Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My best friend won't survive the morning.  (Read 3257 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: My best friend won't survive the morning.
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 12:06:10 pm »

Damn G. Just Damn. It's never a good time to lose a friend.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: My best friend won't survive the morning.
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 01:54:19 am »

I wish you deep healing G.

For me the best/worst part of my losses have always been the moments where everything is so normal.  Standing there, on the street and the world is going on, and just wanting to yell "Stop.  Just stop.  Don't you see?"  These moments have always been the markers of those times for me.  I don't know why.  Birds flying on a perfect day, except I was standing in a grave yard.  Someone cracking a joke and just laughing, laughing so hard - too hard.  Watching the sun go down. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: My best friend won't survive the morning.
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 07:41:29 am »

I'm touched by your words about your friend and also the responses on the board. You all are really interesting, caring people and I hate hate hate that I never get a chance to hang out on this board anymore, and I hate even more that today, when I found you all again for probably a moment only, it's around a sad circumstance. I'll probably not be back for a month.... :-(

That said, I'd just like to mention that times and situations like this one and others mentioned, underscore for me the importance of prayer. If you believe, even a little bit, or even if you want to - take a moment to frame up your feelings, your anger, your pain, your guilt - and offer it back. It's therapeutic to be sure but of course my faith understanding tells me that prayers are in some way answered.

You may not feel that same way, but I find it's a good way to reflect on what I'm feeling and helps me to process the feelings in a way that makes it easier to go on.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: My best friend won't survive the morning.
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 08:37:09 pm »

I wish you deep healing G.

For me the best/worst part of my losses have always been the moments where everything is so normal.  Standing there, on the street and the world is going on, and just wanting to yell "Stop.  Just stop.  Don't you see?"  These moments have always been the markers of those times for me.  I don't know why.  Birds flying on a perfect day, except I was standing in a grave yard.  Someone cracking a joke and just laughing, laughing so hard - too hard.  Watching the sun go down. 


Yes.

Last night, at dinner, I was laughing at something and realized that I had laughed just like my grandfather used to -- "hoo hoo hoo." My grandfather has been dead four years this month, and it still hit a chord.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: My best friend won't survive the morning.
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2007, 11:14:01 am »

I've never really lost anyone I was that close to while I was old enough to appreciate it but my mother has always said the same thing about her father dying, she was getting petrol later that day and couldn't understand how everyone was just going about their day.
I guess the world moves on with or without us, that's comforting and depressing at the same time.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: My best friend won't survive the morning.
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2007, 08:02:31 pm »

The amount of loss I've experienced is significantly more than the peers I hang with.  I used to be angry about this, but now I have a strong sense of having turned a corner and am coming to terms with a sense of gratitude that I've made it through all that, and become a better human for it.

I have a beautiful story to tell about a friend I lost a month ago, but I'm not ready to go there until after my writing deadline of July 1st.  It's actually a really beautiful thing, but I'm also fully aware that I've put aside the mourning of this friend due to how busy my life is right now.  I've told myself I'll got there, but only when I really have time to process it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: My best friend won't survive the morning.
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 12:34:42 am »

I'm a little late to the thread, but I'm very sorry for your loss.

joeyramoney1

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -17
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: My best friend won't survive the morning.
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2007, 04:11:04 am »

saddest thing.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: My best friend won't survive the morning.
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 02:17:45 pm »

I was offline for a couple of days, but I am terribly sorry for your loss, G. 

That's all, I suppose, one can say.  All the "I've been theres" and "it gets betters" in the world won't help you right now. 

I do hope, however, that when the pain starts to fade, you remember the kind words of those who wrote and that they do help, somehow, sometime in the future. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up