Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347186 times)

0 Members and 183 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3105 on: July 22, 2008, 05:54:31 am »

so, Raleigh is way further away from Asheville than I thought. I spent 9 hours driving today because I am such a nice guy that I offered to drive my friend home. I am ready to sleep for a long time now.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3106 on: July 22, 2008, 06:23:51 am »

That's why they call them country miles, man.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3107 on: July 22, 2008, 11:38:09 am »

Driving nine hours! So hipster!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3108 on: July 22, 2008, 12:53:26 pm »

I have a job interview this afternoon.  I'm pretty nervous about it.  I'm going to try to be done being nervous about it before I get there.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3109 on: July 22, 2008, 12:53:48 pm »

Driving nine hours! So hipster!
I can't help but imagine Vlad saying that.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3110 on: July 22, 2008, 03:00:43 pm »

so, Raleigh is way further away from Asheville than I thought. I spent 9 hours driving today because I am such a nice guy that I offered to drive my friend home. I am ready to sleep for a long time now.

You were in Raleigh and you didn't call me? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3111 on: July 22, 2008, 05:16:18 pm »

I didn't know your number, I didn't save it after that time I called you to say happy birthday. Sorry.
I was there long enough to turn down gas money, lie to the guy's mom, and turn around.
(I told her I was staying with friends in Chapel Hill)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3112 on: July 22, 2008, 06:01:34 pm »

looking through my basement for some old books, I found a box entirely full of my mom's old journals. The first one was from when she was 13. I opened one random one and it was from when she was 20, and it was all full of poetry. Yikes.

Also weird: seeing her name with her maiden name, and "Junior" after it. (She has the same name as her mom, but I feel like normally girls don't do the Junior thing?)

Don't worry, I am not going to snoop. I am afraid of learning things I do not want to know.

seeing my mom's 13 year old handwriting saying "I'm going to write in you every day!!!!" was adorable. I want to give her a hug.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3113 on: July 22, 2008, 06:21:38 pm »

You should give them to her.  Even though you haven't read them she'll think you have.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3114 on: July 22, 2008, 06:24:10 pm »

I wish I could find my mom's old journals. Theres parts of her life I just never hear about - Like when she married a guy before my father. Who was in prison. For killing a dude. With an alarm clock.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3115 on: July 22, 2008, 06:48:07 pm »

I'm imagining an old-school, heavy brass one.


If it was something cheap and digital, encased in plastic - well, he must have been furious.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3116 on: July 22, 2008, 06:55:13 pm »

OMG, I want to read A-Cap's mom's old journals too.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3117 on: July 22, 2008, 06:57:43 pm »

yeah, I'm going to tell her I found them. The one I actually looked through was 90% notes for an anthropology class she took, because I am starting to think about changing my major to anthro?
the one from when she was 20, I stopped when I saw a note that was like "I am going to write everything in you, even really bad stuff, so I hope you will not judge me harshly."
to me this means "close this book right now, son."

I also found boxes of pictures I took with disposable cameras in the 90s. WEIRD.
Including a picture of my cabin when I was a camper at the camp I work at now. Um. There is a picture of my counselor sitting on his bunk, and that is the exact bunk I am sleeping in for the next session. Weird.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3118 on: July 22, 2008, 07:02:24 pm »

Inev, STEP AWAY FROM THE JOURNALS.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3119 on: July 22, 2008, 07:10:58 pm »

I hate cars. I took mine in to the dealer for the free oil change and of course they found over $600 worth of other stuff that needs doing. I said no and am going to take it to a little garage that comes highly recommended, mainly because they only charge for actual labor done instead of hour-increments.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 878   Go Up