Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 ... 867 868 [869] 870 871 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1341373 times)

0 Members and 167 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13020 on: May 28, 2013, 08:04:18 pm »

TIG eat your brain.
You got over a thousand people to click on that thing? Nice work.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13021 on: May 28, 2013, 11:09:40 pm »

There are days when it doesn't sound like a bad idea for someone to eat my brain, and today was one of them.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13022 on: May 28, 2013, 11:32:32 pm »

You got over a thousand people to click on that thing? Nice work.

You got 296 people to click on your tiny can of dr pepper...

I often wonder what the exact count is... maybe it will tell me when I hit 10k?

Logged
[expletive deleted]

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 12:43:14 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13024 on: May 29, 2013, 01:22:37 am »

If you are running a store that sells sunglasses, having a staff of way too many cute women my age was exactly the right strategy to get me to buy some. I was the only person there, and there were literally 4 women standing there telling me how great these sunglasses look. I will maybe go back soon and get them. I realized my insurance will cover the frames if I get prescription ones! Sweet.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13025 on: May 29, 2013, 03:36:47 am »

You gotta use one without the ad preloads: Achewood first episode preview with confirmed voices.

You know, I hesitated because that looked giraffey, but the bait was too good.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13026 on: May 29, 2013, 05:12:59 am »

Wow. My roommate was doing routine maintenance on his bike, and he isn't sure how he did it, but he almost sliced off the tip of his finger. Everything is going to be OK, luckily. Lots of stitches.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13027 on: May 29, 2013, 04:03:40 pm »

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/374166

SOLD

But this will largely depend on how motivated I am to go to Long Island City that day. yuck.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 04:07:22 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13028 on: May 29, 2013, 05:36:06 pm »

If it works for you messing with it just a'cause is silly.

I ran the oldest boys phone for a month or so (in a fit of tech lust he had to go iPhone 5) as is and some things bugged me so I'm playing with new to me stuff to see what I can make more better. Like the battery life issue, now I can take off for a weekend and not have to sweat an outlet or a charger. That means something to me. Doing an update to a newer version of Android will get me two things, a newer/less buggy/more capable OS and losing the carrier and Motorola bloat that sucks resources and causes it to be laggy or non-responsive at times.

So meh, it's fun for me and I may get some extended life out of this piece of hardware.

EDIT: This should go here.

I'll assume you've read anything about rooting these phones as I have because you're an intelligent person who knows how to use google.

Beyond that, I'm trying to find a use for my old ipod touch. I'm trying to use it for a SSD project. My goal is to get a terabyte of SSD that syncs to a cloud from spare crap.

Also, we framed two houses in a week. Pics available on request. 

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13029 on: May 29, 2013, 06:13:34 pm »

Love the name.

Does it make me a bad person if this guy being stuck in the minors makes me happy?

If it does, tough, I'm going all German on tater-guts kid.

Visiting the sins of the father upon the son, eh?  How Old Testament of you.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13030 on: May 30, 2013, 02:30:40 am »

Wow. My roommate was doing routine maintenance on his bike, and he isn't sure how he did it, but he almost sliced off the tip of his finger. Everything is going to be OK, luckily. Lots of stitches.

Does he ride a fixed gear? If he was wiping down his chain while pedaling the bike with his other hand it is all too easy to get your finger caught. The momentum of the wheel stores enough energy to easily take off a finger
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 02:36:28 am by Mr Trout »
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13031 on: May 30, 2013, 04:05:14 am »

I think it was something like that. He has a single-speed with some kind of reversible deal to turn it into a fixed gear. He had never fooled around with it before, so he took it apart to flip the thing. He rode it around, didn't get the appeal, and then was switching it back when it sliced him up.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13032 on: May 30, 2013, 11:53:54 am »

If you are running a store that sells sunglasses, having a staff of way too many cute women my age was exactly the right strategy to get me to buy some. I was the only person there, and there were literally 4 women standing there telling me how great these sunglasses look. I will maybe go back soon and get them. I realized my insurance will cover the frames if I get prescription ones! Sweet.

1: You are easily manipulated.
2: There are a couple hundred of such stands here on the NJ and NY boardwalk populated by eastern European women. I don't need to fill in the blanks. DO NOT GIVE THEM A CREDIT CARD.
3: You're not buying sunglasses.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:57:25 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13033 on: May 30, 2013, 05:48:33 pm »

1. I think it would mean I am easy to manipulate if I had bought the sunglasses.
3. I am going to buy sunglasses, but probably from costco. Looking around for the best deal on some prescription ones.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #13034 on: May 30, 2013, 06:02:04 pm »

1. I think it would mean I am easy to manipulate if I had bought the sunglasses.
3. I am going to buy sunglasses, but probably from costco. Looking around for the best deal on some prescription ones.

I just bought prescription, polarized sunglasses from Zenni Optical for right about $50.  I've been wearing their glasses for about 18 months now and am quite happy with them.


[link had a typo, sent me to a scam site - choop]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:30:04 pm by Choop »
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 867 868 [869] 870 871 ... 878   Go Up