Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Poll

What's on your bumper

I don't deface my car with trivia
Nothing - haven't gotten my favourite thing made into one yet
Something PG or tamer
Something obscene
Something political
All my opinions are available on the back of my ride.
Something Achewood

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Bumper stickers?  (Read 9246 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 04:06:53 am »

my car only has a "Washington University, St Louis" one. but it's one of those clear ones that goes on the window... basically you can't see it.

I have no other stickers, as it technically isn't my car. It's my parents car, which they let me drive.

I own a darwin giraffe sticker, but I don't plan on putting it on my car.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 04:28:44 am »

my car only has a "Washington University, St Louis" one. but it's one of those clear ones that goes on the window... basically you can't see it.

I have no other stickers, as it technically isn't my car. It's my parents car, which they let me drive.

I own a darwin giraffe sticker, but I don't plan on putting it on my car.

My younger sister put a Darwin giraffe on her car when she was in high school, and some Christian kids defaced it. Way to set a Christ-like example, guys.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 05:11:31 am »

We had Ralph Wiggum picking his nose on the back of the SO's truck until vandals smashed the window in.  Now it is bare.  I've never had my own bumper sticker, though I used to sneak around placing bumper stickers on friend's rear windows that said odd things just for fun.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 05:24:19 am »

I have a really really sinister urge to put some sort of Anti-SUV or offensive bumper sticker on the back of the cars of these people down the street. Their driveway is basically full of SUVs-- usually, also a Hummer.

I'm thinking small, "I'm Compensating for Something."
With super glue.

I won't do it, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

ImpyChick

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 12
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 07:02:15 am »

I have a Human Rights Campaign equality sticker on my car.

I'm too lazy to actually order one, but if someone off the street gave me one of those "Republicans for Voldemort" bumper stickers I would definitely put that on my car.  Yeah, I'm that nerdy.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 01:06:01 pm »

The Stewart/Colbert 08 stickers that started turning up a few months ago are amusing.

But the best is when you see a car that's just covered in stickers they made themselves. Before I moved I would see this one car every single day with basically a manifesto about how much the driver hated Clinton. It was especially interesting because this was in like 2002.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2007, 01:52:57 pm »

I'm a big fan of innocuous stickers. Plus, I always try to trash cars that have those annoying anti-abortion stickers on 'em.
My younger sister put a Darwin giraffe on her car when she was in high school, and some Christian kids defaced it. Way to set a Christ-like example, guys.

hrm.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2007, 04:01:03 pm »

I still have stickers for two bands I really don't care much about these days.  (Big Smith and Steve Kimock Band.)  People often think the Big Smith bumper sticker is something obscene, so maybe that's a #4.  My falling apart Kansas City Royals window decal was recently replaced by a Green Bay Packers "G" I acquired last time I was up in Wisconsin. 

Also, the "M" in my CAMRY badging fell off again, and when I tried to Gorilla Glue it back on I forgot it was still drying and accidentally closed the trunk.  The M then fell off and landed on my bumper where I didn't discover it until the next day, at which point the glue was dry.  So I guess that "M" is kind of a bumper sticker. 
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 06:13:27 pm »

hrm.

I know, dude. But it's not hypocritical because I have such seething hatred for those evil stupid idiot fucks. I'm not trying to set a Christ-like example for these extremist assholes who try to hide the likes of James Kopp or Eric Rudolph. You wanna talk about American terr'ists, look at them.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2007, 06:21:24 pm »

I saw a bumper sticker that maybe I ought to have that says Warning: driver is singing.

Also, people, don't cover the whole back of your car with stickers. It's a safety hazard, I shouldn't be driving and trying to read at the same time.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2007, 06:37:18 pm »

It is not a goddamned phone restaurant!

For some reason I started collecting Happy Bunny stickers, with the intent of stealthily defacing the bumper stickers of the cranially challenged.  I keep them in my glove compartment.

A few weeks ago, I saw some douchebag in a gigantic pickup truck with a sticker that read "I Would Be Embarrassed To Be a Democrat."  Now, let's face it, sometimes I AM embarrassed to be a registered Democrat, especially lately.  But I still felt like this guy could use this Happy Bunny sticker.

I followed him for a few blocks, but then I thought better of the whole thing.  Either that or I chickened out.

Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2007, 07:11:48 pm »

It is not a goddamned phone restaurant!

Heh, I love the Pat-isms. He's such an asshole. Which is why we <3 him.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2007, 07:42:50 pm »

I know, dude. But it's not hypocritical because I have such seething hatred for those evil stupid idiot fucks. I'm not trying to set a Christ-like example for these extremist assholes who try to hide the likes of James Kopp or Eric Rudolph. You wanna talk about American terr'ists, look at them.

I pretty much figured that. It ain't right for folks to call themselves Christian and then still be fuckers like I am.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2007, 01:36:06 am »

I know, dude. But it's not hypocritical because I have such seething hatred for those evil stupid idiot fucks. I'm not trying to set a Christ-like example for these extremist assholes who try to hide the likes of James Kopp or Eric Rudolph. You wanna talk about American terr'ists, look at them.

What kind of stickers inspired you to trash cars?

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2007, 02:53:45 am »

What kind of stickers inspired you to trash cars?

It's not like I was throwing Molotov cocktails into their windows, people. If you put stickers on your car like that, you have turned your personal property into a public forum for debate. We have all heard this issue debated ad nauseum. I'm not going into it. 
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up