Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349650 times)

0 Members and 158 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1620 on: January 13, 2008, 08:02:24 am »

A: Slinks avatar is
B: He hasnt been here since october.
C: I won the lethal lottery.  My main knucklehead is passed out wrapped in a blanket quilted with teddy bears. I am still living strong.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 08:25:07 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1621 on: January 13, 2008, 09:41:04 am »

EXCITING UPDATE ON VOMIT DAY:

Yesterday, after I finally got up, I ate toast and cider while my mother read me the letter from Ohio State University saying they are not extending my leave of absence.

TODAY:

Ambivalence!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1622 on: January 13, 2008, 01:54:42 pm »

TODAY:

Ambivalence!

You know, I don't think I'm up to committing to ambivalence today.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1623 on: January 13, 2008, 01:56:59 pm »

Quote from: wombat
You know, I don't think I'm up to committing to ambivalence today.

Yeah, I mean... there's a lot of pros to ambivalence? But there's also a helluva lotta cons.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1624 on: January 13, 2008, 03:57:53 pm »

And furthermore I am reminded that you are frequently an asshole.  Whereas Slink was only occasionally an asshole.

Congratulations on winning the lottery.  Your prize will be a massive hangover.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1625 on: January 13, 2008, 07:46:38 pm »

And furthermore I am reminded that you are frequently an asshole.  Whereas Slink was only occasionally an asshole.

Congratulations on winning the lottery.  Your prize will be a massive hangover.
Sorry?

Also, today is conspicuously void of anything more than a headache. I credit the raw egg in beer trick and preemptive water.

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1626 on: January 13, 2008, 08:06:51 pm »

Perhaps hangover resistance is one of A-C's spidey-powers.

Today I'm....  looking for something to read that I don't want to throw across the room at the second chapter. Yeah, story of my life. I'm looking at my Amazon wish list and then checking on line to see if any of those books are at the Borders down the street. Pretty cool. But, thinking perhaps that wasn't always instant gratification enough (since often the answer is no, not at that store), I got curious about that electronic reader thingy the Amazon is selling. You know, the one called the Kindle, I guess to remind you that if you buy your books electronically, you won't end up with a house full of so many books that you don't know where to put that you are tempted to start a bonfire?

Anyway - four hundred dollars! And you still have to pay like ten bucks for a book to read on it!  Are they insane? The future is still a damn long way away if that's how they're going to be about it.

And yet, they are sold out of them... perhaps they only manufactured a half a dozen?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1627 on: January 13, 2008, 08:13:19 pm »

The day they put text books on those is the day I buy one. $400 or not.

Today I took about threee times as long putting on my socks and shoes as I normally do because I f'd up my shoulder skiing yesterday. At least it was toward the end of the day, and I had a good time otherwise.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1628 on: January 13, 2008, 08:26:29 pm »

You know, the one called the Kindle, I guess to remind you that if you buy your books electronically, you won't end up with a house full of so many books that you don't know where to put that you are tempted to start a bonfire?

Today I burned a shit ton of trees that fell down during the huge ice storm of the midwest you might have heard about.  They were the trees I was chopping with an axe last weekend.  Yesterday I recovered from a friday night of crushed up xanax in moonshine.  That was smart!  At least I got to see my friends, even if none of us remember it.
 
Now I am going to watch football and maybe do some light running.  Later I am going to finish Bukowski's Post Office.  I don't know if I really like it, but I didn't want to throw it in a fire after two chapters, so it has that going for it. 

Oh yeah, I wanted to talk about the kindle.  I don't remember what I want to say anymore though.  It seems like an okay idea, the thing is though that many books can be had for free and really the most I could ever want to read a book is two or three times (Thoreau and, obviously, reference excluded), and there will always be a library around.  Maybe if like the price included books and you could rotate through them, that would be cool.  Something like that.  Paying for books that you can only use on a kindle vs getting books for free that can generally always be accessed?  I'll take the library, thank you.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1629 on: January 13, 2008, 08:29:50 pm »


Now I am going to watch football and maybe do some light running.  Later I am going to finish Bukowski's Post Office.  I don't know if I really like it, but I didn't want to throw it in a fire after two chapters, so it has that going for it. 


Im reading his stuff right now, too. Right now Im reading Ham on Rye, then Post Office, then notes of a dirty old man. The guy isnt an amazing writer, but I like what he writes about.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1630 on: January 13, 2008, 08:49:10 pm »

Yeah, I really like his poetry, but this is the first novel I have read.  It is good, just not as good as his poems.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 08:54:36 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1631 on: January 13, 2008, 08:59:24 pm »

One of my diehard hockey-fan friends likes to roadtrip to Canada for hockey games. My but it's 1,110 miles just from Denver to Calgary (at least an 18 hour drive).  I mentioned this while on a date at a hockey game, and he suggested that we give it a shot for the upcoming long weekend! I would if we had more time and if we had a decent automatic-transmission vehicle to drive. My car is a standard transmission and he can't drive it. Plus we could visit Mel if she was anywhere near-ish!*.

Anyway, re: the Kindle. I would love to have one if it meant you could just download books quickly in multiple formats - plain text, PDF, etc. But I'm willing to bet it has stupid ass proprietary formats associated with it. If I weren't so concerned about money, it would be a great idea to get one. You could pack the entire Baroque Cycle into the space of a Harlequin Romance! It would be awesome to take on long trips.


-----
*I can't remember where smells lives, unfortunately. Yes, I realize that is like me messaging Doc and the other Aussies to say, "Hey dude! I'll be flying into Perth this weekend, wanna hang out?" when in reality, he is in Queensland, Oz is a huge country and it's not like he can just drive over to have drinks with us.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1632 on: January 13, 2008, 09:09:25 pm »

How long of a trip?  Are you really going to be in a situation where you need more than, say, 3 personal books.  It is really easy to put three books somewhere, especially on a long trip.  Now, some people may have a job or something where it would be nice.  Also, see, the ipod works because you may want to listen to Abe Lincoln by Bishop Allen and then listen to a Radiohead album, and then put on a mixed tape you made and...

I don't know how you all read, but I never have more than 2 personal books that I am reading at once.  Also, I never (excluding Thoreau again) want to read, say, chapter 7 of Invisible Man and then chapter 10 of Cats Cradle and then On the Road and then those pages of all the books I have put in random order, etc.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1633 on: January 13, 2008, 09:16:49 pm »

How long of a trip?  Are you really going to be in a situation where you need more than, say, 3 personal books.  It is really easy to put three books somewhere, especially on a long trip.  Now, some people may have a job or something where it would be nice.  Also, see, the ipod works because you may want to listen to Abe Lincoln by Bishop Allen and then listen to a Radiohead album, and then put on a mixed tape you made and...

I don't know how you all read, but I never have more than 2 personal books that I am reading at once.  Also, I never (excluding Thoreau again) want to read, say, chapter 7 of Invisible Man and then chapter 10 of Cats Cradle and then On the Road and then those pages of all the books I have put in random order, etc.

I don't like to be pinned down to just one book. I like to have an assortment from which to choose. It will be great when we can finally get internet access in the air, unless the airline screws you for access.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1634 on: January 13, 2008, 09:36:15 pm »

I guess I can see wanting to buy a book on a trip, but still, there are barnes and nobles basically everywhere now.

Also, thats why I said it is easy to take three books with you especially if you are on a long trip.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 878   Go Up