Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lego Desk  (Read 4653 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Lego Desk
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 07:59:59 pm »

Oh!  Nibbled lego!  Oh! Poopy lego!  Nooooo!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Lego Desk
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 09:58:54 pm »

Me and my brothers once spent a summer (and all our money) constructing an almost perfect life size replica of my youngest brother (he was little at the time thankfully).

In a fit of rage, it was pushed down the stairs and it was not glued. It smashed into six pieces: head, arms, legs and torso. In the stupid way young teenagers do, I told my brother this is what would happen to him if he fell down the stairs, and it took him about a month before he would navigate the stairs without someone carrying him down.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Lego Desk
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 11:18:01 pm »

Me and my brothers once spent a summer (and all our money) constructing an almost perfect life size replica of my youngest brother (he was little at the time thankfully).

In a fit of rage, it was pushed down the stairs and it was not glued. It smashed into six pieces: head, arms, legs and torso. In the stupid way young teenagers do, I told my brother this is what would happen to him if he fell down the stairs, and it took him about a month before he would navigate the stairs without someone carrying him down.

Heartwarming story, Judy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Lego Desk
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 11:31:14 pm »

Me and my brothers once spent a summer (and all our money) constructing an almost perfect life size replica of my youngest brother (he was little at the time thankfully).

In a fit of rage, it was pushed down the stairs and it was not glued. It smashed into six pieces: head, arms, legs and torso. In the stupid way young teenagers do, I told my brother this is what would happen to him if he fell down the stairs, and it took him about a month before he would navigate the stairs without someone carrying him down.

Horrifying AND hilarious. I'm not sure if I want to take away or give a tiny can.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Lego Desk
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 11:39:11 pm »

I have a little White-Stripes lego man that I made in 9th grade. He is cool, and has fallen several times... I would say that his shape has probably changed some over the years.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Lego Desk
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 11:42:15 pm »

I have a little White-Stripes lego man that I made in 9th grade. He is cool, and has fallen several times... I would say that his shape has probably changed some over the years.

I used to have a big Lego train set from the early 70s that my folks bought me when we were living in Japan. That would be pretty cool to have now.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Lego Desk
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 11:56:21 pm »

I have a cardboard box full of Legos, the product of countless accumulated basic sets. My wife tried to take it to school one day for her students to play with... I refused.

You can custom order specific Legos now. If that had been available when I was younger, I could've made something of my life.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Lego Desk
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 01:34:33 am »

Cardboard boxes of Legos are associated with the strong odour of cat pee in my world.  I can't fathom why the feline mind would find that environment relaxing, but there you go.

I also used to build environments for my mice out of Lego.  On further reflection, that might explain the cats' interest in them.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Lego Desk
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 02:13:30 am »

Ahhh, Legos. Judy, that story is hilarious. It's sad what kids believe, and even sadder what other kids will tell them.

I don't have any rodent/Legos stories. However, I just realized that Lennybruce knows what "you're gonna get CUDDLED!" means, because he runs away whenever I angle in to scoop him up for cuddles. I can't pick up Milan because he has a bad back, so Lenny has to  pay most of the kittyrent.

Sorry, cat tangent. I do that a lot. Anyway, LEGOS!
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Lego Desk
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 05:04:05 am »

Cardboard boxes of Legos are associated with the strong odour of cat pee in my world.  I can't fathom why the feline mind would find that environment relaxing, but there you go.

That happened to me as well.  I don't know why, but at least three of our four cats peed in my legos at some point during my childhood.  The ones we had later never did.

I still have those Legos.  AND if I want to I can go buy legos and pay for them by the pound at Legoland.  Unfortunately I live in an apartment and I no longer have a spare dining room table to build on.  It's a shame -- I have epic plans.  Someday I will dig up the pictures of my last installation that got dismantled in college.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Lego Desk
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2007, 03:35:06 pm »

Quote
Oh!  Nibbled lego!  Oh! Poopy lego!

every time I read this, it makes me happy in some weird way.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Lego Desk
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2007, 03:37:01 pm »

every time I read this, it makes me happy in some weird way.

Thank you.  I was thinking of Phillipe when I wrote that.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up