Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The problem with hangovers...  (Read 7138 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2007, 09:02:36 am »

I'm building a lovely hangover as we speak.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2007, 11:51:28 am »

I shouldn't feel disappointed, should I?

Probably not. I was pretty OK with the way 1984 turned out. It seemed just as well.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2007, 12:10:26 pm »

However, you might want to avoid getting too pumped up for 2012...
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2007, 03:04:36 pm »

I'm building a lovely hangover as we speak.

Ahh, Nabu. Throwing down in the name of Science.

Anyway, it's like 90 degrees in here. I'm at my dad's house for the day, whence I have been assigned to hang out all day. It's 9:12 AM. I'm so pissed about being awake at this time of the day that I'm halfway in the bag with drinking shitty Coors Lite that my dad likes. He and my stepmom are both at work. I have to wait for the air conditioning repair guy instead of being at home in my cosy, huuuuge bed with tons of AC and my two sweet, bratty cats. My funemployment is being interrupted by this familial responsibility. They are also having a refrigerator delivered, for which I must also be responsible.

I'm also hungry. They have some stale French bread. I can't order out anywhere because the delivery places don't open until 11AM. Curses.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2007, 04:07:48 pm »

The guy reneges on a job for you and yet you still show up for repairman-sitting? Thats some powerful karma you're building, missy.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2007, 04:29:02 pm »

Ahh, Nabu. Throwing down in the name of Science.

Anyway, it's like 90 degrees in here. I'm at my dad's house for the day, whence I have been assigned to hang out all day. It's 9:12 AM. I'm so pissed about being awake at this time of the day that I'm halfway in the bag with drinking shitty Coors Lite that my dad likes. He and my stepmom are both at work. I have to wait for the air conditioning repair guy instead of being at home in my cosy, huuuuge bed with tons of AC and my two sweet, bratty cats. My funemployment is being interrupted by this familial responsibility. They are also having a refrigerator delivered, for which I must also be responsible.

I'm also hungry. They have some stale French bread. I can't order out anywhere because the delivery places don't open until 11AM. Curses.

Drinking Coors Light at 9 a.m.?  What's next?  Following the Larry the Cable Guy tour around the country?  Confederate flag tattoos? 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2007, 04:37:10 pm »

Oh!  Linnea, get this one!.  It's horrible and confusing!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2007, 05:06:20 pm »

The guy reneges on a job for you and yet you still show up for repairman-sitting? Thats some powerful karma you're building, missy.

I thought I already posted a reply to this? Weird. Anyway, I'll repost.

Yeah, what can you do. He claims that he'll loan me 2 grand for a down payment on a vehicle. Who knows if he'll actually pay out. I figure that he's working on negative karma points.

Drinking Coors Light at 9 a.m.?  What's next?  Following the Larry the Cable Guy tour around the country?  Confederate flag tattoos? 

Don't worry, this is a one-time deal. I won't become some crazy, methed out redneck ho.

Oh!  Linnea, get this one!.  It's horrible and confusing!

Oh gaaaaaahh!!! That's horrifying. You delivered on this one, smells. Damn.

**EDIT: I think I'll get this one:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 05:21:36 pm by linnea »
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2007, 07:40:50 pm »

I totally parsed that as "This Property Protected By RABIES," which is really just as appropriate for a Confederate-flag tattoo.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2007, 08:13:45 pm »

Get this one, or this one. Why do so many of these exist?

Not long from now, both those links will be toast, but I'm not going to save the pictures and waste any space on them.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2007, 08:18:11 pm »

Is Elvis an uber hero to the confederate folk for appropriating black music?  Like, on a subconscious level?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2007, 04:40:46 pm »

I'll always be here for you, boss.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The problem with hangovers...
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2007, 06:47:30 pm »

not gonna lie. I love the shit out of that song.

also: I cannot dance.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up