Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343663 times)

0 Members and 155 Guests are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4410 on: April 01, 2009, 06:37:28 am »

Two capitalist pigs, one prole?
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4411 on: April 02, 2009, 02:33:31 pm »

two frilly aristocrats, one crusty peasant
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4412 on: April 03, 2009, 11:32:00 am »

Two young republicans, one national deficit?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4413 on: April 03, 2009, 01:29:19 pm »

What about five wiseass bastards, one TOUAMB thread? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4414 on: April 03, 2009, 05:03:50 pm »

One arachno capitalist, one handle smirnoff, one friday afternoon.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4415 on: April 03, 2009, 08:50:00 pm »

Two Men and a Baby...

One Riot one Ranger.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4416 on: April 03, 2009, 11:12:26 pm »

"Adventureland" is pretty awesome.

Mostly because I always like movies about recent college grads realizing they are lost and confused.
Also it used a Replacements song I love in a way that was really fantastic,
it was about having a crappy job and meeting a cool girl you like,
and there was this line where he explains his virginity with a line about how he had chances, something just always came up. I laughed very hard at that, for some reason, I don't know.

Anyway, I enjoyed it.
Also, why do girls with far-away boyfriends always like me so much. This is getting ridiculous.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4417 on: April 04, 2009, 02:49:44 am »

Today I'm gonna try to stay up late enough to see if he posts a strip today, and then give up and go to bed at 11, rationalizing that it is better to get strips on a weekend when most other comics don't update anyway.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4418 on: April 04, 2009, 06:58:45 am »

how far away, inev? because over 100 miles = make a move. long distance don't work. take a risk, you might get some play from it
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4419 on: April 04, 2009, 05:26:22 pm »

On film sets, they have the "x Miles Rule"... people have different mileage for it depending on the people but generally, some people believe that if you're working a job so far away that you're not sleeping in your own bed for weeks and months, it's not cheating.

Of course, this has nothing to do with you, because they can smell indecision on you so it is harmless to flirt with you.

Your inaction has made you less than a man to them. They can smell it. Understand this.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4420 on: April 04, 2009, 06:24:24 pm »

Speaking as someone who spent many years in a long distance relationship, SHAME on both of you.

Inev, apparently you have plenty of single women throwing themselves at you and you do nothing about it. There is no excuse to choose one who has a boyfriend to break that pattern with, OK?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4421 on: April 04, 2009, 10:50:07 pm »

Speaking as someone who spent many years in a long distance relationship, SHAME on both of you.

Inev, apparently you have plenty of single women throwing themselves at you and you do nothing about it. There is no excuse to choose one who has a boyfriend to break that pattern with, OK?

I'm not backing the x-miles rule but I'm calling bullshit on this sentiment. If She is coming onto Him how is it his fault? Is she not as much of an adult as he is and not able to make her own decisions about her relationship? Where does he get off telling her what is right and wrong for her?
That said if cuckolding a dude isn't something you're cool with (and yeah, I generally wouldn't be either) then that's your call. I just always hate the way the person not in the relationship gets blamed in these sorts of situations, the 'they stole my boy/girlfriend' sentiment makes me want to bust heads.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4422 on: April 04, 2009, 11:25:42 pm »

By refusing to participate with her in the activity of cheating on her boyfriend, the person not in the relationship makes the choice not to be a dick to a stranger. I was of the impression that we were all supporters of this approach to life.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4423 on: April 04, 2009, 11:32:08 pm »

Quote
Inev, apparently you have plenty of single women throwing themselves at you and you do nothing about it. There is no excuse to choose one who has a boyfriend to break that pattern with, OK?

I do not actually have any single women throwing themselves at me, but I agree with this judgment.
Also, my parents dated for like 5 years long-distance, and both had people telling them "long distance things never work," so I am sympathetic to the idea.

I do not want to be That Guy, especially as someone who has been cheated on. Also, as a person who tries not to be a dick to people.



Last night we hung out with my friend's girlfriend, who is a Spaniard. We spent the night telling her jokes in English that she had never heard. It was pretty fantastic.

She told us a joke which is my new favorite:
So this playmobil guy goes into a restaurant and asks for a Fanta. The waiter says, "oh, do you want grape fanta or orange? we have both." The playmobil man says "actually, I don't really care, I'm just going to throw it over my shoulder anyway."

This was especially funny to me because playmobil toys were 90% of my childhood, and I remember being frustrated by their lack of elbows.
Also: based on the picture I linked to, they have phased out the heads that allow hats to stay on, in favor of weird helmet-hair.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 11:37:10 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4424 on: April 04, 2009, 11:46:27 pm »

By refusing to participate with her in the activity of cheating on her boyfriend, the person not in the relationship makes the choice not to be a dick to a stranger. I was of the impression that we were all supporters of this approach to life.
I agree, but it bugs me that the socially accepted impulse seems to be to put it all on them. As if, if it is all the non-relationship person's fault then the relationship person can be totally forgiven and the relationship can move on as if nothing happened.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 878   Go Up