get back from Chicago. Did not get shot. Her dad actually said "don't worry, I didn't bring my gun along" when we met them for dinner.
this was less funny when later she said "oh, the reason he said that is that I told them you were terrified of them, and that you kept making jokes about his gun."
why would you tell them that?
I basically acted like an insane, nervous loser. They apparently liked me, though. I have never felt so nervous when meeting anyone's parents... it was bizarre.
We went to the Field Museum, which was awesome, and saw some of her childhood haunts around the suburb where she lives, and then had delicious dinner at her aunt's restaurant and then saw a show at Second City.
her dad kind of rubs me the wrong way and I do not know why. her mom is very nice and pretty. her brother wanted to play Call of Duty with me, but I did not have time.
Apparently the correct answer to "what's the speed limiit, daniel?" was not "well, it depends on the road."
also had a great "what kind of job do you expect to get with a degree in anthropology?" moment where both my girlfriend and her mother said "OH COME ON!"
so, yeah. now I have met her parents. school started today but I had no classes, so I am cleaning my house.