Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800] 801 802 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344260 times)

0 Members and 184 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11985 on: October 16, 2012, 07:48:02 pm »

You are only 33.  You are a young man, with a long life ahead of you and the freedom to start over and do anything.  You have nothing left to lose, and therefore everything to gain. As much as I love my life, I sometimes look at my unencumbered friends and get nostalgic for that time.  I remember the exact moment when I realized I was finally over my last relationship and that I could simply open my heart and love anybody, could choose to do whatever I wanted to do.  I think it was the freest moment of my life.  It was a terrifying but wonderful time.  I don't envy the pain you're in now, but I do envy the place it will bring you to (if you let it).

I know you're a johnny-pessimist-##### by nature, and that this feels like The End, but I've always been a fan of the snake shedding its skin and the phoenix rising from the ash, and brother, you've been long over-due for a new beginning.  You're a storyteller, and your next story starts now.

What Smells said.

I can see how hard this is because she was the only thing that had been stable in your life for so long. I mean, hell, this was something that was stable in my life for so long that I said "Noooo" and you're only imaginary, you know?  But maybe being cut loose from the only thing that was stable in a situation that wasn't getting any better, is for the best. 

And especially, you have no idea how young 33 is. You have time to do anything except maybe be an Olympic figure skater.


Smells and Wombat said it best, but I want to reiterate that you are still young (I hope you are, since we're the same age) and that this, too, shall pass. Maybe she's having a manic episode (meds or no, it happens) and maybe she'll come crawling back (I have seen it happen many times with the 3 friends/relatives of mine who are/were married to bipolar sufferers) but either way, take some time to get your head into a place where you can decide for yourself whether you're better of with or without her.

The good news is, you've got every option open right now. The bad news is...you've got every option open, so you're going to have to make some decisions. Discussing this with some sort of mental health professional would not be a bad idea, if you have access to one. Otherwise, we're here for you, man.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11986 on: October 16, 2012, 07:53:28 pm »

I suggest you drink heavily.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11987 on: October 16, 2012, 07:58:40 pm »

I suggest you drink heavily.

Oh boy, so much this. Vodca has been a friend of late. But I think the dude can't imbibe.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:08:04 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11988 on: October 16, 2012, 08:31:18 pm »

I know 33 ain't old but...

It's not-young-enough to feel like the clock is ticking on that.

I thought I was gonna grow old with her, I guess, I guess that's why I feel old.

But I ain't curling up and dying. I've actually got a job interview tomorrow, just an assistant at a local library thing but it is a library attached to a museum that is a centre of the local arts so, like, it could be good, not just for some bread but also to make contacts.

And yeah. A lot of the energy in my life has been devoted to helping her with her bi-polarity and, like, maybe I'll be a better and more successful man being able to focus on myself.

But right now, man, I just loved her so much, you know.

It's hard to not have that. The love was worth being a failure for.

But she did fuck me over and my family over with the way she left basically Baltimore Colts style and I'm not gonna take her back the day she does try crawling back.

But. You know. That'll hurt fuck*ng bucketloads.

Y'know. I would be drinking heavily, too, but I got to hold shit together for that job interview tomorrow which should be... interesting.

Job interview, two days after a fuck*ng bad out-of-nowhere getting left.

That'll be, ah, well, if I can handle that, maybe I'm a better dude than I give myself credit for usually.

I wanted to save her, I guess. I wanted to save her so bad.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11989 on: October 16, 2012, 08:31:50 pm »

And thank you all for the kind words.

I do appreciate it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11990 on: October 16, 2012, 08:36:24 pm »

So many times in the last eight years I have wished that we were not all imaginary so that I could hug you guys at times like this.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11991 on: October 16, 2012, 09:56:17 pm »

I'm disappointed that Ash didn't Oingo Boingo the situation.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11992 on: October 16, 2012, 10:01:23 pm »

I'm disappointed that Ash didn't Oingo Boingo the situation.

Aquabats is his go to shiv.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11993 on: October 18, 2012, 05:56:40 pm »

33 year old here. If you aren't depressed from getting your heart broken, the world still appears to be an oyster. Get some tabasco and some vodka and suck that fucker down!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 07:53:31 pm by doomglobe »
Logged
[expletive deleted]

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11994 on: October 21, 2012, 02:21:35 am »

...decide that my chances of surviving the zombie apocalypse are better than I thought.

We went to a haunted house sort of thing - more like a warehouse, the story being a government experiment gone awry turning everyone into zombies, and you walk through offices and labs and hospital rooms with zombies jumping out at you. You have to sign a release before going in that talks about how loud, dark, etc and "physically demanding" it is going to be. And when the guy managing the line answered a question about how long it took by saying 30-40 minutes (a considerable exaggeration as in turned out unless he was counting the next line we had to wait in), a girl behind us in line was all shocked at what an ordeal that was going to be.

In the end, it was about as physically demanding as you'd expect walking through a vacant former Filene's Basement department store building to be. In fact, it was probably a lot less physically demanding than shopping in the old days in the original Filene's Basement in Boston, of which tales were told of women shoving each other out of the way at wedding dress sales and the like.

Anyway, what I decided was, these kids today are complete wimps and I will definitely be able to outrun them and leave them to the zombies.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11995 on: October 21, 2012, 07:46:55 am »

Anyway, what I decided was, these kids today are complete wimps and I will definitely be able to outrun them and leave them to the zombies.

I swanee to goodness.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11996 on: October 21, 2012, 07:47:56 am »

A friend of mine told me tonight they are going to be on Portlandia next season. Wow! He said Carrie Brownstein was hitting on him. I am so jealous right now.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11997 on: October 21, 2012, 09:03:14 am »

Tonight, I drank lots of coffee and decided to mentally list my flaws. I think I narrowed it down to one, which encompasses all of them: the impulse to spend time doing things like list my flaws.

Jesus, dude.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11998 on: October 21, 2012, 01:09:43 pm »

I've decided that when it come to figments, Inev is one of my greatest creations.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #11999 on: October 21, 2012, 03:46:23 pm »

I've decided that when it come to figments, Inev is one of my greatest creations.

Yeah, that was an awesome post. Good job Wombat. A can for you and a can for your creation.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800] 801 802 ... 878   Go Up