Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone  (Read 11302 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2007, 05:29:52 am »

It's been a damn long time since i've read this thread...but YOU GOT A FREE fuck*ng iPHONE?? What the hell? How did you swing that??

He won a contest.  I was (almost) there.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2007, 05:32:43 am »

He won a contest.  I was (almost) there.
Didn't he wrestle a grizzly bear to exhaustion? I heard that was the contest.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2007, 07:20:24 am »

I heard he won the contest by taming the mighty Mississippi.

Also: I periodically don't answer cellphone calls because I am reinforcing the idea that this device is for my convenience.  Most of my family understands this by now.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2007, 08:19:54 am »

damn, maybe it's just because I am basically a needy person, but I have only consciously rejected 2 or so phone calls in my life. Unless I am busy, I always want to talk to people.

In fact, I am probably the person whose phone calls are being turned down. Sorry!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: What It Feels Like to Own an iPhone
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2007, 12:49:49 pm »

Linnea: I won it due entirely to charm.

And yeah, I was filling out the paperwork when August called to let me know he was in town.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up