FUCK this shit. I rallied my guts enough to manage not to ask someone else to pick up my Girlface from school today, thinking if I could just hold my own long enough for the 30-minute round trip it would save someone else in my life a world of hassle. Especially since Pedro had a big meeting this afternoon to prep for, and my mom would have been willing but my Dad came home from work at 9 AM apparently suffering from the same thing the rest of us have had. (Blurgh, more guilt.)
So I stopped off for gas on the way, and since Pedro had his panties in a wad about my electrolytes I popped in the c-store for some Gatorade. When I came back out, my engine turned over just fine, but when I put it in gear, it shut off. Nine times. I called Pedro in a panic, and he *still* had to leave work, race to Girlface's school (he was late), bring her home, and race back to work in time for his 1 PM meeting. But since I had attempted to do things myself, it ALSO meant he had to drive 5 minutes out of his way to get MY stranded ass.
It would have been easier for everyone if I'd just stayed in bed this morning. And now we've got yet another car repair that we can't afford.
fuck*ng fuck.