Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wow...  (Read 5686 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Wow...
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2003, 11:25:37 am »

Logged
goose means greedy

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Wow...
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2003, 01:19:49 pm »

But wasn't the "Breakfast of Champions" movie a disapointment to y'all?  I found that both that and "Slaughterhouse Five" were nowhere near as enjoyable as the books.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Wow...
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2003, 01:45:07 pm »

I haven't seen any of the Vonnegut movies. I TiVo'd Breakfast but never watched it. I meant to rent Mother Night while I worked at the video store but never got around to it. I don't think I even knew SV had a movie made.

I know there's been much talk of Sirens of Titan, especially after Jerry Garcia died (for some reason he bought the rights).
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Wow...
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2003, 01:58:07 pm »

I thought Breakfast of Champions was OK.  Bruce Willis was surprisingly good.  I just have my doubts as to how adaptible Breakfast was to film.  

Slaughterhouse was a good movie.  It was amazingly faithful to the book and I thought the guy who played Billy Pilgrim was very well cast.

It's been a long time since I saw Mother Night and I don't remember much about it (which, I suppose, is a comment in itself).  Such a dark, dark book.

Cat's Cradle could be a cool movie, though.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pubdoggy

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 89
  • R. Smuckles publicity shot c. 2002
    • View Profile
    • Simon Whitehead Photography
Wow...
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2003, 02:31:00 pm »

Hey hey hey - here's some cross-thread shenanigans for y'all. The 17/10 stript concerns the Bubble Boy - and who played Bubble Boy in the recent film? Jake Gyllenhaal aka Donnie Darko.

Yes.

Now tell me Onstad isn't here somewhere.

Go on.
Logged
Satori must be something just the same...

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Wow...
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2003, 07:39:50 pm »

I remember my bestfriend and I coming out of the movie theatre after seeing Bubble Boy... We were both silent....it was very awkward...then in a mad gush we both admitted that we had actually like it a lot and found it really funny.  Both of us were too embarased to admit we had actually liked the move outload for fear of the fierce mockery of the other.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Wow...
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2003, 08:48:10 pm »

You liked Bubble Boy?

*chortle*

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Wow...
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2003, 09:49:26 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
As to redeem myself:

http://movies.hsx.com/servlet/SecurityDetail?symbol=CATCR


Doh. I'd only checked up on his next Directorial project... Sorry!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Wow...
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2003, 12:30:37 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
You liked Bubble Boy?

*chortle*


Yes.  This is the cross I must bare.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up