Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343662 times)

0 Members and 155 Guests are viewing this topic.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5610 on: October 23, 2009, 10:27:36 pm »

I was scheduled for a GP visit regarding hearing loss.  Tinnitus mostly.  Sounds like autumn in Georgia in my head at the moment.  Wife needs the car though, so I had to reschedule.  I hope its just wax - sporting a hearing aid is not very rock n' roll. (Or is it?)
Not a single word of that entire statement is very rock 'n' roll.

Not necessarily a bad thing....
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5611 on: October 23, 2009, 11:05:20 pm »

sporting a hearing aid is not very rock n' roll. (Or is it?)
Hearing aids are de rigeur for the rock 'n' roll set...due to decibel-triggered hearing loss.  And aging rock stars.  http://www.healthyhearing.com/articles/28798-so-you-want-to
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5612 on: October 24, 2009, 12:25:29 am »

Do you take a lot of aspirin or ibuprofen? If so, stop. That's what was causing it for me.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5613 on: October 24, 2009, 01:43:26 am »

Nope, I am relatively drug free these days.  My dad has terrible hearing, but he was a machinists mate in the Navy and spent his youth driving race cars, so there are circumstances for him.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5614 on: October 24, 2009, 04:33:38 am »

...bubble-butt Boliquas come my way

look, i dont need any competition.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5615 on: October 24, 2009, 11:48:49 am »

Is he wrestling a giant sharpei?

Pretty sure that's Humbaba, "whose face is like coiled entrails". So yeah, basically.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5616 on: October 24, 2009, 03:07:16 pm »

Pretty sure that's Humbaba, "whose face is like coiled entrails". So yeah, basically.

I am imagining Helen Thomas's face on The Rock's body.

This is how I conceptualize Humbaba.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5617 on: October 24, 2009, 11:18:20 pm »

..."whose face is like coiled entrails"....

thats effin gross.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5618 on: October 25, 2009, 02:20:36 am »

...go to the Zombie Walk with Bobby and Mrs. Isoceles.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5619 on: October 25, 2009, 02:24:43 am »

...go to the Zombie Walk with Bobby and Mrs. Isoceles.
We just had a Zombie Pub Crawl here in the Twin Cities last week.  Good stuff.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5620 on: October 25, 2009, 02:37:53 am »

the missus went to atlanta's a few weeks ago, got a few good pics
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5621 on: October 25, 2009, 09:17:14 am »

Today I did not get to go to the Zombie walk because I had to drive an over-heating car for five hours. I guess this is thematically correct because I was fairly zombie-like at the ed of it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5622 on: October 25, 2009, 03:36:28 pm »

Today I did not get to go to the Zombie walk because I had to drive an over-heating car for five hours. I guess this is thematically correct because I was fairly zombie-like at the ed of it.
Do you and the Isosceles and Wombat all live in the same town?
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5623 on: October 25, 2009, 03:45:13 pm »

I think Doc lives as far away as is possible to still be on the same planet, actually.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5624 on: October 25, 2009, 05:50:46 pm »

Flip the fuck out upon finding out about "Sombras sobre Lisboa" (Shadows Over Lisbon), a collection of stories in the vein of Lovecraft, but, you  know, in Portugal. It seems the dudes really explored Portugal's rich history:

"You will know what were the horrors witnessed by the Phoenicians at the margins of the Tejo... what made the moors invade the peninsula... the creatures the caravels found in their voyages of discovery... the true reason for the 1755 earthquake... The strange cults Eça de Queiroz fought..."

I need this item in my life, like, now. Goddammit Portuguese people, stop being so damn cute...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 05:59:45 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 878   Go Up