Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 805512 times)

linnea

• VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
    • View Profile
Today I'm gonna...
« on: July 17, 2007, 02:50:16 pm »

I thought I'd start a random thread where people can state the activities of the day.

Today I'm going to take the bus down to the police HQ (the no job and no car thingy in action). I have to get certified as an EMT in Colorado, and that involves a bunch of paperwork. This includes getting my fingerprints taken by a law enforcement agency so that the FBI and CBI can run a background check. The rules are (understandably) Byzantine. I'm waiting for my CPR Instructor card to come in the mail so that I can get photocopies of it. That's the last piece of documentation I need.

Hopefully all this crap will coalesce so that I can at least get a job as a medic until something else pans out.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:39:13 pm by Choop »

theinevitable

• Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 473
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 04:42:55 pm »

today I'm gonna:
wake up at 10 because I think I have work
drive to work
find out that no, I don't have work at lunchtime.
go to the bank to deposit 2 paychecks
go to the library, fail to find anything (they don't have a copy of On the Road!?)
go to target to buy contact solution
fuck around until 6 when I have work. I guess this will involve video games, and lunch.
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

• VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 05:03:49 pm »

Get the kid to preschool and myself to work (20 min train ride - yay!)
Learn a new piece of microarray imaging hardware
Desperately attempt not to demonstrate my ignorance while describing what I'm doing to the data analysis guys.
Eat a tasty lunch (and get same into FitDay journal)
Sketch out my ideas for a new work-team intranet site thingy
Ridicule other team members lame attempts at designing site thingy
Play wall-ball until shuttle comes for train
Get to dojang to spend my hard earned calories from lunch
Read bedtime stories to kid
Try to figure out why new graphics card is making PC crash
Kick dog out of bed (or at least off the pillow).
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

• Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 447
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 05:49:16 pm »

It's raining here. I will probably stay inside and mack on my wife.
Also, I will be ordering a composter for the garden.
I will watch the Orkin guy spray for pests.
I will receive an order of organic vegetables.
I will go to a retirement party for a guy who works at a place my wife no longer works for.
Tonight we will probably go see an acoustic set by Tom Morello.
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

• English-Speaking Pizza
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 633
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 06:08:09 pm »

I will watch the Orkin guy spray for pests.
I will receive an order of organic vegetables.

This is confusing! You are an internally contradictory fellow!

I am trying to sit in front of the computer and write all day. Also, checking Craigslist for part time jobs. Also, most of that web-surfing counts as research, so shut up, I am too working.

Also I am sitting around dreading a phone call from my sister. I called my mother to see if she got a birthday gift I sent and she told me my sister's husband wants a separation. She is a stay at home mom with a small child and a house in a place they recently moved where her only friend just moved out of state. There is really not much I can say except that life sucks. Not looking forward.

Later I plan to go to the gym, whine about how I hate the music there and the rowing machine is in an odd inside corner of the building where my pocket radio won't pick up NPR, and then go out to eat.  And after that if it isn't still hot enough to kill us, walk the pugs.
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

• Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 09:34:26 pm »

I will wonder when and why I bought the keg I found in my basement (its full).
I will play with my new guinea pig and try to make him comfortable in his new home.
I will make beer butt chicken with every spice i can find and brush the skin with champagne.
More playing with guinea pig.
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

• VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 11:17:51 pm »

Okay. It's 105 degrees Fahrenheit (40.6 degrees Centigrade for all you non-Americans) in fair Denver today. I ain't gotta car, as has been covered previously. It's hot outside.

I take the bus to the Aurora Police Department, whom I have called previously and ascertained their arcane fingerprinting schedule. It's fuck*ng hot outside and my tundra-stiffened body is having trouble adjusting. I am wearing jeans and a long-sleeved black shirt because those are pretty much the only clothing items I have, and I'm hot and irritable. It takes 30 minutes to get there, then another 20 minutes of walking around the huuuge justice complex to figure out which building I'm supposed to be in.  When I arrive, they are incredulous that I don't have a card. I point to the instructions I have received from the CDPHE, none of which mention that I have to bring my own fuck*ng fingerprinting card to a police precinct. They do not stock said cards. They point to a shitty Xeroxed map that shows a place at I-70 and Peoria (read: an incredibly long-ass distance from where I am currently standing) where I can purchase a card for $5.

Extremely pissed, I take the bus and then the light rail to downtown Denver. Of course...I don't think to call first. I am in disbelief that Aurora fucks don't have the basic stuff I need. Light rail takes 45 minutes, then it takes another 30 minutes of taking other busses and walking to the right building. It's even hotter downtown. Thirsty and hot, I stop for a $4 lite Frappucino at Starbucks and feel horrible for doing so. I finally get to the right administrative building and ask about fingerprinting.

They don't do fingerprinting on Tuesdays, and plus I need to bring my own card. >_< SOMEONE SHOOT ME NOW.

I leave a polite yet terse message for the CDPHE-EMT certification division lady (thank heavens for cell phones). I mention that I have been on foot all day and that I went to the Aurora Justice Center and to the main Denver PD precinct downtown, and I beg that they please note somewhere on the application that said applicant must procure their own card. Since I'm already downtown, I wanted to go to the Denver Art Museum but I don't have the ten bucks admission fee. :(

I take the light rail back, dejected. At the Nine Mile Park n Ride, a young man in a very crisp suit is running around and trying to figure out which bus he has to take. He looks frantic, like he has to go to a job interview and can't find the right bus. I have an arsenal of schedules in my purse. I pull the Quincy schedule out of my purse and hand it to him. He smiles and says such a heartfelt thank-you that I feel a little bit better that I've helped someone out.

Miraculously, the lady from the CDPHE calls me back. She offers to mail me a card. Phew. Now I'll have something to take with me to the Aurora precinct on Thursday (the other day that they do the fingerprinting) so I can get this shit taken care of.

Damn.

wombat

• English-Speaking Pizza
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 633
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 11:51:41 pm »

I will wonder when and why I bought the keg I found in my basement (its full).
I will play with my new guinea pig and try to make him comfortable in his new home.
I will make beer butt chicken with every spice i can find and brush the skin with champagne.
More playing with guinea pig.

Pictures!  (Of the pig, of course, not the keg or the chicken.)
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

• VIP
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 12:11:42 am »

Where are your priorities woman!  Pictures of the keg!  And of the CO2 pressurization system you're surely using because only a wretched fratboy would contaminate beer with a bicycle-style hand pump.  Unless its Natty-lite.  Then any funk that grows will only improve things.
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

• Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 447
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 12:16:50 am »

This is confusing! You are an internally contradictory fellow!

Oh you know me well enough by now to understand this is only the tip of the iceberg. I do thank you for not just kicking your comment directly up to hypocrite.
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

• VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 01:53:05 am »

Awww... Cavies are some cuddly folk. Pictures would be rad.

Where are your priorities woman!  Pictures of the keg!  And of the CO2 pressurization system you're surely using because only a wretched fratboy would contaminate beer with a bicycle-style hand pump.  Unless its Natty-lite.  Then any funk that grows will only improve things.

Beer nerds are so adorable. Kellichou is one, which is why I think they're rad. A-CAP is a college student, yes? He's probably got a fratboy setup with that keg. Unless he's got a kegerator or something.

Arachno-capitalist

• Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 02:28:41 am »

Working at a brewery inspired me to start homebrewing. I liken it to how i imagine a woman feels raising a child, a child that gets them drunk. The point being that I of course have the proper setup with a kegerator and co2 pressure system. It was the hum of the kegerator that caught my attention this morning. Ill take pictures of Howard the Guinea Pig tomorrow.
Turns out its a keg of yuengling, this evening has a 100% chance of being delicious.
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

• Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 03:23:46 am »

If a keg appeared without my knowledge as to how, I would first check behind it for magical elves and the like... if no elves were present, I'd start to wonder if the contents were actually beer.
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

• Writer's Workshoppers
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 473
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 06:05:34 am »

so.

I don't want to say it.

But, my first thought was "wait... keg beer comes in different types?"

It was roughly equivalent to realizing that, say... I don't know. Insert something here that you should have known, and would have if you'd ever pondered it... but you hadn't.
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

• -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 08:26:48 am »

But, my first thought was "wait... keg beer comes in different types?"

It's understandable.   Keg rhymes with egg, and there's nothing but the same yellow and white stuff in every single one of those.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 878   Go Up