Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349622 times)

0 Members and 158 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1665 on: January 15, 2008, 03:51:19 am »

Today I pack everything Ill need to survive at school for the next couple weeks. Tomorrow I leave at 6AM and drive 400 miles with my girlfriend back to virginia. Then, tacos.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1666 on: January 15, 2008, 04:03:07 am »

Today I carefully constructed a dreamworld in which the Chargers handled the Patriots quite easily and with aplomb. It was pretty.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1667 on: January 15, 2008, 04:12:31 am »

Today I found out that the guy I saw in the crowd at the SD/IND game wearing a Rey Mysterio, Jr. mask in Chargers colors was actually Rey Mysterio, Jr.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1668 on: January 15, 2008, 04:46:33 am »

Today I found out that the guy I saw in the crowd at the SD/IND game wearing a Rey Mysterio, Jr. mask in Chargers colors was actually Rey Mysterio, Jr.

If that isn't good, conclusive, game-winning mojo, well then I don't know mojo.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1669 on: January 15, 2008, 05:08:55 am »

I don't know mojo.

CortJstr's brain is unable to process this phrase coming from this person. Please try your request later. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1670 on: January 15, 2008, 07:15:07 am »

Today my buckets got a hole in it, I can't buy no beer.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1671 on: January 15, 2008, 01:45:55 pm »

Today I'm gonna... pretty much repeat yesterday, till further notice. Fiddle with story. Surf the Internet. Wait for phone calls. Wait for emails. Try to call my elusive editor to see if I can get started on something new. Wait for phone calls. Wait for emails. Surf the Internet. Check what's on Japanese TV. Wait for phone calls...

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1672 on: January 15, 2008, 02:04:21 pm »

...finish my thesis and submit the final draft to my adviser! 

That's the plan, anyway.  I've got a whole day without the Boys and a whole package of Oreos. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1673 on: January 15, 2008, 02:43:21 pm »

...finish my thesis and submit the final draft to my adviser! 

That's the plan, anyway.  I've got a whole day without the Boys and a whole package of Oreos. 

ROCK! That's excellent news, J.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1674 on: January 15, 2008, 02:53:20 pm »

I just realized what's wrong with my writing habits these days - not enough Oreos.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1675 on: January 15, 2008, 03:26:34 pm »

yayyy JL!

Today I'm going to wake up after 9 hours of sleep (SUCCESS!) having had weird dreams about my parents screaming at me. My first class is with a prof who has been called "the most arrogant man I've ever met" by several of my friends, so that will be interesting. Then, fiction writing and the linguistics class I might drop.

Our shower doesn't have any hot water, and hasn't since we got back, and none of my roommates thought to say anything until I brought it up just now. Um, do other people not care about taking freezing showers?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1676 on: January 15, 2008, 03:30:26 pm »

Um, do other people not care about taking freezing showers?
The only time my wife mentioned divorce in a serious way was after the hot water pipes under the house broke.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1677 on: January 15, 2008, 04:00:22 pm »

I'd be thrilled if Pedro let me set it as low as +3. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1678 on: January 15, 2008, 06:26:04 pm »

Our shower doesn't have any hot water, and hasn't since we got back, and none of my roommates thought to say anything until I brought it up just now. Um, do other people not care about taking freezing showers?

They must not be getting as much action as you.

See, the thing is that they are taking cold showers. You know, because they are excited and are not getting any relief. Get it? Oh, never mind.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1679 on: January 15, 2008, 11:02:46 pm »

Mega w00t for JL! Although for it to be a real thesis don't you have to stay up the final night agonising over every little detail before you submit. Kind of like a knightly vigil or something.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 878   Go Up