Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346989 times)

0 Members and 199 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1815 on: January 22, 2008, 06:02:34 pm »

Football has its own thread, Nab, y'see.

And even though you invested smartly and safely, a crash sinks everyone who doesn't have the advisors and the capital and the cynicism to get out early before the fall.

Even though smart long-term investing is not the con-job that speculation, when the daytraders and the houseflipper fuck shit up enough, basically everything goes down the toilet with it. A bubble was created through cynical market manipulation preying on naive optimism but... yeah, when it pops, anything within the vicinity goes.

It definitely sucks but if there's any consolation, it is definitely clear who is to blame and stuff.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1816 on: January 22, 2008, 06:03:33 pm »

Football has its own thread, Nab, y'see.

That's because football doesn't suck.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1817 on: January 22, 2008, 06:26:38 pm »

Best of luck to you and yours, JL. It is my hope that the wee one is born easily, peacefully, and soon.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1818 on: January 22, 2008, 06:30:57 pm »

I'm pretty sure that Things will be ok, LFM. When you start talking politics and economics, I just get visions of fat white guys with cigars, pocket watches, and top hats. I chuckle to myself, and move on.



Also JL, best of luck with the baby. I'm pulling for you, hope everything comes out ok.

Sorry.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1819 on: January 22, 2008, 06:32:28 pm »

JL, if anyone can successfully have a perfectly good baby in a hospital lobby, you're it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1820 on: January 22, 2008, 11:23:35 pm »

... stay home from work with a chest cold.  Which is lucky, because it turns out the payment I thought went through for my internet service actually didn't do anything.  Hooray for ISPs who can't make a functional website!

Also I plan to make soup.  Yum.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1821 on: January 22, 2008, 11:24:51 pm »

Economics split off here.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1822 on: January 22, 2008, 11:49:14 pm »

Today I'm gonna be glad that I'm still in my early 20s and have my health. I have a little bit stashed in a mutual fund, but I really don't pay attention to it.

Also: "you are a salt-miner." That is classic. A-CAP needs another avatar,such as:

" width="200" height="400
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1823 on: January 23, 2008, 12:14:13 am »

... find out there is this thing, this Google Calendar thing, and it is cool. I like it.

For the first time in my life, I am putting the things I need to plan ahead for on a calendar. Holy shit.
I also bought a watch this weekend.

good thing I wore dirty clothes today because I forgot to do laundry... otherwise I'd be worried.

edit: holy crap, I can put CONCERTS on there too! Maybe in a different color, that would be rad.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 12:20:18 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1824 on: January 23, 2008, 12:22:18 am »

... find out there is this thing, this Google Calendar thing, and it is cool. I like it.

For the first time in my life, I am putting the things I need to plan ahead for on a calendar. Holy shit.

My wife and I started using the Yahoo calendar just recently, because I guess I am old enough to where it's all I can do to remember to put on trousers in the morning. It's pretty cool in that we can both access the same calendar and put stuff on it and everything, but they have some things that are stupid. I can put on a repeating item that is once a week, or every two weeks, or whatever - but I cannot put on a item that repeats the same day of the month. If my wife has a class Mondays and Wednesdays, I cannot do that, but I can do M, W, & F. Hmm. Is google better?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 12:31:49 am by Nabubrush drinks (a lot) »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1825 on: January 23, 2008, 12:30:19 am »

I discovered google calendar last year and used it to plan out a holiday that didn't actually end up happening, but damn it is a cool little application.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1826 on: January 23, 2008, 12:33:22 am »

Today I'm going to wonder why Bozack is still a moderator of "Wild Card".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1827 on: January 23, 2008, 12:35:29 am »

He's still a mod of History also.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1828 on: January 23, 2008, 12:44:20 am »

no, it doesn't let you do slightly odd repetition patterns.
the options are:
daily
monthly
weekdays
every mon/wed/fri
tu/thurs
weekly
yearly

I just figured out I can put things into different categories with different colors. Rad.
But for some reason there is not really an easy way to do that, unless you do it at the time you create the event. I decided I wanted to make Concerts a different color, and I had to go through every single one I had typed in and switch it to be part of my "Shows" calendar rather than my General one. By clicking on it, and going to "edit event details," and then switch it.
There is also not a way to change the colors of items arbitrarily (ie, other than putting them on a separate "calendar" which still shows up on your main calendar.)
So, I have to either make a separate calendar called, I don't know, "events" and put such as Spring Break, Last Day of Classes, etc on that, or make them the same color as school assignments and exams. Lame. I guess it is kind of like how you can't make folders in gmail?

google docs is also pretty rad.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #1829 on: January 23, 2008, 01:09:53 am »

I'm sure this has been covered, but I get a perverse enjoyment out of getting pissed that technology can't do certain things when things are tearing along so fast as it is. Best example is bitching about storage on my iPod when I can already carry around in a box the size of a cigarette pack basically every album that everyone in my family owned when I was in high school.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 878   Go Up