Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 ... 854 855 [856] 857 858 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343664 times)

0 Members and 155 Guests are viewing this topic.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12825 on: April 15, 2013, 05:57:09 am »

You're right. Other peoples judgements don't matter, only our perceptions of them, and those are largely based on perceptions of ourselves, but meted out with our perceptions of how others might perceive us. I've never based my pride on where my income comes from since I know that more can be earned by hurting the world than making it better. But I was in a state today, a sad sack self absorbed pitiful state, and now this girl is gonna think of a guy sitting in a pile of garbage in his pajamas doing his taxes instead of a dude she had great sex with. Nothing to be done about it now. I made a bad moment by having a bad moment, and since it was the last moment I had with someone, it's how she'll remember me. I just gotta spend more time being awesome.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12826 on: April 15, 2013, 07:30:41 am »

I know what you mean 100%. Stay strong dude.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12827 on: April 15, 2013, 12:14:32 pm »

since it was the last moment I had with someone, it's how she'll remember me.

I kind of doubt this will be the entirety of how she remembers you.

But hey, if she is unable to appreciate your awesomeness, isn't she the one to be pitied? It was big of you to to give her pathetic self a moment to feel superior.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12828 on: April 15, 2013, 02:12:01 pm »

TIG wake up to this: .  And it's still snowing.  This is the longest period in my memory where we've had ground cover snow - from early November until now.  When I pulled away, there was a radio ad on for how "now's the time to break out your sexy sandals." Rough chuckles.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12829 on: April 15, 2013, 05:01:12 pm »

That is definitely sandal snow.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12830 on: April 15, 2013, 07:29:03 pm »

Today the creep who was sexually harassing my coworker got fired. And then arrested when he tried to punch my boss. I am really glad, because a lot of people were complaining about him and it seemed like nothing was happening.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12831 on: April 15, 2013, 08:52:11 pm »

Who knew working in a grocery store was so dramatic?

Today I'm gonna make Pat's toasted nut pasta for dinner and hope that I live to see the second cookbook.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12832 on: April 15, 2013, 09:55:31 pm »

Today sucked the big one. Because: Ouch http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/INDU:IND Zero out of 30 on the advance/decline line and a historical implosion in metals.
Then right as closing hour rolls around, tragedy strikes boston. Cue wall-to-wall wild speculation as every news reader desperately tries to make sense of the senseless.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 10:00:08 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12833 on: April 15, 2013, 10:26:55 pm »

Has it always been/felt like this? Constant shootings, bombings, etc? Does it only feel different in the last few years because I'm older?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12834 on: April 15, 2013, 10:28:26 pm »

School shootings, yeah, that's been going on for awhile. Bombings, that's more rare.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12835 on: April 15, 2013, 10:50:10 pm »

Seems to me that actually there was a time when bombings were the thing - the first World Trade Center bomb, Oklahoma City... and now we shoot up masses of people instead. Fashions change among madmen too?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12836 on: April 15, 2013, 10:55:08 pm »

In the main though the gun has been the top choice for madmen going way back.

By the way, a crazy fuck sliced up about 15 classmates with a knife at a college here in Houston last week.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12837 on: April 15, 2013, 10:59:53 pm »

Yeah - interesting how quickly that crazy fuck dropped out of the news. Guess not enough people died.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12838 on: April 16, 2013, 12:22:46 am »

Seems to me that actually there was a time when bombings were the thing - the first World Trade Center bomb, Oklahoma City... and now we shoot up masses of people instead. Fashions change among madmen too?
Guy Fawkes!  Also I think when the union busters were trying to take down organized labor, and the wobblies were trying to get socialism going here in the US bombs were a weapon of choice.  Terrorism prefers indiscriminate slaughter of the innocent.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #12839 on: April 16, 2013, 01:30:11 am »

I am not really a dude who sits around letting mass murders distract me (my roommate didn't go see the new batman because he was so sad(?) about the aurora shooting thing- we live in Denver but come on) but I saw this OKC bombing special on CNN while I was at the gym and it kinda effected me.  It might have been a nostalgia thing too though?  It was the day after my tenth birthday and I heard it waiting to go into my fifth grade portable (class in a trailer-fuck yeah OK), but yeah, seeing that video fucked with me.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 854 855 [856] 857 858 ... 878   Go Up