Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Poll

What's on your bumper

I don't deface my car with trivia
Nothing - haven't gotten my favourite thing made into one yet
Something PG or tamer
Something obscene
Something political
All my opinions are available on the back of my ride.
Something Achewood

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Bumper stickers?  (Read 9273 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2007, 02:54:05 am »

What kind of stickers inspired you to trash cars?

I don't know about Somebody nice, but this works for me every time.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2007, 03:46:10 am »

Quote
If you put stickers on your car like that, you have turned your personal property into a public forum for debate.

So, like, if I wore an obnoxious anti-choice shirt, you would such as smear hunt's ketchup on it?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2007, 03:58:03 am »

So, like, if I wore an obnoxious anti-choice shirt, you would such as smear hunt's ketchup on it?
[/quote

It's more than a Hunt's move to encourage fugs like Kopp and Rudolph.

Anyway, if you were wearing an ICP shirt then that would most definitely require a liberal application of Hunt's.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2007, 05:17:52 am »

I dunno about that. I have a high level of respect for anti-abortion people, on some weird level. I mean, if I agreed with them, I'd probably be pretty intense about it too. Like, if you think that a fetus is the same as a living baby... then it is baby-murdering that is going on. Which means, you know, that it's pretty unassailable, morally, to be pretty intense about hating people who are killing babies.

Not that I agree with them. I just... understand their thought process.

But, I mean... defacing people's cars? I don't know. I don't agree with that kind of shit from either side of an argument.

Also, wtf does liking ICP have to do with things? They are lame. (unless ICP stands for something I am not aware of?)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2007, 05:22:11 am »

But, I mean... defacing people's cars? I don't know. I don't agree with that kind of shit from either side of an argument.

Agreed. I mean, I have a high level of respect for linnea on this board, but...that's people's personal property and they have a right to express their views without getting their shit vandalized.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2007, 05:23:37 am »

to clarify:

I really have no idea what I think about abortion. my gut instinct is that it should be allowed. this is my stated belief on the topic.

but as complex of an issue as it is, I basically get pissed off by both sides. it is complex, and both sides over-simplify it, intellectually/morally belittle the other side, etc.

don't hate me, por favor.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2007, 05:43:48 am »

Also, wtf does liking ICP have to do with things? They are lame. (unless ICP stands for something I am not aware of?)


I don't know about Somebody nice, but this works for me every time.


But yeah, I agree with inev completely.  Well, I am pretty sure that abortion should be legal, but the other things.


Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2007, 05:46:04 am »

Let's keep the abortion out of our nice little thread about bumper stickers.  Please?

As far as the whole "defacing" thing goes: if you put an obnoxious statement on your car, one that you know will piss people off, then AFAIC you can't be surprised when someone actually gets pissed off and makes a statement right back to you. 

If that statement is smashing your windshield or sugaring your gas tank, that's wrong.

If that statement is putting an easily removed bumper sticker of your own next to the original, that's still wrong, but it's a tiny little wrong. 
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2007, 12:25:38 pm »

Let's keep the abortion out of our nice little thread about bumper stickers.  Please?


Yes, please do not go there.

I am kind of amused at the idea of putting contradictory stickers on people's cars. But it it easy for me to say since I can't imagine that anyone is going to want to contradict my pug sticker with a poodle sticker.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2007, 02:20:12 pm »

If that statement is putting an easily removed bumper sticker of your own next to the original, that's still wrong, but it's a tiny little wrong. 

Is that the kind of vandalism we're talking about? Agreed, that's not that big of a deal, that's more like discourse than vandalism.

I was also concerned with linnea equating all anti-abortion people with the kind of assholes who hide mass murderers like Kopp.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2007, 02:57:18 pm »

We all understand there are incindiary statements that you can make just to rile others up. We also understand that they work, and people get riled up, and you shouldn't be surprised when people want to raise a pop-knot on your head. Shall we move on, has this been sufficiently derailed with the life/choice bullshit that it needs to be locked?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2007, 05:26:59 pm »

I don't think it needs to be locked.  I don't think we've fully explored the universe of sticker-y goodness out there. 

Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2007, 05:37:25 pm »

My friend pinstriped a car.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2007, 06:40:04 pm »

During the Subway World Series, I angrily ripped a Yankees flag off someone's car in one of my college's parking garages.

In my defense, I was profoundly blindingly drunk. I woke up with a huge bruise on my hand where I snapped the plastic flagpole off and found that I had scrawled on the flag in thick black marker:

"JETER CHUGZ COX".

Again, blindingly drunk. I convinced myself that doing shot after shot of 151 rum would help my team and it sorta went downhill from there.

I have spent much of the last few years stopping myself from getting a bunch of bumper stickers that say "By Bringing Them Home" printed up and just... keeping them on me to put under those "support our troops" bumper stickers when I see them.

But I'm basically too much of a coward if not blindingly drunk.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Bumper stickers?
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2007, 07:54:44 pm »

Again, blindingly drunk. I convinced myself that doing shot after shot of 151 rum would help my team and it sorta went downhill from there.

So you're telling me that getting plowed during my team's games is not helping them win? Sorry, Marty - all that might have been my fault.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up