Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344078 times)

0 Members and 197 Guests are viewing this topic.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12630 on: February 21, 2013, 08:58:06 pm »

How was the ice climbing? Did the helmet come in handy (hopefully not)?

The helmet ALWAYS comes in handy (seriously, I have never ice climbed and not been hit in the head with small chunks of ice that would hurt like the dickens if it were not for my helmet.)

It was pretty rad, The climb behind me was particularly adventurous. 
Logged
[expletive deleted]

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12631 on: February 22, 2013, 05:04:05 am »

Is this a symptom of being American?

The aversion to sharing one's medical history?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12632 on: February 22, 2013, 05:23:37 am »

Feeling the need to announce that you aren't sharing it?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12633 on: February 22, 2013, 06:23:15 am »

Being paranoid that the man is going to use your medical history against you?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12634 on: February 22, 2013, 08:24:08 am »

Feeling the need to announce that you aren't sharing it?

Can'd.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12635 on: February 22, 2013, 01:48:01 pm »

Feeling the need to announce that you aren't sharing it?


Just trying to point out how sharing this kind of sensitive information in a public forum is a bad idea.  How many stories have you read about employers (or potential employers) firing people based on something they found on Facebook or some other form of social media.  I know for a fact that insurance companies do it.  If lenders don't do this sort of thing, they will soon.  We have HIPAA for a reason.

I don't know, I'm not a very open person.  There's a lot of stuff I just don't share on the internet, not even here.  My medical/psychiatric history is high on the list of things I'm careful with.  I'm just not comfortable putting that information in a place where anybody can see it and do with it what they will.  We do get trolls around here occasionally, remember.

Do what you want.  I'm not forbidding you from posting it on the board or anything like that.  I just think it's a really bad idea to post that stuff publicly.  I thought I was pointing that out in a clever way.  Guess I was wrong.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12636 on: February 22, 2013, 03:34:27 pm »

What AW said.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12637 on: February 23, 2013, 06:41:01 am »

i have ADD.  its rad being 30 years old and having a worse attention span than an average child who is 8 or 12  :/
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12638 on: February 25, 2013, 09:07:19 am »

Today a sweet lady friend of mine stopped by to drop off some soup (??) for me and my roommates. I was upstairs, and she did not come up. My roommate came up a few minutes later, saw that I was home, and made a face that said it all. "I wondered why she was coming by, and thought you weren't home, and didn't make the connection, and... fuck." But what he said was "oh, #####***** was just here and I didn't know you were home."

I probably mentioned this lady as having brought me cookies when I broke up with the ex. Hmm. There is a connection here. The connection is wanting me to have delicious food.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:31:42 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12639 on: February 25, 2013, 11:23:23 am »

The way to a man's heart, &c.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12640 on: February 25, 2013, 11:25:01 am »

but the way to a mans no-no area is through his zipper.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12641 on: February 25, 2013, 09:18:18 pm »

but the way to a mans no-no area is through his zipper.

Her eyes were saying no no, but her pot of soup was saying yes yes.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12642 on: February 26, 2013, 03:07:13 pm »

Do what you want.  I'm not forbidding you from posting it on the board or anything like that.  I just think it's a really bad idea to post that stuff publicly.  I thought I was pointing that out in a clever way.  Guess I was wrong.

No, I agree with you. More than once I've gone through my posts to remove anything that reveals enough personal information to make me cringe. I just don't see why this attitude is uniquely American.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12643 on: February 26, 2013, 03:18:19 pm »

Well there is one aspect of the health information part of this that is a uniquely American problem, because Smells as a Canadian does not have to worry about being denied medical insurance because of her health history.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12644 on: February 26, 2013, 05:10:40 pm »

Exactly.  And it would be the same if I were unemployed or working somewhere shitty.

My boss and boss' boss is fully aware of my situation considering the amount of times I've been away, and considering they are caring people who ask out of genuine concern and treat me very well.  I'm well known to everyone I've been employed by as hyper-diligent, and this situation has not affected my output at all.  Also, keep in mind, it is a temporary situation - four more months and hopefully all these problems will be shed along with my placenta!

TIG ride the wave of crazy pregnant lady energy surges.  I've been full of zip since the weekend and getting so much done, the nursury is starting to look like a nursery.  Except there is a mountain of my husband's dirty laundry in the middle of the floor.  Dude has too many clothes and can't keep up with his laundering. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 878   Go Up