Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349606 times)

0 Members and 158 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9780 on: May 21, 2011, 02:30:00 pm »

Today was my last day in Brisbane before I head back to the sticks for another two months.
I spent time with my grandmother and father, nursed an epic hang-over, saw a screening of Citizen Kane and ate a 1kg burrito.

I feel none of these things are as awesome as having a stripper pole on my car but damnit, Paul, I'm trying.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9781 on: May 21, 2011, 04:23:33 pm »

A 1 kg burrito.  Sorry Doc, but I pity anyone who is your traveling companion.

Today I'm gonna eat cupcakes for breakfast while watching a download of the most recent episode of the United States of Tara.

Also, it is a long weekend here in Canada, and I've declared it "the weekend to end procrastination" which shall include:  dealing with boring documentation in order to change name on medical card, health claims, credit car and passport to married name (yeah, I've put that off over 2.5 yrs), dealing with taxes bullshit (they were due in April, but what ev.  I likely get back a small amount as usual so no big deal), pricing out the cheapest vet for heart worm, flea and distemper treatment (meant to deal with that earlier), vacuuming (probably will procrastinate on this a little more), and a whole bunch of other shit.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9782 on: May 22, 2011, 06:19:58 pm »

Canucks and Sharks - in HD! Also, during that, Les Paul on my new Marshall practice amp. Sorry, neighbors!

Yesterday we got new crashes, a new throne, and a new snare stand.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9783 on: May 23, 2011, 03:19:48 am »

yeah, also, you need an undergraduate degree in architecture. All of my friends who graduated with that degree are doing things like waiting tables, or volunteering at the STL Landmarks Association (basically the Preservation Society).

I am considering urban planning or something like that. I need to take the GRE.

My dad, after a solid year of me talking about this stuff, commented that he knows the guy who is the head of the Federal Housing Something Something. So I guess that is worth looking into.

I am mad because I got really excited about these paid Department of Housing and Urban Development internships, and then I realized you have to be a currently enrolled student to do them. Boo.

My brother-in-law has a biology undergrad degree and he did his MA in Landscape Architecture in 2 years and got a job in the field before he graduated. Sure, the job market sucks for architects, but it sucks for everyone just starting out.

I dunno, you just are always talking about all the cool old buildings in STL, I figured you'd love studying it for real, do what you love, find your passion and all that jazz. To me, there is very little difference between working at a grocery store with an anthro degree you don't know what to do with and working at a restaurant with an architecture degree you can't yet use.

Just a thought.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9784 on: May 23, 2011, 05:36:19 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9785 on: May 23, 2011, 01:24:35 pm »

I won the Coveted Brother Bryan Bryan Memorial Award.

Is that the award for the raddest artcar dude in Houston?  'Cause I'd say it's overdue.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9786 on: May 23, 2011, 01:51:08 pm »

Is that the award for the raddest artcar dude in Houston?

Basically yes.  The award is given to the H.A.C.K. (Houston Art Car Klub) member who "Walks the walk and talks the talk" of artcars and is voted on by the members of the Klub.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9787 on: May 23, 2011, 02:30:43 pm »

How do you not win that award every year?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9788 on: May 23, 2011, 07:43:12 pm »

How do you not win that award every year?

I am the award's eighth recipient.  They gave it out for the first time the first year that I got involved in artcars.  The first recipient was Rebecca Bass who as a high school art teacher every year builds a car with her students.  The next year the award went to Nicole Strine who has been an artcar daily driver for over 20 years.  She's now also the president of the K.L.U.B.  The next winner was Bryan Taylor who has been described as the George Baily of Houston.  He co-founded and led H.A.C.K. for 16 years.  The only reason it took 3 years for him to win is because he recused himself from consideration because of his position as H.A.C.K. president.  Kenny Browning won next.  Kenny is the ring leader of BFH (Bastards from Hell) his crew which drive these really cool stand up scooters.  He also has a party boat (trailer) that he pulls behind his artcar filled with as many as 20-25 people.  He's also a former street skater and champion skate jouster.  In '08 Shelley Buschur won the trophy.  She's been making artcars for many years and her daily driver car is a political statement (formerly anti Bush, now anti war, which is a pretty bold stand in a conservative city such as Houston).  Then Ben Gibson won for being a great helper to his fellow man and artcar artist.  And last year the award went to Johnny Rojas who always volunteers in a big way to serve the artcar community.  Hell, he made the trophy. 

And this year they gave it to me.  I really can't believe it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9789 on: May 24, 2011, 05:19:50 am »

...apologize for being on here a lot less but I've thrown myself way into finally doing a second mini-comic.

Five pages inked and my left hand is numb for totally non-erotic reasons.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9790 on: May 24, 2011, 07:18:23 am »

Rock on, Paul & sMets. Today I'm going to hang out with Mom.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9791 on: May 24, 2011, 05:59:03 pm »

today my roommates are leaving on a road trip to Baltimore, NYC, and Boston. Fuck. Having a job sucks.

Living with two unemployed dudes is going to drive me insane.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9792 on: May 24, 2011, 06:01:47 pm »

Gonna put my name in at the club for a second go-around.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9793 on: May 24, 2011, 09:20:23 pm »

Yea, we broke the last comictician, and need a new one.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9794 on: May 24, 2011, 10:43:35 pm »

Today I am going to begin my first night-shift hitch since '00 or so. Thankfully it's pretty slow. I should try to take a nap.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 878   Go Up