Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Go sit on a fig! 7/6/07  (Read 7422 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Go sit on a fig! 7/6/07
« on: July 06, 2007, 04:58:41 am »

egh. Nothing special. Normally I dig these, but... this one had nothing.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07062007
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 05:22:30 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Go sit on a fig! 7/6/07
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 05:04:59 am »

Hey, kid, where the link?  I me whas-sa-matta fuh you?  Seriously, fig you inev.  WTF?

Also, I love how cute and furious the otter looks holding his sign.

Also, Onstad seems to want us to buy his products.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 05:16:06 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Go sit on a fig! 7/6/07
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 05:13:14 am »

Yes, Daddy's bank account is low so he trots out the cute otter to prod the minions into coughing something into the coffers, I guess?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Go sit on a fig! 7/6/07
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 05:46:48 am »

I sense today was a bad week at Chez Onstad. Maybe I'll buy a shirt as a thank-you for that Comic Sans strip.

Anyway, is the middle "FREDERICK IS CRAPPY!" panel hilarious to anyone else? I love the idea of "crappy" as a word you'll surely regret later.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Go sit on a fig! 7/6/07
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 05:56:14 am »

Hmmm.  I think when I get home I'll dig out the ol' credit card and buy that "What We Need More Of Is Science" shirt that I've been meaning to buy since I started reading Achewood.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Go sit on a fig! 7/6/07
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 06:43:40 am »

Hmmm.  I think when I get home I'll dig out the ol' credit card and buy that "What We Need More Of Is Science" shirt that I've been meaning to buy since I started reading Achewood.

Don't encourage him, otherwise he'll pull more Fig You Fridays to make more money.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Go sit on a fig! 7/6/07
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 07:15:54 am »

Oh man, English addresses. English addresses. Man. Those are some crazy things. English addresses.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Go sit on a fig! 7/6/07
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 12:05:07 pm »

I normally don't go in for these at all but this one got me chuckling.
Come on people, Creamharrow.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Go sit on a fig! 7/6/07
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 12:50:08 pm »

I LOVE Friday Facts!

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Go sit on a fig! 7/6/07
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 12:52:32 pm »

Meanwhile in the US: five figure house numbers.

Curtail your damn streets, people!


What's infuriating is five figure house numbers on streets which do not have anywhere near 1,0000 houses! What do they need such big numbers for!  Start at ONE, people!

OK, I have a four figure house number on a street which is only maybe six blocks long and does not have 1000 houses, much less the 8,000 that my block numbers imply. But that's different. Four figures is respectable.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Go sit on a fig! 7/6/07
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 12:59:16 pm »

What's infuriating is five figure house numbers on streets which do not have anywhere near 1,0000 houses! What do they need such big numbers for!  Start at ONE, people!

Or TWO if you're on the even side of the street. Think of the madness if the numbers just went up in order. Chaos. CHAOS.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Go sit on a fig! 7/6/07
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 02:17:29 pm »

Oh man, English addresses. English addresses. Man. Those are some crazy things. English addresses.

I'm moving to Twine Ailment.  It is my destiny.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: Go sit on a fig! 7/6/07
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 02:39:09 pm »

What's infuriating is five figure house numbers on streets which do not have anywhere near 1,0000 houses! What do they need such big numbers for!  Start at ONE, people!

You people are all wrong.  Having the upper digits of the street number correspond with the number of the crossing street means you have extra information about the location of the address encoded within the address itself.  "11907 Lamar Ave." is going to be near 119th and Lamar.  It's an awesome system and I won't sit idly by while it is disparaged. 
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Go sit on a fig! 7/6/07
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 02:44:34 pm »

You people are all wrong.  Having the upper digits of the street number correspond with the number of the crossing street means you have extra information about the location of the address encoded within the address itself.  "11907 Lamar Ave." is going to be near 119th and Lamar.  It's an awesome system and I won't sit idly by while it is disparaged. 

I agree, but I think Wombat meant out in the exurbs where there aren't really cross streets and they definitely aren't numbered. I know planned communities seem to just pull house numbers out of a hat.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: Go sit on a fig! 7/6/07
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 03:21:53 pm »

I agree, but I think Wombat meant out in the exurbs where there aren't really cross streets and they definitely aren't numbered. I know planned communities seem to just pull house numbers out of a hat.

Though I will admit that the system breaks down around here.  In eastern Kansas our east-west streets increase in number as you go south.  The very low numbers are up near the river in Kansas City, KS, and increase to the mid 100s in the southern suburbs.  I just checked on Google Maps, and that numbering scheme continues through 399th St., which is about halfway to the Oklahoma border.  I think at some point you need to admit that you're no longer in the KC metro area and come up with your own numbering scheme. 
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up