Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving Tips?  (Read 11436 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2007, 12:08:00 am »

the whole moving-in thing will be fun, though. new room to organize, new books to buy. I have had, at this point, three dreams about moving in-- two about getting roommates other than the guys I am supposed to live with, and one where my room was only slightly larger than my tiny cot-bed.
I always pitied the tall guys moving into the dorms for the first time.  Its like the entire world was 5'7" in the '60s or something (when the dorms at HSU were built).  The rooms was just barely, exactly the right size for me.  All others had to duck into the bunks, scrunch up their legs, scoot back chairs, etc.  The furniture was built by prisoners too.  I think it was revenge against the society that imprisoned them or something.  I have pics of my 6'3 roommate perched like a morose vulture in our common area.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2007, 03:39:04 am »

I have pics of my 6'3 roommate perched like a morose vulture in our common area.

That is a beautiful image. Tiny can.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2007, 04:05:50 am »

Or perhaps a sulky bald eagle?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2007, 06:05:05 am »

Interestingly, yes. I dare say she was a... hot nerd girl. And she was 18, which makes it okay for me to say that.

Creeeepy!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2007, 06:06:55 am »

my dad always talks about how, his freshman year at UMASS, he lived in the basement, on the top bunk of a triple-bunk. He had about a foot of space.

I don't remember any funny stories about how tall he was, though.

Our beds are "extra-long," which is wonderful. I miss my bed at school... something about it is much more comfortable than my "real bed." I think it's mostly the nice, thick comforter that I have.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2007, 07:38:48 am »

Is there some kind of law that basement dorm rooms always have to be substantially less comfortable and more disgusting than any other rooms, even in the same building? I recall my freshman dorm having passable basement rooms, but every other time I've heard the phrase "basement room," it has been synonymous with "hellhole."

... no, wait, there was Currier, where "basement room" was synonymous with "huge, awesome rooms with fireplaces and crap, except the acoustics are such that if anyone in the whole basement has non-silent sex, you've got a front-row seat." Which may arguably also be "hellhole," but y'know, YMMV.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2007, 04:51:41 pm »

During the theatre season, I walk through two erect phalluses penetrating the ground every day.  Did no one notice this?  The architect who designed the building turned out to be a pedophile!  Creepy!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2007, 05:01:50 pm »

They let the pedophile erect the theatre for young people - huh, imagine that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2007, 05:26:51 pm »

They let the pedophile erect the theatre for young people - huh, imagine that.

Wow, well I'm glad to hear that the US isn't the only country who allows shit like that to happen. Craaaazy!
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2007, 05:40:12 pm »

Hey Mel, did he build any Chuck Berry shit into the building?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2007, 05:52:09 pm »

Damn!  I didn't know Chuck Berry was a peaedophile, so i did a google and this was the second hit on Google. NOT SAFE FOR WORK!  Seriously. 

What the fuck?

(edit:  I came back and took the link out.  Seriously.  You don't want to look at that link.  You could be fired on the spot for looking at that shit.)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 09:45:58 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2007, 06:11:34 pm »

That is a beautiful image. Tiny can.

I"m not coughing up a can until I see the picture.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2007, 09:13:04 pm »

Hey, look!  I split a thread! 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2007, 09:29:43 pm »

I have to heartily apologize for this derail. Most of them are ok, but this went into some dark territory.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Tips?
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2007, 09:49:09 pm »

Yeah... I'm really the guilty party for posting the link.  I was just so shocked.  I've edited it out for everyone else's benefit - any employer would have just cause to fire you if you looked at a site like that while as work, any SO just cause to doubt your wellness for looking at such a link.  Just don't go there people.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up