Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?  (Read 31200 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2009, 08:27:55 pm »

To be completely honest, the only thing I know about Samarkand is that it was one of the places George Bailey had wanted to go.

Just to lay it out there.

(And no, of course I don't think the guy should die because he's worthless, I think the guy should have lived because he was worthwhile. Because everyone is.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2009, 08:41:27 pm »

To be completely honest, the only thing I know about Samarkand is that it was one of the places George Bailey had wanted to go.

I guess cause he had to barf:



(purchased in Samarkand, 2003)
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2009, 08:50:53 pm »

That is beautiful.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2009, 09:13:41 pm »

Barf means snow.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2009, 09:16:49 pm »

(And no, of course I don't think the guy should die because he's worthless, I think the guy should have lived because he was worthwhile. Because everyone is.)

But he's already wasted his entire life, there's nothing left for him to do now, but eat a bullet.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2009, 11:11:05 pm »

Brasília is hell of interesting.  they just built a giant city in the middle of nowhere.  also, apparently the parking is convenient.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2009, 01:44:38 am »

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28098
I have been to some seriously fucked-up McDonalds, like this one.  The most frustrating one was in Albuquerque, that could seemingly never get its employee mix right.  I remember one time when there were like six people cleaning, and only one register open with a huge line.  And another time when ALL the registers were open, and so many people ordering and waiting... and no food coming over the counter for about ten minutes.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2009, 08:21:44 pm »

Quote
And this is why there is no hope for America. Because the debate is dominated by leftwingers who think everyone on the other side is like that. and rightwingers who think everyone on the other side is a fascist communist who loves to kill babies.

See, sure. Sure.

But here's the difference. Nobody I have ever met was a communist, or a fascist, or enjoyed killing babies. Maybe LFM, but no one in real life.
I have, though, I have met people who thought the n*****s are getting too uppity, and guys who were afraid to come out because they knew their friends would beat the shit out of them.
Gay people actually do get murdered. That's the difference. There are not any communists driving around the country murdering babies.
We have different opinions about when life begins, and you want to compare abortion clinics to Auschwitz? OK. I understand how if you think that unborn fetuses are people, that comparison completely makes sense. I get mad at people who pretend the abortion debate is simple.
But like, the KKK exists. This isn't like "oh, it's a difference of opinion, some people think they exist." There are social conservatives who advocate murdering gay/black/jewish people.
That's the difference there. One side is imagining things that do not exist. Sure, there are abortion clinics. They have mission plans that are like, provide options to women. No one is saying "i opened this clinic to undermine the fabric of american society and murder babies." There are groups in america whose avowed purpose is "murder and intimidate non-whites."

Sure, call me condescending.
I have always been struck by the fact that, despite my urges to say oh you know, we're just coming at the problem from different backgrounds, it's rough, we should try to get along...
despite that, the radicals on one side think that we should like, you know, share things with each other more, and maybe that's a bad idea economically. maybe if we did that it would be stupid. maybe those people are kind of dicks about how they drive hybrids and only eat lettuce that has been pre-digested by a cow. Those people are pretty annoying. Probably some of them are willing to cross the line into legislating lifestyle, and saying you shouldn't be allowed to eat meat. Yeah, that's pretty shitty.
But the radicals on the other side either want to, or actually do, murder and assault people. They find other people's lifestyles so abhorrent that they are willing to murder them.

I'm not saying it's all of them, or even most of them. But come on. Stop pretending there isn't a difference there.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2009, 08:53:11 pm »

Yes, please, who are these radical democrats murdering people because of their lifestyles.

I am completely aware of excesses of liberal radicalism historically, but I feel like a bigger issue in the US right now are liberals who are wimpy-wimp-wimps. I can think of maybe half a dozen violent liberal groups, and they are all not-so-recent.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2009, 10:48:26 pm »

See, sure. Sure.

But here's the difference. Nobody I have ever met was a communist, or a fascist, or enjoyed killing babies. Maybe LFM, but no one in real life.
I have, though, I have met people who thought the n*****s are getting too uppity, and guys who were afraid to come out because they knew their friends would beat the shit out of them.
Gay people actually do get murdered. That's the difference. There are not any communists driving around the country murdering babies.
We have different opinions about when life begins, and you want to compare abortion clinics to Auschwitz? OK. I understand how if you think that unborn fetuses are people, that comparison completely makes sense. I get mad at people who pretend the abortion debate is simple.
But like, the KKK exists. This isn't like "oh, it's a difference of opinion, some people think they exist." There are social conservatives who advocate murdering gay/black/jewish people.
That's the difference there. One side is imagining things that do not exist. Sure, there are abortion clinics. They have mission plans that are like, provide options to women. No one is saying "i opened this clinic to undermine the fabric of american society and murder babies." There are groups in america whose avowed purpose is "murder and intimidate non-whites."

Sure, call me condescending.
I have always been struck by the fact that, despite my urges to say oh you know, we're just coming at the problem from different backgrounds, it's rough, we should try to get along...
despite that, the radicals on one side think that we should like, you know, share things with each other more, and maybe that's a bad idea economically. maybe if we did that it would be stupid. maybe those people are kind of dicks about how they drive hybrids and only eat lettuce that has been pre-digested by a cow. Those people are pretty annoying. Probably some of them are willing to cross the line into legislating lifestyle, and saying you shouldn't be allowed to eat meat. Yeah, that's pretty shitty.
But the radicals on the other side either want to, or actually do, murder and assault people. They find other people's lifestyles so abhorrent that they are willing to murder them.

I'm not saying it's all of them, or even most of them. But come on. Stop pretending there isn't a difference there.

You sure write a lot for someone with a small, simple point.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2009, 10:52:34 pm »

Quote
You sure write a lot for someone with a small, simple point.
I normally get accused of the opposite thing and told that I did not sufficiently explain myself.

Ash-- The difference is that the lives of meat eaters are not changed at all by the existence of that guy. I eat meat all the time and am not scared to go to certain areas of the united states.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2009, 12:07:16 am »

The lives of meat eaters may not be changed by the existence of animal rights extremists, but the lives of everyone who works with lab animals is affected by it.  Here's just the first article that was easy to find.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/04/22/animal.activists.ucla/
Quote
LOS ANGELES, California -- On Earth Day on Wednesday, Dr. David Jentsch marched at the head of a column of UCLA students and faculty members to the chant of, "Stand up for science!" Across the street a smaller but equally vocal group of animal rights advocates chanted, "U-C-L-A, how many animals have you killed today!"

 Until recently, Jentsch had never dreamed he would lead a political demonstration. But Jentsch's life took a sharp turn last month when his car was firebombed in his driveway. A radical group of animal rights activists claimed responsibility for the act.

"This is terror," Jentsch said. "There is no two ways about it. It's extremism. It's an attempt to intimidate."

It was the latest in a string of arson attacks against UCLA researchers who use animals in medical research projects. Since 2006, there have been seven attacks aimed at researcher's homes or cars. No arrests have been made in the cases, which are being investigated by an FBI lead task force on terrorism.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2009, 12:20:25 am »

i love animals, but human lives are more valuable. 
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 am »

Yeah, most of the leftist bombings I have been aware of since the 60s were like, hey, janitors get out of here, we are making a point.

That is a little different than blowing people up and purposely killing doctors, no?

Also, everyone forget the murrah bombing?  Maybe it is cause I am from Oklahoma, but I mean, come on. 

Did we have our extra dose of smarm today?

Not that I can tell.  Did we have our dose of ad hominem attacks today?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 06:01:51 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2009, 05:42:48 am »

I saw that keith had posted here, and I thought,
"oh, keith, he knows about History and Things, I will be glad to read his post"
and then I did, and I did feel glad, and it was good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Up