Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 19 June 2007 - The First Church of Cornelians. It came to him in a pinch.  (Read 5161 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace

You can take that to the bank.

Not sure I 100% get the narrative. Love that Cornelius had immigration issues.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

Give the bbcode a shot instead of the HTML.

The time lapse continuum of Beef is confusing to me, but I like how it's greyed-out like in a dream sequence.
Logged

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six

it's kind of depressing, to be honest ... I'm going to assume it's either a comment on the change in Beef's life now that he's going to be married, or that Onstad was just a bit baked when he wrote this one.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

So, this seems to point to Onstad still reading this board.  How did our whole "Soviet Russia" meme start anyway?  I mean, I know it originates from comedian Yakov Smirnoff, but why did we start doing it all the time?   I don't remember.

It's a relief to see Beef's TV's adjust over time.  It means he's able to sort of keep up with things.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

I am interested in Mr. Bear's ideas and would like to subscribe to his newsletter.
Logged

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile

the "in soviet russia..." thing is everywhere on the internet

everywhere
Logged

ersatz

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile

No, seriously, like... everywhere. You have no idea how many places that thing is.

I registered just to make sure you realize this.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile

In Soviet Russia, Internet is all over "Soviet Russia jokes are all over the Internet" jokes!

Wait.  Did I do that right?
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

No, seriously, like... everywhere. You have no idea how many places that thing is.

I registered just to make sure you realize this.

You are totally right. It's huge on the intarwub. There are probably millions of references to "(Noun)? In Soviet Russia, (noun) (verbs)s you!" on PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE photos and messageboards and whatnot.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

Yakov is in UR intarnets, Soviet Russia-ing UR jokes.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest

Well, this thread went to hell fast.

Anyway -- like everyone else, I'm not sure what to make of the left portion, but the right once is nice. Maybe the intent is a contrast between the way Beef formerly viewed his life (watching a TV alone until, finally, he is dead and only the TV notices) and the way things are actually shaping up (graceful and generous friends helping him to get married to his beloved)?
Logged

quobobo

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile

SO I HAERD U LIEK SOVIET RUSSIA JOKES?




Hey! That's dangerously close to a violation of rules 1 and 2.
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace

Anyway -- like everyone else, I'm not sure what to make of the left portion, but the right once is nice. Maybe the intent is a contrast between the way Beef formerly viewed his life (watching a TV alone until, finally, he is dead and only the TV notices) and the way things are actually shaping up (graceful and generous friends helping him to get married to his beloved)?

Can'd for correct interpretation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

Exactly.

To the left, the reality where Beef doesn't have Molly to love him and be benignly-mutally-codependent with him. To the right, his buddies making sure that reality doesn't happen. No time travel necessary.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

I just got the internet reconnected after a week, I come here and it's like the entire goddamn internet is ganging up on me, all we need is a chuck norris gag and we're good. I love you all.

Also thankyou to V, smets and rumjay for making me understand what Onstad is doing here. How do you suppose we get into Cornie's church? Can I just declare myself ordained? Is that good enough for the cartoon stuffed bear religion? Because if so I'm ordained, right here, right now.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up