Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349197 times)

0 Members and 198 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1170 on: December 10, 2007, 02:23:58 am »

oh, dude, I would not freeze up in that situation. I would bust out that she was wrong, and be hell of obnoxious about it if she didn't believe me.

On the other hand, I don't like David Bowie very much. So I wouldn't have known. Except that... the album Quicksand is on came out in 91. I maybe would have been able to figure that out, based on the fact that I only know the ones up to when Lou Barlow left, and that was like 89 or so and I know I have never heard of that song.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1171 on: December 10, 2007, 02:24:47 am »

Oh, I am going.  Part of me is going just to try to get high with Lou Barlow though.  I like him a lot more than Dinosaur Jr., and I really like them.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1172 on: December 10, 2007, 02:30:31 am »

I saw Dinosaur Jr. in Denver in June. They were pretty good, but I wouldn't drive through hell of treacherous ice-covered streets to see them.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1173 on: December 10, 2007, 02:33:37 am »

Lou Barlow? really? Sebadoh have never really grabbed me, except the song "Freed Pig." I listen to that song, and then skip every other song on the album looking for something that sounds like that. I then go back through, and try to listen and... none of it really appeals to me.

I imagined that Sebadoh would sound like "In a Jar," and when they didn't I gave up on them. Except that, you know, I have two of their albums, so sometimes I try to listen to them again.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1174 on: December 10, 2007, 02:42:30 am »

Quote from: theinevitable
I would bust out that she was wrong, and be hell of obnoxious about it if she didn't believe me.

...if I had any idea how to edit photographs or upload them to the interweb, I would find a picture of Yoda and write "that... is why you fail" under it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1175 on: December 10, 2007, 02:44:06 am »

Yeah, the Folk Implosion- Dare to Be Surprised is actually the album that started me liking Barlow.  Some of the other stuff is alright, but off and on.  I really like Folk Implosion.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1176 on: December 10, 2007, 02:57:21 am »

LFM-- I am aware of this. I know this.

Actually, I was probably exaggerating. I would hopefully restrain myself. I do not say something in these situations unless I am absolutely sure. And even then, in the form of a question.
"Didn't Bowie record it first?"
"I don't know."
"oh. yeah. he did. Dinosaur Jr were covering him."
"oh."

Yes, now that I think about it, I have restrained myself about that very thing on several occasions. The situation in which I would be obnoxious about it would be if she were dismissive of the idea that I could be right, you know? Once someone responds in a way that indicates they don't believe that I could be correct, I lose it. "It" meaning, you know, my chance of getting laid. But do I really want to get laid by someone who is not only wrong, but refuses to acknowledge that they might be wrong?

It depends on the person, of course. When metal kid who bugs me when I am trying to do work tells me that Dinosaur Jr are fuck*ng lame, and "pussy indie rock," I just grimace and say "whatever, man. I like them a lot."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1177 on: December 10, 2007, 05:27:28 am »

I seem to have walked in on this conversation a bit late. I love You're Living All Over Me, but I haven't been able to get quite as into their other albums. Then again, I haven't really given them much of a chance. Which is the next best?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1178 on: December 10, 2007, 05:31:45 am »

I think Bug is generally considered the second best. I don't know, as much as I like Dinosaur Jr and want to be like them, I have not  listened to anything other than these two albums. There is too much music in the world, my friends. How can I listen to 6 different Dinosaur Jr albums when there's a hundred of years of music that I want to hear?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1179 on: December 10, 2007, 06:00:03 am »

Actually, I was probably exaggerating. I would hopefully restrain myself. I do not say something in these situations unless I am absolutely sure. And even then, in the form of a question.
"Didn't Bowie record it first?"
"I don't know."
"oh. yeah. he did. Dinosaur Jr were covering him."
"oh."

A dude I knew from highschool and throughout uni once told me this was how he dealt with situations where someone said something that he knew to be wrong, either that or he'd just agree because although he was one of the smartest guys I know he didn't like seeming all confrontational about that kind of this. It is a thing of modern society that my first reaction was to mentally go over our conversations to work out if he'd used this technique on me.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1180 on: December 10, 2007, 03:08:26 pm »

My favorite Dinosaur Jr. album is Green Mind, but that's just my opinion.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1181 on: December 10, 2007, 03:09:33 pm »

Today I'm gonna turn in three papers and do a final. Wheee!
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1182 on: December 10, 2007, 07:22:23 pm »

Today Im gonna do brain surgery on my old computer and try to find an external SATA enclosure to rescue my data. Also, I just got my invitation to the private beta of Hulu. Damn guys this thing is sweet, its like every shady tv site but with great quality video, 10 second commercial breaks, and high speed non-illegal video of all your favorite tv hits. </hulu commercial>
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1183 on: December 10, 2007, 09:04:18 pm »

Today Im gonna do brain surgery on my old computer and try to find an external SATA enclosure to rescue my data. Also, I just got my invitation to the private beta of Hulu. Damn guys this thing is sweet, its like every shady tv site but with great quality video, 10 second commercial breaks, and high speed non-illegal video of all your favorite tv hits. </hulu commercial>
10 second commercials?  Awesome.  I've always felt that's what YouTube was missing.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1184 on: December 10, 2007, 09:09:57 pm »

10 second commercials?  Awesome.  I've always felt that's what YouTube was missing.
You tube doesnt have full seasons of popular television shows uploaded by the networks.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 878   Go Up