Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349613 times)

0 Members and 158 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8970 on: January 17, 2011, 03:48:19 pm »

one of my coworkers said that I give off a really strong 'I don't give a single shit" vibe lately.


Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8971 on: January 17, 2011, 06:50:44 pm »

Sorry guys, but today I really needed to give The Mayor a thousand cans for that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8972 on: January 17, 2011, 07:11:34 pm »

Wait, don't you people have a holiday today?  Are you complaining on a day off?  If so, it's fuck you Monday for me.  From my desk.  At work.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8973 on: January 17, 2011, 07:29:26 pm »

I am at my day job today, and I ordered lunch and it was 12 dollars instead of 8 dollars because no lunch specials on the holiday and they didn't tell me that till I picked it up and had to pay for it. So the holiday is WORSE than useless.

Then I have to go home and write an article, and respond to the disaster area that is the edits on my book. Or else spend the rest of the afternoon gnashing my teeth and rending my garments about these tasks until I do them tomorrow.  No day off for me.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8974 on: January 17, 2011, 07:47:26 pm »

Sorry guys, but today I really needed to give The Mayor a thousand cans for that.

AT LAST!  VALIDATION!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8975 on: January 17, 2011, 07:50:39 pm »

I would like to register a formal complaint that, as a mostly-stay-at-home mom, a holiday for everyone else = more work for me. Especially since today is the first day since last Thursday that I've felt good enough to care that my house is a disaster.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8976 on: January 17, 2011, 08:13:56 pm »

Wait, don't you people have a holiday today?  Are you complaining on a day off?  If so, it's fuck you Monday for me.  From my desk.  At work.

The government is closed but only 30% of companies give the day off (up from 15% when the holiday started in the mid-80s). My work didn't give it off until a couple years ago when a bunch of people basically called HR racist. It's the only holiday where we don't close early the (Fri)day before though.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8977 on: January 17, 2011, 08:48:21 pm »

Sorry guys, but today I really needed to give The Mayor a thousand cans for that.

Someone is stinking drunk with power.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8978 on: January 17, 2011, 09:07:12 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8979 on: January 17, 2011, 09:31:11 pm »

Someone is stinking drunk with power.

This reminds me the other thing I meant to post in this thread:

.... finally understand WHY WRITERS DRINK.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8980 on: January 17, 2011, 09:55:40 pm »

Today. Man, it's just like college. fuck*ng procrastinator, is what I am. HEY ME, you're not going to improve your situation spending half your day off streaming Da Vinci's Inquest on Netflix, or downloading music, or doing whatever it is you do.

Anyway, just frustrated. Hating work dreading some exams and having difficulty knowing what to do next.

Edit: Oh yeah, got backed into in a parking lot Friday night, and the fucker takes off! Got his plates and descriptions and all that and fuck yes I filed a report. Thing that sucks for him is that I'm a reasonable dude, I don't give two fucks about a few scrapes on my car so if the damage was minor enough (and it was) I most likely would have just said fuck it (unless the guy was a total douche, which seems likely) but he drove off! I don't want to cause trouble for other reasonable dudes if it can be avoided, but fuck THIS guy.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 10:03:08 pm by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8981 on: January 18, 2011, 02:21:07 pm »

...get a police escort to my daughter's preschool, thanks to a hard-ass suburban cop and a set of expired tags on my minivan.

He was nice enough to follow me to the school so she wouldn't be late, but when I got back to the car after taking her inside he was standing there with a citation for $168 and a court date.

Fuck.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8982 on: January 18, 2011, 02:32:37 pm »

...get a police escort to my daughter's preschool, thanks to a hard-ass suburban cop and a set of expired tags on my minivan.

He was nice enough to follow me to the school so she wouldn't be late, but when I got back to the car after taking her inside he was standing there with a citation for $168 and a court date.

Fuck.

You're just having a stellar week, huh?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8983 on: January 18, 2011, 03:20:14 pm »

Did I mention the tags have only been expired for three days?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8984 on: January 18, 2011, 03:39:13 pm »

So that's like 50 dollars a day.

Must be nice to be a cop in a place where there is so little crime that you can take the time to notice the dates on people's tags.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 878   Go Up