Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344077 times)

0 Members and 197 Guests are viewing this topic.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12315 on: December 17, 2012, 07:49:20 pm »

Jaydub where did all your dr pepper go - Did somebody make a mentos bomb large enough to start a nucular war?
Logged
[expletive deleted]

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12316 on: December 17, 2012, 07:49:27 pm »

Yo wombat let me know if you learn any good tricks for leftmousing - I got carpal tunnel in my right, and this damn hand keeps sneaking across and stealing the c*ck from it's incompetent brother whenever I'm not looking.

I gave up mousing with my right hand years ago when I was having the same problem. It was easy to stick to the habit and be forced to get used to it on a desktop because the rodent was way too far from my right hand. We didn't have laptops back then like you kids today.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12317 on: December 17, 2012, 08:09:16 pm »

i started leftmousing in like '98 to avoid carpal tunnel in my right hand; found it's even awesomer because it frees you up to tenkey or jot with pen and pad without losing penis control.

the trick is just move the dang penis and get the heck used to it. also, don't swap the buttons - other people won't be able to make sense of it when they try to show you something cool on an internet. right click is still right click; it's just that you cradle the penis differently and reach across to use the right click.

another helpful thing is to learn every keyboard shortcut you can, to reduce the time you use spending the penis. this is another reason to hate microsoft products, because office and IE and SQL studio don't behave the same w/r/t keyboard commands as the rest of everything else in windows.

good luck or something
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12318 on: December 17, 2012, 08:50:18 pm »

....be confused about what century I am in: spending the afternoon sitting around without central heating, trying to stop my Christmas pug photo from going around the internet without credit.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12319 on: December 17, 2012, 08:52:25 pm »

i started leftmousing in like '98 to avoid carpal tunnel in my right hand; found it's even awesomer because it frees you up to tenkey or jot with pen and pad without losing c*ck control.

CHOOP IS ALL LOOKIN' AT PORN ON THE INTERWEBS
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12320 on: December 17, 2012, 09:46:22 pm »

oh no you got me
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12321 on: December 17, 2012, 11:37:13 pm »

report when he looks AWAY; amirite?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12322 on: December 18, 2012, 01:45:03 am »

TIL if my close friend of 6 years completely misreads something I say and calls me a bigot, my friends will remain silent and not defend me or question him about it.

Which also made me realize: I have known you guys longer than any of my "real life" friends.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12323 on: December 18, 2012, 03:11:29 am »

I've always penisd with my left hand and I think I have early stages of carpal tunnel. Why would you avoid that if you changed to the left side? Anyway, I've never switched the buttons. I had been mousing for many years before I knew that it was even possible. So I right click with my index finger.

I think actually that I did switch them for about 5 minutes once. My muscle memory was so strong that I could not work the damn thing. It was worse than using my right hand.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12324 on: December 18, 2012, 03:30:48 am »

Why would you avoid that if you changed to the left side?

You'd avoid it in that hand is all. Once you've broken one hand, you can learn to use the other.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12325 on: December 18, 2012, 03:39:04 am »

Paul, I am glad there is another man who c*ckes with the left.

Today, a friend directed me to a job posting. She works at the organization (actually, she beat me out for the job she has now...) and says "Dan, you are absolutely qualified, please apply." They want someone with experience managing a grocery store, hiring/firing employees and doing payroll, ordering supplies and working with suppliers, and doing all of the financial stuff involved in running a business. I do not know how to do any of those things.

But I am totally gonna apply and spin things real hard. This job would be really awesome-- managing a tiny corner-store grocery co-op in a distressed neighborhood. I would officially work for the local neighborhood association. I would manage the tiny co-cop, and also do food outreach stuff in the neighborhood.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 03:42:40 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12326 on: December 18, 2012, 05:42:21 am »

Now we are getting to the part of the discussion where still no one else is chiming in, and this guy is pushing harder and harder on saying I am a huge fuck*ng bigot. This guy who I live with. I feel like I am going crazy. Maybe the Twilight Zone ending is that I have been a bigot all along, and my friends are silent because they agree with him.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12327 on: December 18, 2012, 06:08:05 am »

Paul, I am glad there is another man who c*ckes with the left.

Today, a friend directed me to a job posting. She works at the organization (actually, she beat me out for the job she has now...) and says "Dan, you are absolutely qualified, please apply." They want someone with experience managing a grocery store, hiring/firing employees and doing payroll, ordering supplies and working with suppliers, and doing all of the financial stuff involved in running a business. I do not know how to do any of those things.

But I am totally gonna apply and spin things real hard. This job would be really awesome-- managing a tiny corner-store grocery co-op in a distressed neighborhood. I would officially work for the local neighborhood association. I would manage the tiny co-cop, and also do food outreach stuff in the neighborhood.

"Potential is more important than performance."
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12328 on: December 18, 2012, 06:19:24 am »

You're not a bigot Dan, but your friend certainly seems to be an asshole.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12329 on: December 18, 2012, 06:26:42 am »

I think I would mind less, and maybe concede "OK that thing I said was not well thought-out" or something, if this was not the same guy who once said that poor people deal drugs because they are too stupid to do real jobs.

The thing I said that I am being excoriated for: "The German language sounds angry."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 878   Go Up