Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344314 times)

0 Members and 158 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9255 on: February 26, 2011, 03:09:34 am »

Here's what it looks like during the day.

The little bumpiness at the end is me fending off a polar bear attack.

Holy crap I'm glad I'm not there!

What's it like in the summer?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9256 on: February 26, 2011, 04:02:13 am »

The warmest it gets is into the 80s. The wind will blow periodically in the summer, as well, making everything very dusty. The bugs are horrendous. Actually, you can go into the modules and buildings out on the wellpads and look where the air intakes are, and there will be mounds of dead bugs, tens of thousands of them, in piles where the air enters the building.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9257 on: February 26, 2011, 04:03:32 am »

What's it like in the summer?

the same, except the polar bears wear open-toed shoes.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9258 on: February 26, 2011, 09:52:05 pm »

Anybody wonders what makes me tick (tic?), they should know that I think this comic is very funny.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9259 on: March 02, 2011, 04:55:33 pm »

Today I will learn about Tardigrades. Good times - I really enjoy their conservation status on that page!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9260 on: March 02, 2011, 04:59:58 pm »

... have to reinstall after effects.  hell and damn no! [[grumble]]

(at least it fixed the issue.  i dont have too much to complain about...)
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9261 on: March 03, 2011, 03:02:59 am »

... step on and break my awesome new phone in a rush to get dressed and out the door to meet the missus at a function partially in her honor. there goes two fifty oh and oh also i got there just as it ended.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9262 on: March 03, 2011, 03:54:01 am »

... step on and break my awesome new phone in a rush to get dressed and out the door to meet the missus at a function partially in her honor. there goes two fifty oh and oh also i got there just as it ended.

I am sorry for your loss.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9263 on: March 03, 2011, 04:14:11 am »

oh it all turned out okay, we had a nice date and i still have my old phone. but thanks!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9264 on: March 03, 2011, 05:05:16 am »

Today I saw this:


Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9265 on: March 03, 2011, 05:09:54 am »

Is that a conference room in a modular unit which is in the middle of a stark Arctic wasteland?

surreal.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9266 on: March 04, 2011, 01:17:24 am »

That is the coolest fuck*ng conference room Ive seen in a long time. Its like something a siberian arms dealer would use to move dirty nukes.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9267 on: March 04, 2011, 01:34:08 pm »

...officially launch my New Blog Project. I do still want to interview some of you, but my March is full. I'll be in touch with the ones who have volunteered.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9268 on: March 04, 2011, 02:54:25 pm »

I think I volunteered way back when. That offer is still open, FWIW.

Me, I go home today. My lovely wife is terribly ill right now. Hopefully she will get plenty of rest today.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9269 on: March 07, 2011, 05:57:45 pm »

... step on and break my awesome new phone in a rush to get dressed and out the door to meet the missus at a function partially in her honor. there goes two fifty oh and oh also i got there just as it ended.

and everything went better than expected. i got to exchange it for a new identical device because the awesome woman who runs the phones desk where i bought the broken one couldn't diagnose the issue ;)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 878   Go Up