Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Blogs Of July, 2007  (Read 4168 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 12:32:51 pm »

I've seen that before. Where have I seen that before? I thought someone here mentioned it, but on review it could have been MeFi.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 01:56:42 pm »

An entire post about how Beef's family sucks and how they screwed Beef up but how she will put up with them and sees the shit that the other girls don't see in Beef (the implication being that it is she who is special since she sees in him what others do not)?

Quote from: Molly
he has his 'zine. That's fine. It's actually kind of fun.

Was there ever any clearer bitch-code for 'This quirk of his is only slightly irritating. I will let it continue, for now.'

No, this does not alter my views on Molly.
Not At All.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 02:30:57 pm »

An entire post about how Beef's family sucks and how they screwed Beef up but how she will put up with them and sees the shit that the other girls don't see in Beef (the implication being that it is she who is special since she sees in him what others do not)?

I can see that interpretation. Fair criticism.

But Beef probably is really hard to deal with. And she's right - other girls don't see that stuff in Beef, that's why he's just had the one girlfriend.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2007, 03:36:07 pm »

I can see that interpretation. Fair criticism.

See, I was trying to be ridiculously unfair to prove that no matter what I will hate Molly.
Way to go ruin it all by being understanding and even handed Rumjay.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2007, 07:30:01 am »

Ray has no idea about Australia.

No-one in Australia drinks Foster's.  No-one.  The only people I've met who have ever drunk Foster's are all American.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007, 10:18:03 am »

I haven't even read Ray's yet (save the best for last), but Pat's blog was hilarious.  Especially tantric sky fuck*ng and how he points out specifically that he doesn't respect bar/restaurant owners.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 01:14:41 pm »

I sense that Ray's Australia post was all a set up for something hilarious that will happen at the resistance pool.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 03:44:58 pm »

"You can't put question marks on the table, chica." 

Onstad's on a roll.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2007, 04:58:30 am »

I find it hilarious that in reprinting Ray's recent Australia-based blog post on news.com.au, they changed "cold Foster's" to "cold beer", thus proving my earlier point.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007, 05:17:09 am »

I find it hilarious that in reprinting Ray's recent Australia-based blog post on news.com.au, they changed "cold Foster's" to "cold beer", thus proving my earlier point.

Heh. I've heard that real Aussies don't drink Foster's, but I never really believed it until now. That's hilarious.

Onstad knows that they don't really drink Foster's, but Ray believes whatever the glowing box will tell him. Classic.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 04:32:13 pm »

I find it hilarious that in reprinting Ray's recent Australia-based blog post on news.com.au, they changed "cold Foster's" to "cold beer", thus proving my earlier point.

That's Aussie good naturedness right there.  They didn't want the cat to look foolish.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 10:15:06 pm »

One time someone bought my dad a 12-pack of Fosters.  He wouldn't drink it so he gave it to me.  I drank it throughout a week, and by the end I kind of liked it.  I will never drink it again if it is not free, though.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 10:02:03 am »

Yeah, there are many better beers here than fosters, some of which are even made in this country.
Plus it doesn't even have a good song.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: The Blogs Of July, 2007
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2007, 12:03:57 am »

Ray's latest "Australia" post really had me laughing. It is so perfectly Ray. It is the distilled pure essence of Ray.

The last comment about Australia being several days ahead of us really got me.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up