Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Poll

Which ones might you get?

Todd Coat of Arms
Philippe is standing on it.
King of the Make-Outs
Impossible to have a good day.
None of them.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whoa! New shirt designs!  (Read 3860 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 09:35:21 pm »

oh, god, I'm so sorry.

I don't know why I thought of it, personally. it is on my list of "comics I used to read, and then I realized that I had never laughed at a single one."

right now Questionable Content is on there, but, I still read it.

So yeah, I kind of want an Achewood shirt, as I still don't own one. Hm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 11:32:46 pm »

I don't know why I thought of it, personally. it is on my list of "comics I used to read, and then I realized that I had never laughed at a single one."

Seconded. This is why I kinda just... stopped reading it.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 11:49:48 pm »

Seconded. This is why I kinda just... stopped reading it.

That's what happened with me and Overcompensating. And Toothpaste for Dinner.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2007, 02:17:39 am »

That's what happened with me and Overcompensating. And Toothpaste for Dinner.

I still read Toothpaste for Dinner because it takes so little effort to read that it doesn't seem like a significant waste of time the nine out of ten times it doesn't make me laugh.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2007, 05:28:02 am »

There are quite a lot of comics that I have in my "webcomics" Firefox tab that almost never make me laugh. I just enjoy the story. I guess I approach them more from a graphic novel approach, rather than having a "funny pages" mentality.

Penny Arcade - Well, actually I laugh at that one quite a lot.
Overcompensating - I love Jeffrey Rowland. He's hilarious.
Scary Go Round - I started reading The Englishman's work back in his Bobbins days and never really stopped.
Diesel Sweeties - I don't recall laughing out loud, but I still like it.
Perry Bible Fellowship - He did a comic about triage that made me nearly pee myself laughing. I forwarded it to all my medic friends. Since then I haven't found the same level of hilarity, but I love the artwork and craftsmanship that goes into each one.
xkcd - I love this one. I laugh maniacally at most almost every single one of the strips. Pure genius.
Questionable Content - I really like his character development and artwork. I don't laugh much but I still like it.
Little Gamers - Most of the time he goes for gross-out humor similar to Penny Arcade, but it's still funny sometimes. I feel left out when he does strips in teh Swedish language though.
Natalie Dee - I love her so much. I know that some of y'all don't like her and don't get the humor, but I love it. They're just cute little one-liner drawings, and there's almost no character development or storyline to speak of, but I enjoy them.
Toothpaste for Dinner - same as ND. They're married, you know. I don't like Married To The Sea as much but I do read it occasionally. I would like to get a "It's Mother fuck*ng Booze Time" shirt.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 07:47:02 am by linnea »
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2007, 04:35:49 pm »

There are quite a lot of comics that I have in my "webcomics" Firefox tab that almost never make me laugh. I just enjoy the story. I guess I approach them more from a graphic novel approach, rather than having a "funny pages" mentality.

Penny Arcade - Well, actually I laugh at that one quite a lot.


That might be an archetypal Penny Arcade at the moment. Or as we say in zoology, "type specimen".

(I was a zoologist, then a marine biologist, then a molecular biologist)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2007, 02:49:02 pm »

man, achewood is going hell of mainstream. All making t-shirts with unintelligeble slogans on them. All having beef get married.

Onstad, instead, I am going to buy this shirt.

I have that one - classic. I also have WiGU Not a Potato.

I basically never read webcomics anymore because it just takes too much time.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2007, 03:05:49 am »

I have that one - classic. I also have WiGU Not a Potato.

I basically never read webcomics anymore because it just takes too much time.

Whenever a friend of mine (actually it is pretty much the one friend all the time) tries to get me to read a new webcomic, I usually just look at two or three, do not laugh, and think "your activities are so poorly conveyed" and never read another one of those webcomics again. It is a great time saver.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2007, 03:20:49 am »

Reading this thread has forced me to admit that Toothpaste for Dinner isn't any good anymore. This is sad. I was happier when I was in denial about it, dammit. And I have to keep reading it in case there are more pug videos so there's nothing I can do about it.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2007, 03:25:08 am »

Hugs, Wombles. Things like that are hard to confront, but you're better for it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2007, 03:00:08 pm »

I'm telling you people, Little Dee is where it's at.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Whoa! New shirt designs!
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2007, 10:54:22 pm »

I'm telling you people, Little Dee is where it's at.

I really like Baldwin's work. Bruno was a little pretentious and angst-ridden for me, but his artwork is spectacular. I also really like Little Dee, glad that you reminded me. I'll add it to my Firefox links.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up