Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 19 June 2007 - The First Church of Cornelians. It came to him in a pinch.  (Read 5171 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

The Unitarian Universalist church will ordain anyone for free.  I am ordained, since small times actually.  The did not care that I was an atheist at the time, and never hassled me again afterword.  I did it on-line actually, but I don't remember the site.  I'm sure there's lots of 'em out there if you search.  I lost the certificate, but I seem to remember that they told me I could just get re-ordained. It only applies in the US though, Canada doesn't consider me ordained so, I have to cross the border to marry people.  Which means my gay friends are SOL.  Everyone on TOUAMB should get ordained and then we can be the Church of the Official Unofficial Achewood Message Board.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

Yeah I've seen the universalist church, it never really gripped me, it's a title without religion. I figure I'm already a discordian pope so I don't want to trade down, but let's just say if the 'stad started pumping out dog collars with strips screen printed on the front I'd be first in line.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

I just got the internet reconnected after a week, I come here and it's like the entire goddamn internet is ganging up on me, all we need is a chuck norris gag and we're good. I love you all.

Meh, I prefer the Alton Brown and Samoa Joe versions of those lists.

In the first, as-yet-unaired episode of Iron Chef America, Alton Brown single-handedly defeated an all-star team of Bobby Flay, Cat Cora, and Hiroyuki Sakai. The secret ingredient: whimsy
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile

You sure it's the UUs you're talking about here? I thought UUs had each congregation ordain its own minister. The Universal Life Church, on the other hand, will ordain ministers by mail or e-mail on request.
Logged

ImpyChick

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 12
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 38
    • View Profile

I've been ordained through Universal Ministries since 2004.

http://www.universalministries.com/

I signed up just so I could tell people I'm an ordained minister.  The actual ordination doesn't really amount to much.  Plus...I forgot all about this until reading this thread, lol.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 06:03:22 pm by ImpyChick »
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

In the first, as-yet-unaired episode of Iron Chef America, Alton Brown single-handedly defeated an all-star team of Bobby Flay, Cat Cora, and Hiroyuki Sakai. The secret ingredient: whimsy
I heard the pilot episodes of Iron Chef america were hosted by william shatner until they realised what a terrible idea that was.

And Ben-San is right, as always.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

I heard the pilot episodes of Iron Chef america were hosted by william shatner until they realised what a terrible idea that was.

And Ben-San is right, as always.

Back in 2001 there was a version of ICA on UPN. Shatner played the Chairman which actually worked pretty well. And it made sense because the chairman on the original IC was also a well-known actor. The main problem was that they filmed it in Vegas with a live audience who had brought in pro-wrestling-style signs. Plus the announcers were obnoxious and the chefs all seemed to care too much about appearing fun instead of stuffy.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

Did he wear fabulous blouses?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

Did he wear fabulous blouses?

I think they only aired one episode. So maybe fabulous blouse.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up