Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.  (Read 7444 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« on: June 28, 2007, 05:08:32 am »

Whoa. Philippe's face is serious times in the last panel.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06282007
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 05:32:55 am by linnea »
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 05:13:37 am »

Linnea!  Link!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 05:17:18 am »

Lyle in these glasses is now Evil Wilford Brimley.

Also, I hear that sad Western movie music that begins with the bell striking when Phillippe opens that door.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 05:33:31 am »

Linnea!  Link!

SHIT! Thank you, J. I totally forgot that crucial bit of information.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 09:10:22 am »

Lyle in his glasses looks exactly like what G. Gordon Liddy looks like if you're very very high.

There. I said it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 12:58:12 pm »

This can't be good for Phillipe's therapy.
Logged

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 01:39:24 pm »

I see this turning out like his trip to the dump, for some reason.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 03:07:18 pm »

The idea of a drinking fountain for dogs being in the bathroom is also sort of great, you have to admit. I can picture Philippe's mind racing furiously, concluding that, at last, it's just thoughtful, and now the dogs won't have to drink out of the toilet anymore! Win for everybody!
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 04:17:52 pm »

Being the colonial rube that I am, I have seen bidets while travelling, and played with the controls a bit for amusement but haven't ever used one.  Is it used in lieu of, or in addition to, TP?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 04:52:19 pm »

yeah, I've only seen one once, and couldn't figure the whole concept out. It's just so...

French.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 05:31:35 pm »

Re: the alt text - I have the same compulsion.

The same compulsion as a five year old cartoon stuffed otter.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 06:48:19 pm »

I used bidets several times in my childhood when visiting family in Europe.  I remember some tension and my mom explaining them to me back then.  But then I forgot about them.  So when I was in Bali and my bathroom had a bidet, I was uncertain which way to sit.. facing the wall, or facing out?  But I wanted to try it since the Indonesians love to make fun of use Westerners for using toilet paper, and they'd had a few good laughs at our expense about this during my visit.  Then I turned it on and it shot water right into my face!  Horrible!

In lieu of the question as to if a bidet is in lieu of TP or in addition to it, in my experience, in Europe it in addition to, and in Indonesia it's in lieu of.

Such a contentious addition to the bathroom.

And what do you do with the ass towel afterward?  That's what I want to know.  Especially in someone's house.  I mean, I don't want someone washing their hands and then using it....
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 07:09:06 pm »

I heard an interview with no impact man on Brian Lehrer a while back, who is trying to live for one year with no environmental footprint.  About a third of the calls were people asking him questions about his bathroom habits.  Everybody wanted to know how he's getting by without toilet paper.  (A washing bowl and many washcloths is apparently the answer.) 
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 07:37:37 pm »

Yeah, the Indonesian folks in the parts of the country I visited just use their hands.  This is also apparently the case in some parts of Thailand and Malaysia and other parts of Asia too.

Here's some shots I took of two bathrooms in Indonesia.  The first one was from a row of tiny little closet style rooms with tiled floors and drains in the middle.  The second one sort of almost looks like a trough-style urinal, but this was a women's washroom - none of us ever figured out how to used it.  At the Jakarta National Arts Centre, the womens washrooms had these low to the ground, individual, urinal style thingies that I never took a photo of.  One of the women explained that you sort of lean against it facing the wall while straddling, and there were two levers, one for a bidet style spray, the other for a flush, but it was too confusing.  What I really didn't understand is why everyone was neither wet nor pee smelly, as there was nary a towel for miles and miles.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 28 June 2007 - A bidet's only as mean as the guy usin' it.
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 07:46:57 pm »

I heard an interview with no impact man on Brian Lehrer a while back, who is trying to live for one year with no environmental footprint.  About a third of the calls were people asking him questions about his bathroom habits.  Everybody wanted to know how he's getting by without toilet paper.  (A washing bowl and many washcloths is apparently the answer.) 

How does he have no environmental footprint if he's using a washcloth?  Come to think of it, the entire idea of no environmental footprint is absurd.  It's impossible.

Edit- Ok, I read his blog and he agrees sort of.  I didn't find anything where he explains how using a washcloth is a no impact choice though.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up