Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crimes against nature  (Read 3495 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Crimes against nature
« on: June 24, 2007, 05:09:25 am »

I mean, who sets out to breed these things?

I hope Wombat doesn't de-can me for this abomination


That would be a pug-mix.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Crimes against nature
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 05:44:37 am »

I mean, who sets out to breed these things?

I hope Wombat doesn't de-can me for this abomination


That would be a pug-mix.

Pug Mix.  That sounds like something you snack on at a party.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Crimes against nature
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 06:41:31 am »

my dad & stepmom are visiting (ahh, finally Lenny jumped off my lap and I can type appropriately) and they were shocked when I said that I wanted to get two Pugs. Milan and Lennybruce will hopefully be with me for a loooong time (they're only 4, so hopefully I'll have them at least another 11 years)...but I would love to get two pugs.

My dad said they are gross, and I said, "Au contraire! They are hella cute!" His neighbor has a pug named Monty, and my pa secretly calls him "Monty the Manatee" because he's so horribly overfed.

I am not sure what I would name them. I would have to come up with a hilarious combo, but all I can think of is "Bacon & Egg" or "Paris & Nicole".

Omba's have nice names, Rose and Lily (why is it that people I meet with my name are always pets??). If I got a pair o' pugs, what would you party people vote to name them?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Crimes against nature
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 07:13:55 am »

If I got a pair of pugs, I would almost certainly name them Merry and Pippin, but I am a nerd.

Speaking of crimes against nature, my uncle got another pair of hairless cats. Luckily, I think they are two dude cats, so he's not going back into breeding, but oh my christ, hairless kittens look like someone fed the Mogwai after midnight. The fact that they seem incapable of expressions not composed of sheer malice does not help. I imagine them thinking "WE WERE NOT MEANT TO BE, T-REX" all the time.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Crimes against nature
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 09:47:10 am »

Lenny and Carl.

Though when I have the living space to own cats again, I shall name them all after members of the 1986 Mets.

"The author lives in suburban Los Angeles with his girlfriend Adrian and their six cats, Mookie Nails Straw Hojo Gary and Backman."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Crimes against nature
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 10:16:50 am »

I theenk maybe "Salsa" and "Gazpacho".

Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Crimes against nature
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 01:28:39 pm »

What makes that dog hideous is not the pug parts, but that that the other part of the mix is Chinese Crested.  Normal Chinese Cresteds don't usually look so bad, but man, when they go wrong, they really go wrong.

V, I had a cat named Pippin once, but I was 13 years old, so I don't think that helps get you off the nerdiness hook exactly. And linnea, we have both cats and pugs, so what are you waiting for? 

Pugs remind me of dumplings. Someone ought to have pugs named Shu Mai and Har Gao, or Pierogi and Gnocchi. or Gyoza and Kreplach...
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Crimes against nature
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 04:03:16 pm »

We had a Springer Spaniel named Galadriel (Gally) when I was a teenager.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Crimes against nature
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 04:58:18 pm »

We had a Springer Spaniel named Galadriel (Gally) when I was a teenager.

For the win.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Crimes against nature
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 05:31:22 pm »

my dog/cats are Jupiter, Cleopatra, and Julius.
Previous cats: Luna, Apollo

so. there's that.
My family voted on names. In every case but Jupiter, the winning name was something I suggested, and then immediately retracted as "lame."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Crimes against nature
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 06:00:30 pm »

If I got a pair of pugs, I would almost certainly name them Merry and Pippin, but I am a nerd.

V, I had a cat named Pippin once, but I was 13 years old, so I don't think that helps get you off the nerdiness hook exactly. And linnea, we have both cats and pugs, so what are you waiting for? 

My girlfriend's family cat is named Pippin, and they're mostly reasonably well-adjusted. Though I guess he was named some time ago; he is very old. He also has no tail, which makes him extra-cute.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Crimes against nature
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 07:45:57 pm »

I finally actually read that Ugliest Dog site linked in the OP, and damn, that is a lot of Chinese Cresteds. Who breeds those things?

As for cat names, we haven't generally tended to go too dorky, but my parents had this tendency to let me name the cat when I was a little kid, which led to some bad names -- like the first cat we got, Diddle (my attempt to pronounce "kitty" at less than a year old).
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Crimes against nature
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 08:29:39 pm »

I finally actually read that Ugliest Dog site linked in the OP, and damn, that is a lot of Chinese Cresteds. Who breeds those things?

As for cat names, we haven't generally tended to go too dorky, but my parents had this tendency to let me name the cat when I was a little kid, which led to some bad names -- like the first cat we got, Diddle (my attempt to pronounce "kitty" at less than a year old).

Ah diddle the cat.  It just rolls off the tongue.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Crimes against nature
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 08:47:02 pm »

Someone ought to have pugs named . . . Gyoza and Kreplach.

That would rule.

My cats are named Bob(cat) and Josie (the Pussycat). I swear on my grandmother's grave, I did not realize the connections there until after we named them. Actually, the lady's name is Josephine, but we call her Pooh. The gentleman's name is Moshi, after Bill "Moshi" Mosienko. We just call him Bob because of the Mitchell brothers.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Crimes against nature
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2007, 11:59:49 pm »

You may certainly use the pair of pug names we were considering, "Porky & Petunia".  We ended up with our beautiful American Eskimo instead (female) so we only used "Petunia".  I was also petitioning for "Football" and "Soccer" (for a pair-o-pugs).
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up