Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meanwhile, at the Hospital - Rocktober 9 (10-09-03)  (Read 7774 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Meanwhile, at the Hospital - Rocktober 9.
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2003, 08:17:22 am »

It may have been in a Python sketch, but it was definitely how you pronounced "Zaphod Beeblebrox" (ray-mond-lux-ur-eee-ya-ot) in either the Hitchhiker's TV show or the radio series.

It's been a long time.  But I wasn't at all aware of that Python sketch - so maybe it's a cross-reference, an in-joke, although I don't know who was zooming whom there.

Very interesting.


Now I'm going to stay up all night listening to the radio show to find the episode and time-code.  Don't wait up.  I will restore the full power of all internet crushes.  Honour demands it.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Meanwhile, at the Hospital - Rocktober 9.
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2003, 09:26:50 am »

Quote from: "jough"

Now I'm going to stay up all night listening to the radio show to find the episode and time-code.  Don't wait up.  I will restore the full power of all internet crushes.  Honour demands it.


It's going to be amusing when he doesn't find it.
Sorry man...
Well, since I know it too well...

"This is the story of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Perhaps the most remarkable, certainly the most succesful book ever to come out of the great publishing corporations of Ursa Minor..."

Aaaaah Belgium to that.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Meanwhile, at the Hospital - Rocktober 9.
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2003, 10:32:22 am »

It's 6.30 am and Jough hasn't reported back yet.

I'm starting to worry.  Does anyone know how to run the messageboard if he has committed harakiri?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Meanwhile, at the Hospital - Rocktober 9.
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2003, 11:32:43 am »

Well, the entire h2g2 radio series is 6 hours. So we got to give him some time.
And as for running it, well, we can declare mob rule or something.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Meanwhile, at the Hospital - Rocktober 9.
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2003, 04:18:28 pm »

Do we even have enough people to form a proper mob, though?

Never mind; I'm sure we just need to make a little more effort. I'll get the pitchforks.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Meanwhile, at the Hospital - Rocktober 9.
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2003, 05:18:11 pm »

Ooh! I'll whip up some torches! I know that girl scout handbook is around here somewhere...
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Meanwhile, at the Hospital - Rocktober 9.
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2003, 06:43:33 pm »

Quote from: "Mite"
Ooh! I'll whip up some torches! I know that girl scout handbook is around here somewhere...


OOooooh, I'll get to work on the cookies!
Damn. I need a little practice at this mob stuff.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Meanwhile, at the Hospital - Rocktober 9.
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2003, 07:25:18 pm »

That's quite enough of that.  

Yes, children.  Momma's home.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Meanwhile, at the Hospital - Rocktober 9.
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2003, 12:47:47 am »

Oh, I decided to watch Truffauts "Adventures of Antoine Doinel" DVD boxed set instead.  I got stuck on "The 400 Blows" though because it's so dang good.

But one of these days I'll get around to listening to the Hitchhiker's Guide radio shows again.  Maybe someone could find a link to a transcription of the entire show and save me some time.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Meanwhile, at the Hospital - Rocktober 9.
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2003, 12:49:06 am »

P.S. Oh yeah, I'm only in charge as much as I have the "flying fist of death" but really I answer to JL.  She's the head muhfugga here.

Or so I tell her. ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up