Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1345858 times)

0 Members and 182 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11820 on: August 02, 2012, 10:47:21 pm »

It makes such a difference that there is really no point for a non-pet-owner to answer the question, because you're not answering the same question at all. You are making the choice between a theoretical animal and a theoretical human, which is totally different from the choice between a dog I've lived with for thirteen years and a theoretical human. I think all of us, because we are not a bunch of nutcases, would choose a theoretical, unknown human over a theoretical, unknown animal. So that's just not a remotely interesting question, you know?



Yeah, I suppose. Although, I had a family pet when I was a kid, and I would still save a random stranger over my childhood dog. I liked the dog, I have fond memories of her, I just never bonded with her enough that I would feel she couldn't be replaced*. And I haven't had a pet since because I don't think I'm the kind of person who could develop feelings like that for a non-human.

I mean, it was a toy poodle, maybe that's why. But I think it's more likely that I'm just not a pet person.

*On reflection, this is true of a lot of the people I've known in my life too. Maybe I am, in fact, just a psychopath.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11821 on: August 03, 2012, 12:05:17 am »

Well, a toy poodle, no wonder.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11822 on: August 06, 2012, 03:21:09 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11823 on: August 07, 2012, 01:24:47 am »



Last night was dope. I was not expecting images to bounce off Voyager and get to earth as fast as they did. Well done. 
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11824 on: August 07, 2012, 02:29:28 am »

I went to a mars landing party.  Holy fuck was that impressive.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11825 on: August 07, 2012, 10:23:45 am »

Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11826 on: August 07, 2012, 12:32:53 pm »

...wake up to a radio story about womens' soccer.  I was sure they were talking about someone called Abby Wombat. Imagine my disappointment later when I read the newspaper.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11827 on: August 08, 2012, 01:34:20 am »

Today I got my computer back from the shop and might start being a little less scarce again.

There are still power supply issues but we are working on it.

Sorry if I missed anything big around there.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11828 on: August 08, 2012, 03:20:36 am »

Today I got to my parents' house. I will be here for one week of PAID VACATION. Just going to eat and drink beer and chill for 7 days. We don't have internet in our new apartment because AT&T is having trouble connecting it. Lately I am spending a lot of time with that girl, which is very fun.

My dog is suddenly very old. He is blind in one eye, does not seem to remember me very well, and has lost a lot of weight. Uh oh.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11829 on: August 08, 2012, 03:49:31 am »

He has had a good, long life. The vet says it is only a matter of time. This breed normally only lives to be 8 or 9... he is 13.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11830 on: August 08, 2012, 06:24:56 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11831 on: August 10, 2012, 03:57:42 pm »

Today I got my replacement power cord for my laptop.

My laptop's battery charges now.

And I had my first night with a C-Pap in my own damn bed, too.

I'M HALFWAY TO BORG!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11832 on: August 10, 2012, 04:58:20 pm »

Hope the CPAP works for you.  I know a loooooot of people who swear by it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11833 on: August 10, 2012, 07:19:10 pm »

Thank you.

I'm... getting better sleep with it but I am still not getting as much because it is so weird to have a damn mask on when I'm trying to fall asleep.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11834 on: August 11, 2012, 12:12:06 am »

"Luke, it is your destiny".
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 878   Go Up