Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Music of Summer 07  (Read 14360 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Music of Summer 07
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 07:49:45 pm »

I'm working on a solution to the music player in the car situation which involves never having to drive to a job again. NPR will suffice for driving the dogs to the park and such.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Music of Summer 07
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 08:00:46 pm »

2 years ago I got one of the stereos with a dock connector. It is nice that it charges the iPod and I can control it from my regular stereo face, but the controls are really hard to use. It's like, to see what artist you're listening to you have to push Function enough times to get to the F3 menu, then press down to see the artist. Then hold down if you want it to scroll. Then press down 4 more times if you want it to go back to the song title.

But having just one cord to plug in when I get in the car is awesome. And the stereo has a thing where I can adjust the relative volume of each input. So when I put a CD in the volume lowers itself like 10 clicks from FM and when I switch to the iPod it goes up 10.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Music of Summer 07
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 08:03:20 pm »

Back on topic:  I just got the call for casting in the next Cliks video.  But it's in Toronto.  If only I had disposable income!  I'd be there in a second.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Music of Summer 07
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 08:15:22 pm »

2 years ago I got one of the stereos with a dock connector. It is nice that it charges the iPod and I can control it from my regular stereo face, but the controls are really hard to use. It's like, to see what artist you're listening to you have to push Function enough times to get to the F3 menu, then press down to see the artist. Then hold down if you want it to scroll. Then press down 4 more times if you want it to go back to the song title.

In the Audi TT, you plug your iPod in inside the glove box, and then you just use the regular deck's controls, as if each playlist was a seperate CD in the changer. I'm not sure how this works in practice, but I plan on test-driving one fairly soon.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Music of Summer 07
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 08:17:53 pm »

In the Audi TT, you plug your iPod in inside the glove box, and then you just use the regular deck's controls, as if each playlist was a seperate CD in the changer. I'm not sure how this works in practice, but I plan on test-driving one fairly soon.

They wanted to put mine in the glove box but I had it the cord come out in a "utility pocket" under the stereo. It means the white cord is visible through the window but I didn't want to have to open the glove compartment and reach way over every time I get in and out of the car.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Music of Summer 07
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 09:52:41 pm »

Mika is very definitely the sound of the fuck*ng summer over here. I can't escape the cat voiced bastard.

I love this RickRoll dude.  He is awesome.

Hear hear!
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Music of Summer 07
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 09:57:10 pm »

yeah, the radio transmitter thing I have Sucks Hardcore. I use it a lot, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Music of Summer 07
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 11:22:33 pm »

They wanted to put mine in the glove box but I had it the cord come out in a "utility pocket" under the stereo. It means the white cord is visible through the window but I didn't want to have to open the glove compartment and reach way over every time I get in and out of the car.

I said that about my iPod being on my desk right up until the day some syphillitic fuck-mouth stole it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Music of Summer 07
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 12:06:13 am »

In the Audi TT, you plug your iPod in inside the glove box, and then you just use the regular deck's controls, as if each playlist was a seperate CD in the changer. I'm not sure how this works in practice, but I plan on test-driving one fairly soon.

One of my good friends has a BMW and his has the same glovebox setup for his iPod. It's awesome.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Music of Summer 07
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 12:27:18 am »

I said that about my iPod being on my desk right up until the day some syphillitic fuck-mouth stole it.

Well I don't leave my iPod in the car. Or my radio face. Even if I weren't worried about break-ins its way too hot/cold inside the car for an iPod to be happy for most of the year.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Music of Summer 07
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 01:50:45 am »

Well I don't leave my iPod in the car. Or my radio face. Even if I weren't worried about break-ins its way too hot/cold inside the car for an iPod to be happy for most of the year.

I misunderstood your post. However, you'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't) by what some people will do. My wife came home from school or some errand not long ago (can't remember which) with a BK bag in the bed of the truck. I sort of laughed and gave her a hard time because we don't eat fast food, and reached over to take it out of the back. Turned out the bag was chock-full of used syringes - yay!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Music of Summer 07
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2007, 02:02:25 am »

I misunderstood your post. However, you'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't) by what some people will do. My wife came home from school or some errand not long ago (can't remember which) with a BK bag in the bed of the truck. I sort of laughed and gave her a hard time because we don't eat fast food, and reached over to take it out of the back. Turned out the bag was chock-full of used syringes - yay!

Oh JESUS!! I'm having full-body convulsions right now, and I wasn't even anywhere nearby. That's so fuck*ng disgusting. God, I hope you guys didn't get hurt. that's HORRIBLE.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Music of Summer 07
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2007, 05:50:12 am »

I misunderstood your post. However, you'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't) by what some people will do. My wife came home from school or some errand not long ago (can't remember which) with a BK bag in the bed of the truck. I sort of laughed and gave her a hard time because we don't eat fast food, and reached over to take it out of the back. Turned out the bag was chock-full of used syringes - yay!

I read this and thought "cue Linnea's horrified reaction."
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Music of Summer 07
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2007, 06:01:24 am »

It took me several times reading it before I realized "oh! they probably weren't his wife's!"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Music of Summer 07
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2007, 02:02:13 pm »

It took me several times reading it before I realized "oh! they probably weren't his wife's!"

Sorry about not making that clear - my wife is not a junkie.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up