Why is it that music sounds just that much better in the summer? It just does. I seem to have taken a bit of a departure from my folk music ways, and my lastest listens are of a decidedly more rock-based turn.
Music I have been throughly enjoying includes:
The Cliks - sexy f-to-m trans lead singer, all lesbian girl back band, pared down rock. Also, they sing a cover of Justin Timerlakes Cry Me A River that actually makes me like the song!
Mika - okay, this guy is the sound of summer. I'm sure lots of you have heard him already, but... hell yeah. I've already heard his music floating on the air on the hottest dog days. He is also sexy, post-gay and heavily influenced by Freddy Mercury... awesome. Also, specifically re: this song - it is almost impossible not to dance around!
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs - okay, so their album came out last summer, but, just... fuck yes.
Also the
White Stripes latest is on replay quite often. When they were out here last week they just set up and started busking on a bridge for a while. How cool is that? I missed it though, which sucks.
Saving the best for last, I predict
this song will be everywhere this summer!