Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Jon Lovitz is my new hero  (Read 6454 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« on: July 17, 2007, 04:00:06 pm »

Oh, who am I kidding, he's always been my hero.  But now that he beat the crap out of Andy Dick I feel like I need to find him and shake his hand/buy him a beer.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 04:56:08 pm »

Wow.  That almost makes up for the awful Subway commercials.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 05:14:28 pm »

Damn.  I had no idea Dick was so aptly named.  I found his character on News Radio amusing.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 05:55:01 pm »

I found his character on News Radio amusing.

Yeah, I cut him a lot of slack for a long time because he was associated with The Second Best Show Ever On Television, but the more I hear about him as a person, the more I just want him to go ahead and overdose already. 
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 06:17:05 pm »

Yeah, I cut him a lot of slack for a long time because he was associated with The Second Best Show Ever On Television, but the more I hear about him as a person, the more I just want him to go ahead and overdose already. 

Hearing him on the commentaries just makes me like the character less, unfortunately. For anybody out there wondering, the NewsRadio commentaries are actually pretty bad and not really worth the time.
Logged

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 06:39:20 pm »

Wow, I've always hated Jon Lovitz (in that way that you hate people you don't know who do things better than you but not as well as you've come to expect).  It's good to know he can do more than one thing.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 06:47:43 pm »

I bet Lovitz only pretended to attack him.





ACTING!
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 07:02:12 pm »

Dude's The Critic and... that's all I need to know.

Jon Lovitz rocks for being The Critic. He would basically have to try and exterminate an ethnic group for me to dislike the guy who gave us The Critic. Maybe the most underrated half-hour comedy of all time.

This said, a buddy of mine worked on "Less Than Perfect" and said that Andy Dick was one of the few actors on that set who WASN'T a colossal douchebag, who was spacey and flakey but basically a nice guy who didn't mistreat the assistants and stuff.

That other than the fact that, yes, he's a drug addict with a harem of barely-legal boys, he's a solid guy as actors go and... all the really outlandish stuff is the dude pretending to get in the papers.

And like at least the boys actually ARE legal, y'know?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 07:08:21 pm »

I bet Lovitz only pretended to attack him.





ACTING!

He did it to impress his wife, Morgan Fairchild.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 10:39:43 pm »

I think it's kinda shitty to blame Dick for Hartman's death.  Is it his job to keep Hartman's wife sober?  If she hadn't gotten the coke from Dick she would have gotten it from somewhere else.  Also, is it reasonable to assume that if someone does coke they are going to go on a murder spree?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 12:25:03 am »

You joke too close to the bone and maybe you're going to see some blood. I've hit people 'till they pissed themselves for less.

I'm done posting around here. Jesus, he might come to my house!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 05:39:39 am »

I can only imagine he kicked Andy Dick's ass while shouting "Buy my book! Buy my book!"

Either way, I'm glad someone did it. I've always despised Andy Dick.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 11:42:23 pm »

I've always been pro-Lovitz. This just confirms that the decision was the correct one.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 07:42:44 pm »

I think it's kinda shitty to blame Dick for Hartman's death.  Is it his job to keep Hartman's wife sober?  If she hadn't gotten the coke from Dick she would have gotten it from somewhere else.  Also, is it reasonable to assume that if someone does coke they are going to go on a murder spree?

But she didn't and there is no way to prove she would have. This post bugs me (and you know, Paul, it's not personal) because it disallows that there is any personal responsibility for an illegal and immoral act. Legality aside, if you care about a person in recovery you just don't do that sort of thing. Doing it is the selgiraffe act of a self-loathing addict who doesn't want to descend into his spiral alone. That is just plain shitty and completely disregarding of a fellow human being and a family. But some people are just that callow and empty. Boo to them.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 08:19:09 pm »

But she did.  I'm pretty certain that's the entire basis for the conflict between the two celebrities.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up