Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: celebrity skin  (Read 10491 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
celebrity skin
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2003, 08:40:32 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Oh, and Sandra Day O'Connor came for a tour once.  Is that a celebrity?

But mostly the celebrities just want to see the damn pandas.


Only inside the beltway.

I think we were purposely given a panda whose name can't really be spelled or prounced in english just to mess with us.

And the whole Roy thing reminds me, is Taj still alive? Is it true they can't breed him?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
celebrity skin
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2003, 08:47:31 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

And the whole Roy thing reminds me, is Taj still alive? Is it true they can't breed him?


I know I should know this, but I do a very bad job of keeping track of the celebrity animals in other units...(just a little more small mammal resentment there. Nobody loves us.)  He is or was the white tiger?  They don't breed them because they aren't natural or something.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
celebrity skin
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2003, 10:06:21 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
I know I should know this, but I do a very bad job of keeping track of the celebrity animals in other units...(just a little more small mammal resentment there. Nobody loves us.)  He is or was the white tiger?  They don't breed them because they aren't natural or something.


Are there any small mammals non-celebrities are allowed to touch? Because that would totally push you past the reptiles.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
celebrity skin
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2003, 11:13:31 pm »

Actually, my eight-month-old daughter has better celebrity run-ins than I do.   Loretta Swit from M.A.S.H. was on line behind us at the store and was all googly over her, as was the female doctor from E.R. ( Laura Innes? ) when she sat next to us at Louise's.  And my wife told me there was a Sally Struthers run-in as well.  Too bad she's not on a show whose title is an abbreviation for something else.

Other than that, not much to report.  Rip Torn yelled at me over the phone once; I hung out at Andy Dick's house while a friend pitched him a movie idea; many years earlier, Paul Westerberg told me that their next album was going to be called Tim and I had no idea how to respond to that.  

Oh, and when I was in Our Town in high school, Mira Sorvino played Mrs. Webb.  

Nothing else leaps to mind.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
celebrity skin
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2003, 01:13:25 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

Are there any small mammals non-celebrities are allowed to touch? Because that would totally push you past the reptiles.


Yes, if they are my friends, and they wash their hands afterwards.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
celebrity skin
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2003, 01:26:28 am »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Rip Torn yelled at me over the phone once

Oh, and when I was in Our Town in high school, Mira Sorvino played Mrs. Webb.  


Did you threaten to kill him? Maybe it's just me who utterly hates him.

And, wow, despite the age difference I'm in about 17 shades of love with Mira Sorvino.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
celebrity skin
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2003, 01:56:33 am »

I attended high school with failed astronaut Lance Bass.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
celebrity skin
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2003, 02:07:15 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Are there any small mammals non-celebrities are allowed to touch? Because that would totally push you past the reptiles.


Yes, if they are my friends, and they wash their hands afterwards.


Am I your friend? What about my fiancee?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
celebrity skin
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2003, 03:35:43 am »

I would make him wash his hands BEFORE touching the animals...

<snicker>
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
celebrity skin
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2003, 03:44:32 am »

Ooh, ooh, I just thought of one.  I just read Hunter Thompson's latest book, and in it he talks about growing up in Louisville.  Imagine my surprise when I read that he dated my cousin when they were both in high school.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
celebrity skin
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2003, 04:44:31 am »

I have a few celebrity stories, but it's probably better I don't mention them in a public forum.

Most of the people I've met are writers - and there was a particular writer of legal thrillers that a friend and I took to a strip club.  For a millionaire, he was very stingy with the tips to the girls.  I'm just saying.

pubdoggy

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 89
  • R. Smuckles publicity shot c. 2002
    • View Profile
    • Simon Whitehead Photography
celebrity skin
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2003, 09:53:43 am »

My ex girlfriend works in TV over here in London, so I've met quite a few British celebs socially, but by far my most starstruck occasion was meeting and interviewing Anthrax for the fanclub back in 1995. I was well in with the guy who ran the fanclub (a job he later offered me) and so I just got handed access all areas passes and chilled with them before and after their  show. Interviewed John Bush for Kerrang! and then sat and chatted to the others after the show. Scott Ian is just the coolest, most down to earth bloke and so talented it hurts. Nice guys.
Logged
Satori must be something just the same...

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
celebrity skin
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2003, 10:18:54 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Are there any small mammals non-celebrities are allowed to touch? Because that would totally push you past the reptiles.


Yes, if they are my friends, and they wash their hands afterwards.


Am I your friend? What about my fiancee?


OK, anyone who wants in on the Acheheads tour of the Small Mammal house, PM me and I'll see what I can do.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
celebrity skin
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2003, 01:00:41 pm »

Oh, when I flew back from London George Lucas, his daughter, and her friends bought all of first class. There weren't that many of them, they just bought a lot of empty seats to keep it private.
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
celebrity skin
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2003, 01:49:11 pm »

I swear on a stack of bibles that I've met Thomas Pynchon, J.D. Salinger ,and that guy who stole that money and jumped out of that plane that the money was in.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up