Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The problem with hangovers...  (Read 7159 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 02:17:11 am »

This product: http://www.nohangonline.com/ works like magic, you just have to take it during the drinking and not after the damage has been done. I dont know what it is or how it works, but i swear by it.

Where do you buy it? It says that it contains "beefsteak plant". Do they have it at gas stations? They say they have a "free" trial pack for $5. Five dollars! That's a lot of dang money. I wonder how it works. Also, I'm not sure how old you are, but you probably have the advantage of youth on your side. I'd like to give it a try if you think that it works.

Quote from: some bodybuilding site since the nohang site didn't show ingredients
Proprietary Blend: 840mg
-Chinese giant hyssop (Perilla frutescenes) (leaf)
-Beefsteak plant (Agastache rugosa) (leaf)
-Taurine

Other Ingredients:
Microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide, gelatin, water.

Directions: Adults age 21 and over, take 2 capsules before you start drinking or with your first couple of drinks.

Warnings: Do not exceed two capsules per 24 hour period. do not take this product without first consulting a health professional if you have a serious medical condition or are taking any prescription medications. this product is not intended for women that are pregnant or nursing a baby. this product is not intended for personunder the age of 18. keep out of the reach of children.

Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 02:35:44 am »

Quote
Warnings: ...this product is not intended for women that are pregnant or nursing a baby.

So what, pregnant women just have to suffer through their hangovers?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 02:40:14 am »

I shaved my dog today. A sack full of hair o' the dog to whoever wants it.

Edit: might be a little wet from the rain.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 04:04:08 am »

I would be very interested in seeing how much money you could get from that on eBay.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 11:37:20 am »

Where do you buy it? It says that it contains "beefsteak plant". Do they have it at gas stations? They say they have a "free" trial pack for $5. Five dollars! That's a lot of dang money. I wonder how it works. Also, I'm not sure how old you are, but you probably have the advantage of youth on your side. I'd like to give it a try if you think that it works.



yea, the workings of the ingredient mix remain a mystery to me. They sell it at "Vitamin Shoppe" or through that website. You might have to ask for it, sometimes they hide it behind the counter (!?). Its in a green and black 2 pill package, i forget how much it costs. give it a spin, if you can find it i guess.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 02:19:07 pm »

I shaved my dog today. A sack full of hair o' the dog to whoever wants it.

For a brief, horrifying moment, I thought this said "I shaved my sack today."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 02:26:59 pm »

For one shining moment, you mean?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 05:03:49 pm »

Since I discovered the "drinking water along with the alcohol" trick I have never experienced hangovers anymore. I also cannot say that I have been really drunk-drunk since, which seems... suitably stupid, since I abhor the taste of alcohol and use it only for the efects...

As for taking care of your liver, I cannot reinforce that enough. A friend of mine used to really like drinking (he used to just really, really like drinking) - he wasn't a bum or a drunkard, but coupled with his predisposition to enjoy alcohol he also had a central nervous system which was a tough bitch to mellow - usually requiring ugly amounts of high-proof spirits to get him to the giggle threshold... Uhm, long story short his liver won't regenerate anymore, which is... deadly?, and he's only 21 years old, so that's quite a long life of pussycuddling your liver like a fragile baby seal. Who would want to keep on living like that, anyway?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 05:10:04 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2007, 06:41:08 pm »

I don't get headache hangovers.

Oh, I get stomach hangovers. I get AWFUL stomach hangovers.

But nothing in the headular region. I'm not sure why this is.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2007, 09:07:01 pm »

They're having a benefit over at my watering hole this weekend for Uncle John Turner to raise money for a liver transplant.  Uncle John Turner played in Johnny Winter's band back in the day.  Dude played at Woodstock.  Now his liver is dead and soon he will too if he don't get that transplant.

Take care of your liver is what I am trying to say.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 10:14:58 pm »

They're having a benefit over at my watering hole this weekend for Uncle John Turner to raise money for a liver transplant.  Uncle John Turner played in Johnny Winter's band back in the day.  Dude played at Woodstock.  Now his liver is dead and soon he will too if he don't get that transplant.

Take care of your liver is what I am trying to say.

As for taking care of your liver, I cannot reinforce that enough. A friend of mine used to really like drinking (he used to just really, really like drinking) - he wasn't a bum or a drunkard, but coupled with his predisposition to enjoy alcohol he also had a central nervous system which was a tough bitch to mellow - usually requiring ugly amounts of high-proof spirits to get him to the giggle threshold... Uhm, long story short his liver won't regenerate anymore, which is... deadly?, and he's only 21 years old, so that's quite a long life of pussycuddling your liver like a fragile baby seal. Who would want to keep on living like that, anyway?

Man. Unfortunately we don't live in a Gibsonesque world where you can just nip on over to some black market clinic in Chiba prefecture and get a new one.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 10:39:01 pm »

Man. Unfortunately we don't live in a Gibsonesque world where you can just nip on over to some black market clinic in Chiba prefecture and get a new one.

Achewood is Gibsonesque?
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2007, 03:10:21 am »

Achewood is Gibsonesque?

Heh. That's a new liver, but that's not a black market clinic in Chiba, and Beef is not Case.

Touche, though.



Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2007, 03:10:54 am »

Man. Unfortunately we don't live in a Gibsonesque world where you can just nip on over to some black market clinic in Chiba prefecture and get a new one.

Yeah, don't you hate it when you get a new liver but it has nanobeads implanted in it that are programmed to release a cutting edge neurotoxin and the only way you can get the dang antidote is to take down a psychotic AI?

I know I hate it when that happens.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2007, 06:54:29 am »

Sometimes it makes me feel strange to realize that I am living in, and will presumably live in for the rest of my life, years that have generally been described as cyberdystopias in SF. It struck me that 2020, one of the years that seemed to be nearly synonymous with "evil corporations sending programs to kill you through the Internet" back in my misspent youth, is only 13 years away, and that unless we get some evil AI action going tout suite, it's going to be pretty dang normal. I shouldn't feel disappointed, should I?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up