Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Jon Lovitz is my new hero  (Read 6447 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 02:59:26 am »

My point was that she didn't get it from 'elsewhere' and there's no way to demonstrate that she could have, placing the responsibility which you seem to desperately want to deflect away squarely on Andy Dick. It's a crap dude move no matter what to offer a recovering addict drugs, and the only reasons that exist for that are selgiraffe ones like those I already mentioned. It's just not done.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 03:55:10 am »

I nominate AlohaDawg to "finish the job", so to speak.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 04:02:54 am »

Andy Dick is more or less a bargain-basement, shitty version of Andy Kaufman. Fuck that guy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 06:25:46 am »

Wasn't Dick partying around with some other actor with substance issues shortly before he hung his ass in a Vegas hotel room? I didn't know about the Hartman wife thing but given the track history of dude I might be a little PO'd at a hex comment too.

As it is, I got no problem with Lovitz popping Dick around. Sometime you play grab-ass you eat shit.

Quote from: Wikipedia
David Strickland suffered from bipolar disorder and had a history of drug and alcohol abuse. He was arrested in October 1998 for the possession of cocaine, pleaded no contest in December and was sentenced to 36 months probation and ordered into rehabilitation. He was due in court on the day of his death for a progress report.

News reports of events leading up to his death, at the age of 29, suggest that he had chosen to stop taking the lithium he was prescribed to control his bipolar disorder. He spent the last three days of his life on an alcohol and drug binge with a friend, actor Andy Dick.

As a minor defense for Mr Dick, he's probably pretty sensitive about people dying because of him and drugs. It's hard to believe he thought he was doing people a favor in either case, though.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 06:32:08 am »

God I hate being put in the position of defending Andy fuck*ng Dick.  All we know about this situation is what has been reported by Jon Lovitz.  It's being portrayed like Andy Dick enticed her to do something that she didn't really want to do.  As if he purposely tried to fuck up her life.  For all we know Andy and the rest of the cokeheads were doing lines or whatever in the bathroom as they typically do when along comes Brynn Hartman.  Hey, I want to do a line?  Sure.  Who is gonna say no in that situation?.  We don't know anything about the relationship between the two.  Maybe Dick wasn't even aware of her problem.  And even if he did, he's not the boss of her.  What's he gonna say?  I'm sorry Brynn, we are doing coke here, but Jon Lovitz said you can't have any.  And even if he had known about her problems not he or Jon Lovitz or anyone else one could have foreseen what would transpire 5 months later.

I'm sorry, Andy Dick may be a subhuman, I don't know much about him, but given what we know it's retarded to blame him for Phil Hartman's death.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 06:46:53 am »

The main problem with Andy Dick is that he's just not that funny.

I mean, kill people if you want, but you need to bring the funny.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 12:00:32 pm »

The main problem with Andy Dick is I am not sure I even know who he is.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 01:33:47 pm »

The main problem with Andy Dick is I am not sure I even know who he is.

The only thing he ever did worth knowing about was playing the spaz on NewsRadio.

Well, and I guess parts of The Ben Stiller Show were OK.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 02:22:42 pm »

Yeah, you can't really blame anyone but the users for what they put in their body.  I mean, does anyone think Dick put the stuff directly under her nose then punched her in the gut to force her to inhale?  No.  He might have inticed her, but a person with a substance abuse problem who puts themselves at a party with a bunch of people who are known to use the substances the person is trying to avoid has much more ownership in the problem.  I mean, I've had friends in recovery who've been in a fragile state where they can't handle even being near substances, but then it becomes their responsibility to investigate situations before they get into them to ensure they're not endangering their sobriety.  You can blame it on the dealer, you can blame it on Andy Dick, you can blame it on the rain, but in truth Hartman's wife was an adult, who made the decision to hoover that shit up. 

From personally observing Andy Dick's "work," all I can say is that he's a negative force in the universe, and that I enjoy the idea of Jon Lovitz beating up anyone - but especially Dick.  Lovitz really should have worked in some comedy/endorsement by shoving an assorted sub with extra secret sauce into Dick's mouth at the end though.  That would have been quality.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2007, 03:10:48 pm »

I remember Andy Dick for one thing. I read an interview where he stated that he originally pondered changing his name for showbiz. Then he decided that changing it would be a slap in the face to all the Dicks nationwide.

I was reminded of it from a guy from college. He came up to visit me in Alaska. We were both giddy and we were secretly thinking that we were going to marry, since we were old flames from college and all that. I think I put the nails in the coffin of the relationship when I asked him one day if he'd ever thought about changing his name, since he had a similarly embarrassing surname. I've never seen a dude go from zero to PISSED OFF so shortly. Yeah. Shouldn't have gone there.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2007, 04:18:30 pm »

Oh, you people.  You have me reading news again.  Entertainment news, at that. 

I'd feel better about this whole thing if it were David Spade.  Not that I like Andy Dick or anything, but I really despise David Spade and if he had done something this heinous more people would hate him. 

My goal in life is to make people agree with me. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2007, 04:31:55 pm »

Yeah, but watching David Spade get beat up would be satisfying and funny.  Watching Andy Dick get beat up would just be satisfying.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2007, 04:33:09 pm »

Oh, you people.  You have me reading news again.  Entertainment news, at that. 
[/i]

HA!  It's all just been a conspiracy to get you to post again! 

Our sinister plan has borne fruit!  FRUIT I TELL YOU! FRUIT!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2007, 04:36:25 pm »

If we can get her to lock a thread, our work will truly be done.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Jon Lovitz is my new hero
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2007, 04:40:59 pm »

Oh!  The agony!  Why do you taunt me, foul temptor? 

If this thread weren't so interesting I'd do it just for comedic timing. 

But I suspect that's what "the man" wants me to do.  Best to wait 'til they least expect it...
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up