Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?  (Read 31188 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2011, 05:33:49 pm »

You can wash them inside-out, and yes, hanging things in the sun can have a bleaching effect on some dyes (and is also a great way to get some kinds of stains out of t-shirts), so hanging them inside-out couldn't hurt.

Inev, wear your jeans more between washings (wait until they are noticeably dirty/stinky) and then don't dry them all the way in the dryer. Take them out when they're still slightly damp and hang them over the shower rod and let them finish that way.

You can also take a new, cheap shaving razor and "shave" the fabric to remove the fuzz. This works with pilled sweaters (particularly wool) as well. It takes forever, but it might get you a few more months out of the clothes.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2011, 05:40:10 pm »

I am definitely washing them too much. I never realized how often I spill things on myself until I had these jeans... I guess because of the color?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2011, 07:03:12 pm »

WAIT a minute. Jeans are SUPPOSED to wear out!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2011, 07:57:13 pm »

I wear my jeans until they fall apart. I do not want my favorite pair of jeans to fall apart too fast. Why is that a problem. I have had them since January and they are already showing signs of wear.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2011, 08:32:55 pm »

Maybe those pipe-cleaner legs on the trousers just strain the seams and wear faster.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #185 on: May 26, 2011, 08:52:36 pm »

My jeans rarely wear out because I've changed sizes so many times in the last ten years that they don't fit long enough to fall to pieces. I've been everything between an 8 and a 14 plus maternity sizes, it's kind of ridiculous.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #186 on: May 26, 2011, 08:55:24 pm »

Here, let me help you out here...you just need to recalibrate the way you're seeing this. Instead of feeling bad about how they're wearing out and no longer have that great look they had when you first pulled them on, enjoy the signs of wear, the stains, the changing in tone, tint and texture. Remember the good times you had with those bad boys, dawdle in memory over the events that led up to a riff or a blemish. Those are your fine #####, dude, savour the times you're having together.

This! See, this is the thing about jeans. They aren't like other clothes. They're like dogs. Or even people. They are different at all ages, but all ages are good.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #187 on: May 26, 2011, 08:56:58 pm »

Y'know, that's a really good point to bring up. Most all of my jeans are designed to leave me enough room to move my junk out of the way so I don't bash myself to jelly on a saddle or pinch something off while trying to squat around a job.

I may be talking oranges to hossapples here.

AFAIK, dudes that wear lady-jeans have comfort issues because theyre made for folks with internal plumbing.  i think skinny jeans that are made for dudes have junk-space cut into them.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #188 on: May 26, 2011, 09:15:40 pm »

I wear my jeans until they fall apart. I do not want my favorite pair of jeans to fall apart too fast. Why is that a problem. I have had them since January and they are already showing signs of wear.

Maybe they were just made shitty.  Sometimes it happens.

AFAIK, dudes that wear lady-jeans have comfort issues because theyre made for folks with internal plumbing.  i think skinny jeans that are made for dudes have junk-space cut into them.

Made me think of this.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #189 on: May 26, 2011, 09:30:02 pm »

that video is hella funny.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #190 on: May 26, 2011, 11:34:15 pm »

I feel for inev here. Another pair of your favorite jeans isn't always like that pair of your favorite jeans.* I just lost a pair this last time home - now I'll be wearing them for all that Ash-type stuff. Which is fine, but I have lots of pairs of jeans for that.

*From discussions with my wife, I know that this happens to her a lot more than it happens to me. I think we've discussed this here before.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #191 on: May 27, 2011, 12:06:34 am »

I think, really, what makes them my favorite ##### is that they are my only non-blue #####. And they look great with my only non-sneaker shoes.

...so, today I bought a pair of white jeans. Who knows where this will go.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #192 on: May 27, 2011, 12:11:57 am »

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.


Seriously, where . . . why . . . never mind. Is this what happens when you're wife isn't around to keep an eye on you?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #193 on: May 27, 2011, 12:13:23 am »

Was that...porn?

I guess it's like cake-sitting for neat freaks.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Liebot, what is the saddest thing?
« Reply #194 on: May 27, 2011, 12:55:45 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up