Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349649 times)

0 Members and 158 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2310 on: March 14, 2008, 07:54:56 pm »

The question is, do you have the nerve to Google it?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2311 on: March 14, 2008, 08:13:04 pm »

Today I'm gonna accuse A-CAP of stringing 3 random words together just to see if anybody notices.
Crunchy - as in when Ray invited beef over for some "crunchy stellas". Honeybrowns - as in the delicious domestic lager that is on tap at the local public house.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2312 on: March 14, 2008, 08:28:56 pm »

I thought stellas were crispy. 

Although crunchy is probably a better descriptor for Honey Browns. 

Today I'm gonna meet my kid's new teacher, and feel ambivalent. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2313 on: March 14, 2008, 08:42:26 pm »

yesterday, I went to a Metal show, which was... a new experience. I could have seen the main band for free at my school, but instead I had to pay 15$ to see them here, and smell like smoke, and have ringing ears.

I am glad that I am into kinds of music with better male-to-female ratios, that is all I know.

But also, on the way home me and a good friend from high school had the awkward conversation where both of us had to say that we are no longer straight-edge. He was much more intensely into it than I was, and so he was a lot more defensive about it. Being all "um, do you want anything to drink" "no." "ok, I'm going to get something" and he comes back with a Newcastle and is like "have you tried Newcastle, it's really good" and I just kind of nod and understand that he is telling me that he drinks now. It was weird.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2314 on: March 14, 2008, 09:19:28 pm »

I thought stellas were crispy. 

Although crunchy is probably a better descriptor for Honey Browns. 

Today I'm gonna meet my kid's new teacher, and feel ambivalent. 

It turns out that they are both crispy and crunchy
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2315 on: March 14, 2008, 09:27:19 pm »

In reference to that strip's theme of Beef meeting Ray's mom, I'm still oddly formal with my friends' parents.  Moreso with the one who hired me out of college (I didn't directly work for him, but he was the big boss).  Its like I hear myself going Sir or Ma'am and using proper english while on the inside I'm saying to myself "Who is this guy talking?  Am I still in 6th grade?"
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2316 on: March 14, 2008, 09:40:50 pm »

Update: I have no matches on eHarmony. I am incompatible.
"You are empathetic and compassionate, but you also believe that it's best if people solve their own problems and learn to take care of themselves, if they are able. For people who are ruled by tender-hearted compassion, your more diplomatic response to problems might seem too cool, too focused on fairness and not filled enough with sympathy and selflessness."
Well at least honest answers to the questionnaire produced a true analysis.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 09:47:09 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2317 on: March 15, 2008, 08:23:39 am »

Today I sat a test that might determine a good chunk of my future. I think I did ok, I blew part of it majorly but overall I'm reasonably confident, but I won't find out until mid-may.
Then I voted for someone called Stephen Gay and soon there will be steak, and I may finally finish Mass Effect.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2318 on: March 15, 2008, 01:54:44 pm »

...enjoy my last weekend (for now, it's a temporary job, I swear I can quit any time) as an unemployed/working-at-home/freelance-writing-and-frog-keeping person.

By, um? Taking pugs to the vet. Digging around in closets for old uniform shirts. OK, I'm going to have to do better than that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2319 on: March 15, 2008, 03:52:20 pm »

wake up hung over as hell to the sound my guinea pigs make... like they are gnawing on glass... in my brain.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2320 on: March 16, 2008, 01:26:20 am »

Then I voted for someone called Stephen Gay
You know you're a tough son of a bitch if you make it to adulthood with a name like that.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2321 on: March 16, 2008, 03:33:04 am »

...file my taxes. 

I am a freak who still prefers the pencil-and-calculator method.  Something about Turbotax and other such newfangled phenomena makes me extremely wary.  On an intellectual level, I think they probably are a good idea, but my guts tell me that no computer is going to be able to figure out how to best apply tax law to someone's life as well the person actually living that life. 

It's the same reason I won't take my income tax to an accountant.  His knowledge of the tax systems is all well and good, but I feel that my knowledge of what actually applies to me is more important to the task. 

Also, I kind of think the forms-in-duplicate, number-two-pencil, make-each-mark-heavy-and-dark aspect of the whole thing is sort of satisfying.  I....sort of geek out about it. 

That's what I did today.  Also: took my son outside in the rain to jump in puddles.  We saw a worm! 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2322 on: March 16, 2008, 03:40:21 am »

Also, I kind of think the forms-in-duplicate, number-two-pencil, make-each-mark-heavy-and-dark aspect of the whole thing is sort of satisfying.  I....sort of geek out about it. 
You just love being our resident Geek Goddess don't you?

That's what I did today.  Also: took my son outside in the rain to jump in puddles.  We saw a worm! 
That shit be awesome.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2323 on: March 16, 2008, 03:46:37 am »

Filed my taxes yesterday.  Turbotax for about the 4th year running, and it's hell of easier than the paper and pencil way.  Something tells me JL and Pedro's taxes do not involve depreciation, capital gains or self-employment taxes, cause that #2 wouldn't look so appealing if they did.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2324 on: March 16, 2008, 04:12:51 am »

That's what I did today.  Also: took my son outside in the rain to jump in puddles.  We saw a worm! 
Was it a hookworm? Cause thats exactly how you get hookworm. One minute your jumping in puddles, the next theres a parasite feeding off your child.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 878   Go Up