Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?  (Read 31232 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2009, 06:12:36 am »

The lives of meat eaters may not be changed by the existence of animal rights extremists, but the lives of everyone who works with lab animals is affected by it.  Here's just the first article that was easy to find.

Was going to say this, I've worked with people who had to close down their lab basically out of fear for their lives because of the actions of animal rights activists (this was in the UK for what it's worth so don't think you guys have the monopoly on crazy or anything). Of course there are stem cell researchers these days in the same position. So I'm agreeing with Ash that these two groups have the same sickness that is just manifesting in two different ways.

That said I also agree with Inev that, at this moment in time, in western civilisation, it's the right wing crazies that are most ready to threaten violence against those who disagree with them.
Actually I'll amend that slightly: mainstream social conservatives seem much happier to embrace their more violent extremists than mainstream liberals are and really that's a bigger problem. There will always be crazy people, it's the actions of the sane people towards them that is important and at the moment social conservatives have decided they need the people who think killing abortionists is a good idea to make up numbers.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #121 on: September 19, 2009, 08:16:12 am »

Actually I'll amend that slightly: mainstream social conservatives seem much happier to embrace their more violent extremists than mainstream liberals are and really that's a bigger problem. There will always be crazy people, it's the actions of the sane people towards them that is important and at the moment social conservatives have decided they need the people who think killing abortionists is a good idea to make up numbers.

Quoted and canned for truth. I have met genuine violent-revolution type anarchists and socialists, and some of them have later been arrested for their violent crimes, but nobody in politics has decided they need to cater to the violently radical elements of the left and you don't have huge media outlets trying to say that their crimes were for the best even if they were technically premeditated murder. (As a bonus, at the same time the right wing is in the habit of trying to portray center-moderate policies like say a public option for health care or basic corporate oversight as left-wing communist extremism, and yells this lie loudly enough and often enough that people start believing it.)

Tangentially, archaeology is another field where you have violent action that would be classified as far-left; there are people who will, on the perceived behalf of the indigenous cultures being excavated, threaten and violently disrupt archaeological activity. I'm not talking about representatives of a given nation trying to get their sites protected (which is, in my opinion, a justifiable concern), but rather people acting supposedly on behalf of other or unknown societies being excavated to the point of threatened physical violence.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #122 on: September 19, 2009, 02:07:31 pm »

Look man.  It'd be better for the both of us if you just fuck*ng left that neolithic pottery alone.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2009, 07:11:05 pm »

Look man.  It'd be better for the both of us if you just fuck*ng left that neolithic pottery alone.

Anyone caught handling shards of pottery will be ... ostracized.


linguists, historians and classics majors will snicker and no one else will get it
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2009, 09:12:16 am »

*sigh*

I get really mad at animal rights vegans. I had a page-long rant about it, but I deleted it because it served no purpose other than to make me feel good. The short version: animal rights activists are morally bad.

Also I just came up with a joke where a couple won't go down on each other, and the punchline is that they're vegans.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 09:26:20 am by Toaster »
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2009, 11:30:26 am »

Don't be hating on vegans.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2009, 02:06:50 pm »

Anyone caught handling shards of pottery will be ... ostracized.
linguists, historians and classics majors will snicker and no one else will get it

in case you aren't and want to (see origin)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2009, 02:52:20 pm »

*sigh*

I get really mad at animal rights vegans. I had a page-long rant about it, but I deleted it because it served no purpose other than to make me feel good. The short version: animal rights activists are morally bad.

Also I just came up with a joke where a couple won't go down on each other, and the punchline is that they're vegans.

It's ok.  I can say with some certainty that animal-rights vegans hate you even more.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #128 on: September 22, 2009, 03:15:21 pm »

My ex-girlfriend underwent a most horrid transformation in front of my very eyes. One day she quit eating anything that had a face, and from then on, lunch meant... squash/aubergine sandwiches, soups made from roots, and antagonistic japanese mushrooms. I don't mean to be a smartass, she cooked some stuff that was actually good (albeit always in the bland side of good), but I have to say that the concept of a squash sandwich to this day makes me confused and angry (also hungry, because I'm not eating that).
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2009, 03:39:45 pm »

My ex-girlfriend underwent a most horrid transformation in front of my very eyes. One day she quit eating anything that had a face, and from then on, lunch meant... squash/aubergine sandwiches, soups made from roots, and antagonistic japanese mushrooms. I don't mean to be a smartass, she cooked some stuff that was actually good (albeit always in the bland side of good), but I have to say that the concept of a squash sandwich to this day makes me confused and angry (also hungry, because I'm not eating that).

putting a vegetable(by itself) in between 2 items that are made from a plant is on the opposite end of the food spectrum from:

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2009, 04:22:23 pm »

putting a vegetable(by itself) in between 2 items that are made from a plant is on the opposite end of the food spectrum from:
Yes, yes it is.  That looks Atkins Approved™.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2009, 05:55:58 pm »

putting a vegetable(by itself) in between 2 items that are made from a plant is on the opposite end of the food spectrum from:

That image is blocked for me.  You're not posting porn, are you?  Some sort of man-woman-man sandwich?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2009, 06:01:44 pm »

I think it's several layers of that gross new KFC "sandwich"
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2009, 10:08:59 pm »

my roommate keeps cooking this thing that is Spaghetti Squash. Spaghetti doesn't come from squash, dude, it comes from wheat and stuff. Stop feeding me weird squash fibers and saying it's spaghetti.

although I guess it was good for my stomach to take a break from another day of:
take a meat
add really heavily spiced sauce, and lots of oil
put on rice.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2009, 10:21:40 pm »

although I guess it was good for my stomach to take a break from another day of:
take a meat
add really heavily spiced sauce, and lots of oil
put on rice.

Hmm, that sounds really good.  I'll have to whip some of that up for dinner.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Up