Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343228 times)

0 Members and 184 Guests are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4905 on: July 20, 2009, 06:26:39 am »

Its okay to rock out.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4906 on: July 20, 2009, 11:06:39 pm »

Get an invite to Google Voice and try in vain to choose an awesome phone number.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4907 on: July 20, 2009, 11:35:17 pm »

Get an invite to Google Voice and try in vain to choose an awesome phone number.

Do you get any invites?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4908 on: July 21, 2009, 12:01:49 am »

Do you get any invites?

Not sure yet. It won't let me log the whole way in until I choose a number. Which is proving very difficult. It seems like they only have numbers with lots of ones and zeros available.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4909 on: July 21, 2009, 02:17:13 am »

Do you get any invites?

Turns out: No.

I just went to google.com/voice and requested an invite like 10 days ago, so you might give that a shot.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4910 on: July 21, 2009, 02:24:10 am »

What was that thing Paul just said lately? Oh yeah.
Quote
Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4911 on: July 21, 2009, 02:35:05 am »

What was that thing Paul just said lately? Oh yeah.

Well it was originally called Grand Central before Google bought them out.

It give you a single phone number. When people call it it rings your house, cell, and work phones all at once. You can also set up schedules (so your work phone doesn't bother ringing on weekends), have certain people only ring on certain phones, or have certain people always go straight to VM.

It'll also transcribe voice mails and e-mail them to you, with varying accuracy. You can also listen to them online and other cool stuff.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4912 on: July 21, 2009, 02:41:25 am »

I was pretty excited when I got my invitation but then realized I only have one phone anyway. I'll have to try some of those other features. And give the number out.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4913 on: July 21, 2009, 02:46:39 am »

I was pretty excited when I got my invitation but then realized I only have one phone anyway. I'll have to try some of those other features. And give the number out.

Cell reception at my desk at work sucks. I get 1 bar if I'm lucky (and that's with 3 different phones over 2 carriers). So this is a lot easier than telling people, "Call me on my cell, unless it's a workday and not around lunchtime then call my desk, but if I don't pick up there then try my cell anyway..."
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4914 on: July 21, 2009, 01:13:45 pm »

Ah, no thanks. This is like the suggestion that I could have all my email addresses forward to one place.  I have different numbers and addresses on purposes. What little work-life balance I have is based on is making sure that certain people can only contact me through certain phone numbers and certain email addresses.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4915 on: July 21, 2009, 01:22:43 pm »

You people still get phone calls?
Huh.
Cute.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4916 on: July 21, 2009, 04:45:20 pm »

yeah, that is a cute little thing.

I have too many email addresses, and everything is forwarded to my gmail except for "work" (radio-station) stuff. I get so many damn spam emails a day on that account, plus way too many emails that I probably should read but don't.


today I woke up an hour late for class, only to find that everyone has stopped going... so it was REALLY obvious when I walked in at what I hoped was a good moment. Urgh.

also: crossed some sort of line, as a girl I know is posted on vanity fair's blog as a "hipster specimen."
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 07:38:22 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4917 on: July 22, 2009, 02:04:26 am »

Yeah, there's definitely some sort of line there.

I'm gonna be doing a military funeral over the next two days. The guy's parents are divorced, so of course we have to do two separate funerals in two separate towns.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4918 on: July 22, 2009, 02:06:52 am »

I'm gonna be doing a military funeral over the next two days. The guy's parents are divorced, so of course we have to do two separate funerals in two separate towns.

Oh man, that really is the saddest thing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4919 on: July 22, 2009, 02:09:05 am »

That is multi-level sad.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 878   Go Up