I think a lot of that just comes from staring at maps as much as I enjoy doing.

I like makin' em as much as I like readin' em. There's something satisfying about distilling information and presenting it in a readable form. I'm hoping that I can get a job doing GIS since I already have a degree in architecture/planning and that's a related field...or maybe I'll go back to school for it. GIS is like taking a map and increasing its information capacity by a million. They're awesome. Central repository of land information, and the interface is only going to become more and more intuitive as time passes.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: No Subject Comes to Mind
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 05:48:57 am »

First: Tennessee = Saudi Arabia?  Holy hell, there must be a lot of corporate headquarters there.

Second: GIS is a lot more about statistics and data manipulation than most people realize.  The mapping is pretty much automatic now, as long as you can get the data in the units you want it.  At least, that's how it was when I was considering the field.  I kind of fell out of love with it when I realized that the maps were almost an afterthought.

Hell, I have a degree in Geography because I think maps are frikkin' awesome.  They basically rule.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: No Subject Comes to Mind
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 12:36:21 am »

Yeah, we're Mexico.

EAT IT, BITCHES
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up