Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350205 times)

0 Members and 148 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1080 on: November 17, 2007, 09:17:40 am »

Tonight I got a cool painting. It is basically ruined with spray paint and big slashes across the canvas, but I am going to attempt to reconstruct it. It was my favorite painting in the auction, and I told my friend who was running it, and then when it lost the competition and was destroyed, she saved it for me. It lost because in the bad lighting they had, it looked like a plain white canvas. In reality there are really faint lines on it and it's really pretty. I am so glad she saved it for me. I am trying to think of how to get the spray paint off without ruining the rest of it, but I think that is probably impossible.

um, basically I could type a big thing here about being intimidated now that I realize how highly regarded the girl I am going out to dinner with tomorrow is. I am not really sure how to explain what was going on, but it was hell of intimidating.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1081 on: November 17, 2007, 11:55:29 am »

How'd it get ruined inev? They deliberately spray paint it after it didn't sell or something?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1082 on: November 17, 2007, 12:27:18 pm »

How'd it get ruined inev? They deliberately spray paint it after it didn't sell or something?

Kinda like how they treat greyhounds that don't win. "Stupid painting! {spssssss} I spent three grand on you! {spsssssssss} You're worthless, you hear me? Worthless! {spssssss}"
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1083 on: November 17, 2007, 12:32:28 pm »

They take that painting around back with a shotgun.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1084 on: November 17, 2007, 08:10:10 pm »

oh, no, it was a thing where... they would hold up two paintings and measure the decibel level to decide which one won. The winner would go on to the next round. The loser would be put in a vise, and then a wheel would be spun. If, for instance, it landed on "Edward Scissorhands," the cute girl I am going on a date with would come up, dressed as edward scissorhands (not hot. terrifying. also... she could definitely pull off being a guy.) and slice up the painting. UNLESS someone was willing to bid at least 50$ on it, in which case bidding would start in a normal auction-like setup.
Because of the lighting, it looked like this painting was a plain white canvas. Nobody cheered for it except me and a few friends of the artist. It got spray-painted, and then someone sliced it up just to add injury to insult. So it has "ART ATTACK KDHX!" spraypainted on it, and a big T-shaped cut.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1085 on: November 17, 2007, 09:33:38 pm »

oh.

Well good luck with that.  Does it look cool with the spray paint on it?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 09:36:45 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1086 on: November 17, 2007, 10:16:28 pm »

kind of. it looked cooler without it. especially because the graffiti is not skillful at all. the main distracting part is that they didn't take the "#13" tag off before spraying it, so there is a big blank square in one corner.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1087 on: November 18, 2007, 07:06:51 pm »

date becomes dinner with her friends, ew. she was really sick and miserable, though, so I guess she had good reasons. then I stayed there until 5 AM watching movies with her roommates, big mistake. now I am so sleepy.

is there a word for the thing where you're so hungry that you feel sick, and nothing appeals to you? This feeling is my arch-nemesis. now I have band practice and a tryout for a battle of the bands, then I'm probably going to sleep, then I'm going to write a political theory paper which hopefully will not keep me up all night like they have the past 2 times, but I'm not optimistic. 3 classes to go before I go home and sleep and see my best friend for the first time in 4 months and hang out with a bunch of friends who act like they're still in high school and get mad and miss being here. also, thanksgiving, seeing all the crazy new furniture my parents have put in our house, new carpet, my room will be a disaster because they had to move all the furniture and all my stuff to put in the new carpet...
i am looking forward to the Lounging aspect, and the driving around charlotte aspect. mmm. relaxation.
there is some chance the aforementioned best friend and his dad will come for Thanksgiving Dinner, which would be the raddest thing ever. Damn, that would be so rad.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1088 on: November 18, 2007, 10:37:54 pm »

Today I'm gonna dress inapropriatly and be otherwise ill equipped for the weather due to a low quality radio weather report, make sure I don't make any tweens cry (40 of 'em came to the audition!), make dinner and try not to crash before 8:30.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1089 on: November 19, 2007, 12:43:42 am »

Today it was almost 70 degrees outside (that is about 21 degrees C). I meant to wash my car but did not get around to it. Now it is only 5:42PM and it is already pitch black outside. Meh. I cooked some buffalo on the grill for dinner. It was pretty good.

I was getting all set to go to bed, but I can't go to sleep before 6PM! Dammit!
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1090 on: November 19, 2007, 06:52:06 pm »

It snowed, I tried to get the effluent off of my body from the Gwar concert (failed), and I took my car to get serviced.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1091 on: November 19, 2007, 07:30:22 pm »

Today it was almost 70 degrees outside (that is about 21 degrees C).

Going to be about 75 in Oklahoma today.  about 70% of the time I talk to my friend in Boulder he knows the weather here based on what happened there.   No that isn't right.  About 70% of the time I talk to my friend in Boulder and he asks me about the weather he is right.  Maybe more.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1092 on: November 20, 2007, 07:14:32 pm »

... pack, take the metro, get on a plane, be in Charlotte.
maybe go meet friends, maybe go get dinner at The Penguin (golfhaus, have you been to The Penguin? Mmmm.), maybe be a horrible son and friend and go buy Mass Effect.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1093 on: November 20, 2007, 07:30:36 pm »

...pack up, take an early night to bed, then waking up around 2 and getting in the car to drive to Pennsylvania to see the wife's family.

While fighting off a now week-long cold.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1094 on: November 20, 2007, 07:35:24 pm »

also: today I find out that at least 2 of my 3 roommates thought that "Higher Ground" was originally by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and are confused when I play the Stevie Wonder version.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 878   Go Up